New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 235300)

What to buy??

By Kharris

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinballlew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What to buy??”

• Met pro 19 votes
      32%
    • Got pro or premium 9 votes
      15%
    • Twd premium 25 votes
      42%
    • Sm 5 votes
      8%
    • Smve 2 votes
      3%

(60 votes)

#1 1 year ago

With my wife getting a Munsters premium I want a new machine too. If you had to choose between these games which one would you get and why.

Met pro
    Got pro or premium
    Twd premium
    Sm
    Smve

And go!
    (The reason got has the pro and the premium is because I’ve only played the premium but I’ve hear the pro is better??)

#2 1 year ago

Metallica is such a cool pin. I’ve got one at a friends and it’s fun. Wife didn’t want it at home so I have to play it there. All the pins you listed are good, no wrong choice there

#3 1 year ago

From what I hear SM VE people say the voice acting kills it.

I would recommend Met pro or TWD pro (I prefer the pro on both of these pins) and SM in that order

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

From what I hear SM VE people say the voice acting kills it.
    I would recommend Met pro or TWD pro (I prefer the pro on both of these pins) and SM in that order

Is the voice actor different on the vault?

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Is the voice actor different on the vault?

yes, the classic edition has all quotes from the movies: Willam Defoe, Toby Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, J K Simmonds etc. and they have JK doing custom call outs real great callouts too.

The vault has a unknown voice actor trying to call out different voices and it sounds like whatever XM or TWD factory call outs.

The Vault has nothing to do with the movies so they had to change the names of the modes and all the callouts.

this is a good review of SM Vault. Note that I have not played SM Vault but I have several people tell me the voice acting kills it and to me the art is not that good or not my taste.

#6 1 year ago

I own spider man, GOT premium, TWD pro. And Metallica pro. I enjoy all of them they are great fun games but the two that have kept my interest the most after owning them for a while now are TWD and Metallica. I would recommend getting one of those two with my personal preference I think I would give a slight edge to TWD.

#7 1 year ago

TWD is much deeper rules, and much more challenging for the home environment- my .50 cents

#8 1 year ago

I happen to really like all of the games you are deciding between, but TWD is the best game of the bunch. The code is absolute perfection!

#9 1 year ago

TWD gets my vote too. Got the Pro version for my wife back in 2016. It ain’t going anywhere

#10 1 year ago

TWD. But beware, it can be a real ball buster.
    SM. The final wizard mode is difficult to reach but the game is a lot of fun with a mini wizard mode too.

#11 1 year ago

I would go with GOT or Spiderman VE. They are the most fun and seem like they would have the best longevity.

#12 1 year ago

I would go with TWD. I own a MET pro and it's good, but I feel like TWD is deeper.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

With my wife getting a Munsters premium I want a new machine too. If you had to choose between these games which one would you get and why.
    Met pro
    Got pro or premium
    Twd premium
    Sm
    Smve
    And go!
    (The reason got has the pro and the premium is because I’ve only played the premium but I’ve hear the pro is better??)

TWD Premium. GoT Premium second. Third Met. I wasn't a fan of Met Pro. If you go that route, get the Premium of that one. Better light show, better snake mechanism, cooler lock.

#14 1 year ago

I own a SMVE for almost a year now and I didn't even notice half the stuff they complained about in the SDTM video till after I watched it and now I do notice some annoying things but I still like the game. SMVE can definitely be hard to know exactly what to do at times that's for sure. I'm not a super tournament player so I don't try and figure out every single thing there is to know about a game I'm a casual beer drinker and flipper flapper I don't know half the rules to my own games.

Met is just not for me as far as owning it for home use I definitely play it on location but the music isn't for me.

TWD and GoT are both great games I want to add to our collection, hoping they Vault one of them this year possibly with better art. As they are now it would be a tough decision both would be on top of SMVE on the code side but SMVE looks Great and is still a fun shooting game.

Is Star Trek not an option? I just picked up a Pro Vault and love it and would put it at the top of this list, just a total package game for me with theme, sounds, call outs and code.

#15 1 year ago

TWD Premium. Hate the theme but this game is fantastic. I like a challenging game that is tough. Makes me have that one more game feeling. Then when you do have a great game on it, it is just so satisfying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 299.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.99
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside