(Topic ID: 244002)

What titles are earning at barcades and similar locations?

By PinBackpacker

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Greetings everyone. I have a question for those of you that are operating games at barcades, brewpubs, and similar locations. Other than newer Sterns, what games earn well? I hear that games like South Park and TAF still earn well, which others? Anything you didn’t expect to do well that does? Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Super Mario Bros usually pulls in the casual and Nintendo fans. Nba Fastbreak does good with sports fans and can perform well for its price. Slugfest usually does good too.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Slugfest usually does good too

I never would have guessed that

#4 5 years ago

My Gamatron has out earned modern sterns during some months

#5 5 years ago

biggest shocker for me is Super Mario Bros....earns very well.
    I have about 20 games on many different locations.
    Avatar, Pirates, Starwars (stern) Mustang, Gaurdians, gb, JP, and Avengers pro all do well. Southpark does very well too.
    Twister did well as did Star Wars Episode 1.

Testing out
    T3, Areosmith and spiderman but not sure on results yet.
    Transformers LE did not do as well at my family fec style location.
    I have a few spots, country club, 2 campgrounds, rec center, an FEC and a brew pub. Brew pub campgrounds are all new in last couple months for me so time will tell numbers wise.
    Brew pub has Mustang and t3
    rec center has wcs and r911
    fec has Avengers, star wars, guardians, spider man, mario, jp, avatar, gb

#6 5 years ago

Gottlieb Super Mario Brothers does amazing on location

#7 5 years ago

I have a mushroom world but not the big version. Which one are you guys talking about?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have a mushroom world but not the big version. Which one are you guys talking about?

Big.

#10 5 years ago

I think you meant to write "big game".

#11 5 years ago

The only non-Sterns I have on route right now are Dirty Harry, Scared Stiff, Whitewater and Cirqus Voltaire. The only ones at a Brewpub are Whitewater and Scared Stiff. Between those 2 they run between a $1 and $20 difference every 2 weeks. One collection SS will do better and the next time WH2O will do better. My other games are at a movie theater.

#12 5 years ago

In my experience teching for a medium size barcade; go with anything licensed, it's a safe bet. DE Starwars, Indiana Jones, Simpson's Pinball Party, Addam's Family, etc. If it's based on an existing property casuals will plonk a coin in because it's something they recognize. That's not to say games like Attack from Mars or Championship Pub don't earn their keep, but it's clear at the end of the week that having a licensed name certainly puts a finger on the scale.

Don't be fooled by the Pinside ratings if you're looking earners, just a heads up. Medieval Madness is an excellent game and totally deserves its spot on the top 10 list, but that doesn't stop Southpark from eating its lunch every week when it comes to the coin bucket.

Of course all locations are different. For instance, the Frogger at the bar is the highest earning classic vid. Better than Ms. Pac, better than Galaga, that frog averages around as much as the 50 cent pinballs in one week. However, the Frogger I had at an icecream shop about 20 miles away earned abysmally; like we're talking maybe $30 a month. The crowd there wants to play Super Mario Bros, which earns x4 what Frogger did.

#13 5 years ago

Anybody ever route a Monopoly?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Anybody ever route a Monopoly?

I've routed every modern stern. I can say without question not a single lawlor produced by stern earned well. Just based on my experience. The games are very fun but not good earners due to extremely long ball times.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.