Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by kangourou
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Playfield or Playfields would you like reproduced? Commitment to buy if made!”

• 1978 Strange World - I want one Playfield 4 votes
    27%
  • 1978 Hit The Deck - I want one Playfield 1 vote
    7%
  • 1979 Blue Note - I want one Playfield 0 votes
  • 1979 TKO - I want one Playfield 0 votes
  • 1978 Strange World - I want two or more Playfields 0 votes
  • 1978 Hit The Deck - I want two or more Playfields 1 vote
    7%
  • 1979 Blue Note - I want two or more Playfields 0 votes
  • 1979 TKO - I want two or more Playfields 0 votes
  • I really like this kind of poll process and hope that another one like it will be started after this one is finished 9 votes
    60%

(Multiple choice - 15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

POLL: Part 4 - Final

So Wade Krauss makes great playfields for sure but after the Atlantis/2001/Sky Jump playfields are made there is nothing really lined up for sure. Lots of other suggestions for playfields have been posted in separate threads but seem to be getting minimum to moderate traction at best. It would be a good thing to let Wade know how much we love what he does by supporting his efforts as much as we can and that is why I created this thread.

Everyone has their own ideas of what playfield is worthy of being reproduced so here your chance to speak your mind.

In the POLL SECTION ONLY of this thread post your vote for the Single Player Replay Version 1978-1979 EM Playfield that you would like to see reproduced. You may vote for more than one selection, but remember that your vote is considered a commitment to buy. That's right, you can vote for multiple choices.

Once again, Only place a vote if you intend to buy at least one that you have chosen. Remember again that your vote is a commitment to buy.

No votes will be counted in the comment section, but feel free to leave a comment if so inclined.

The first 20 votes of any specific category will "Close" this thread and if there is another Playfield selection with more than 15+ votes by the time the first selection with 20 is hit then this thread will remain open until the goal of 20 is hit as well.

Remember that Wade Krauss always needs at least 20 commitments to start a project so this number cannot be lowered by me.

I myself will not be casting a vote as I have no horse in this race.

Good luck to all that vote and hopefully we can make at least one of these Playfield selections a reality and get it or them made.

TIA,

Ken

#2 8 years ago

Bump for votes!

#3 8 years ago

Where's the votes?

#4 8 years ago

I knew strange world and figured a great playfield as people might buy without even owning one, then i looked up the others and theyre all pretty awesome. Good luck with the run.

#5 8 years ago

Maybe a do over leaving out 78/79.

#6 8 years ago

Ken, I gotta weigh in. Doing this by year like this just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Speaking from experience with Wade, where I bought 25 pieces of the Fast Draw in advance, the biggest factor in choosing a PF to repro is the number of units that will sell. TKO? Come on. Everyone who owns one could buy one to put in their game and another one for a spare and he'd sell 12 playfields. Add two for the ambitious and skilled among us who would build their own game, IF they can cajole someone besides BG Resto into doing the glass.

On the other hand, I am interested in a Jack in the Box. It also fits in a Jumping Jack, and they made 13,000 of those games. The ones in your poll total about a thousand. I'd also go for a Slick Chick, they made about 5000 units of that game.

The other big factor is cash up front, not promises to buy so long as the "buyers" don't change their minds when they get done in a year or two. I'd go for ten of either of those playfields, 50/50 advance payment and on completion. And a little quantity discount would be nice

Just my $.02

Joe

#7 8 years ago

Yeah I agree that this polling method was flawed from the get go. As I mentioned in the other thread, a better way would be to have a thread where people list any playfield(s) they would be willing to buy. After leaving the thread open a while, tally up the most wanted games and then do a "Joe Grenuk" sanity check to pick out games that make sense (high production run, high collectible, other resto parts available...). Once a few games rise to the top, all it takes is someone to champion a game and try to collect 25+ names.

Jack in the Box really makes sense to me and so does Target Alpha. The cupped inserts on my TA drive me crazy.

#8 8 years ago

I really like this kind of poll process and hope that "Multiplayer/Replay Version" poll be started after this one is finished !

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-title-1978-79-gottlieb-em-playfield-do-you-want-open and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.