(Topic ID: 250478)

What three pins would/will you add next?

By FlippinJimmy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MJR8peanut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TopMoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago

Honestly, nothing at the moment.

I've been looking at a game for sale online but I ask myself if I'm considering buying it only because I have a place to put it.

At the moment, there isn't a game out there that really excites me. I've tried to cultivate a collection that's as diverse as possible and a lot of games are just too similar to what I already have.

But you never know - I might get bit by the bug again soon and find a game I can't live without.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

all the new games suck

Yup. I don't care about shot multipliers and standard fan layouts bore me, so any games from 2010 to the present are out. I miss games with stories and characters that have real objectives. Now, pins are only designed for tournaments.

Stern's Jurassic Park looked like a possibility at first, but then I saw the gameplay videos.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I miss games that were fun even when new.

For a while, I was working on collecting a "history of pinball," with a game to represent each decade of pinball. I'm missing the 50's, 2000's and a commercially-made game from the 2010's. But I realized that:

1. I don't have room for that many games, let alone for upcoming decades.

2. To better represent the advances of the 70's I'd need to trade my Jet Spin for an early solid state game (Star Trek?) and I don't want to give up my Jet Spin.

3. I love my TOTAN and my Baywatch (both from the 90's) and can't see either of them leaving to make room for a 2000's game (Monopoly or Spider-Man?) Also, there's no way I'm parting with Queen.

4. There are no 2010's games that are worth the money and effort.

5. I don't entertain much, so who am I trying to impress with this feat?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TopMoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-three-pins-would-will-you-add-next?tu=TopMoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.