(Topic ID: 189191)

What they really mean when they say ...

By Yoski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RADIO POWER CORD BAD (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DMD Good (resized).jpg
    DMD Very Good (resized).jpg
    DMD Excellent (resized).jpg
    18359452_460156114326924_3219284468952736681_o (resized).jpg
    IMG_0505 (resized).JPG
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

"just one more game feel" = I stink. I need to hit the start button again.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Collectibe kids pinball = please buy my Zizzle machine for more than I paid for it.

Obviously this works. The last two Zizzle POTCs offered on EBay sold for $400 each before shipping. And the a Marvel version sold for $325.

#103 6 years ago

Rare pin= I am asking double what it's really worth

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

SST is a somewhat special exception in my mind to the wife rule. The insect toys on the playfield can be disturbing and some spouses may not want it in the house. A couple other games (like Freddy) also fall into this category of reasonable spouse blaming in my view.

Actually, the Freddy I own I bought for my wife as a birthday present. I've been trying to talk her into letting me sell it for years and she won't budge.

#105 6 years ago

Thanks for your offer, but at that low of a selling price I'd rather just to keep it in my collection. = I realize after talking with you that you're not the sucker I'm looking for, so move along!!

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Thanks for your offer, but at that low of a selling price I'd rather just to keep it in my collection. = I realize after talking with you that you're not the sucker I'm looking for, so move along!!

Or.. = Your offer is really low because you are a tight arse and want what you believe to be a real bargain. I will keep it for now to get you as far away from me as possible!

#107 6 years ago

"Slight cat pee smell"
    Smells worse than a nursing home.....

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Or.. = Your offer is really low because you are a tight arse and want what you believe to be a real bargain. I will keep it for now to get you as far away from me as possible!

What is this word "bargain" of which you speak?

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

What is this word "bargain" of which you speak?

That is funny! You are right, no such thing as a bargain in pinball anymore.

#110 6 years ago

"Can be set on free play"=I don't know shit about this pinball machine.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Rare pin= I am asking double what it's really worth

Yes, what I posted about the Zizzles on EBay and it works!

#112 6 years ago

Priced to sell = i paid nothing for it and have fixed none of the problems but just want to cash in on the increasing pinball prices to maximise my profits.

#113 6 years ago

"Sold as Seen" = You'd better find all of those hacks and temporary fixes before you give me your cash.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually, the Freddy I own I bought for my wife as a birthday present. I've been trying to talk her into letting me sell it for years and she won't budge.

Sounds like they are both "keepers"!

#115 6 years ago

"For sale: Wrestlemania"= move on to the next listing.

#116 6 years ago

"Looking for a pin for my [insert disability here] child" = I'm going to take advantage of your compassion to try to buy your pin for way below market value and I intend to flip it the following day for 2x-3x the price.

#117 6 years ago

This has just appeared on a UK pinball forum - from a new member (only joined to post the for sale ad)

"This is still available (Rudy's eyes are sticking a bit - probably just needs a clean)- will take £1800." = I'm hoping that none of you actually know about pinball and will happily pay way over the odds for a machine I haven't a clue how to fix.

#118 6 years ago

"Thanks bud! Hope you enjoy it, have a good one!" = "So long, SUCKER!"

#119 6 years ago

"it's really worth $$$$" = I have watched to many episodes of American Pickers, Pawn Stars, looked at EBay and I have no actual knowledge of pinball and its value. = So I just put this crazy number on this thing and hopping someone will bite.

#120 6 years ago

"This game is minty" = there's old gum stuck under the cabinet.

#121 6 years ago

reduced for a limited time = if it doesn't sell within that time I'll lower the price some more

#122 6 years ago

"Was once owned by [person] before me." = They didn't like it either and got rid of it too.

#123 6 years ago

"Was once owned by famous pinball person [name here]" = He couldn't fix it either.

LTG : )

#124 6 years ago

Small stain on cabinet = was floating in flooded basement
    Elvis = Alive
    Beatles = Beat Time
    Fonzie = Eight Ball
    Vintage = Whatever I say it is
    L@@K = D3sp3r@te
    WOW = L@@K
    Rare = Because I say it is
    KISS = RARE
    I'm not a collector = I'm a flipper

#125 6 years ago

"Vintage Antique" = I don't know what either of these terms mean

#126 6 years ago

"A nice all round example" = rough.

#127 6 years ago

Rare = finding parts for this game close to nonexistent
    They go for xxx on Ebay = I'm really hoping to find a sucker willing to pay 3 times its worth

#128 6 years ago

xxx switch is out prob a loose wire = a loose wire connected to a acid damaged board.

#129 6 years ago

"My loss is your gain" = "I want my loss to be your loss"

#130 6 years ago

"Nicest one I've seen" = this is the only one I've ever seen

(ha ha, hi Mike!)

#131 6 years ago

My favorite has always been the seller who says, "I've had a ton of interest and many trade offers, but nothing set in stone yet," or, "no one's pulled the trigger yet."

Translation: Nothing but f'ing crickets. Not a single inquiry.....not even a kick me in the nuts low ball offer.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My favorite has always been the seller who says, "I've had a ton of interest and many trade offers, but nothing set in stone yet," or, "no one's pulled the trigger yet."
    Translation: Nothing but f'ing crickets. Not a single inquiry.....not even a kick me in the nuts low ball offer.

Hi Bryan, Sold you a Zip A Doo about 10 years ago. Hope you Bally collection is almost complete. Good to see you are still active. I am in TX but my son and most of my family is in MN. Kid about to get his EE from St.Cloud, another generation of pinball fans.

#133 6 years ago

"I'd sell for the right price" = get out the vasoline

#134 6 years ago

Putting out feelers=need to sell asap

#135 6 years ago

"The game has a nice patina" = the cabinet and playfield are rough
    This term is sometimes used in conjunction with the words, "vintage", "aged", or "historical".
    Often the adverb, "significantly" is added in front of the word historical.

In reference to sales quips only:
    "Highly collectible"=I believe this game is worth more than what the price guides say, or I have no idea, or nostalgia bug is biting the owner in the a$$ really hard.
    The term is sometimes used in conjunction with the phrase, "the game is guaranteed to only go up in value".

I think it is time to make another classic Bazinga! ad for humor.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"The game has a nice patina" = the cabinet and playfield are rough

+1

#137 6 years ago

Home use only................since it came out of the container.

#138 6 years ago

The game is mint = i have no idea what the definition of "mint" is

#139 6 years ago

"Want to trade giant inflatable clown head for a pinball" = I enjoy torturing Chicago Craigslisters.

#140 6 years ago

"No haggle price, price is firm" No,you won't browbeat me with your price police tactics to sell it for much less,
    just so I can see it re-listed for twice as much 2 hours after you get it.
    I don't care what the Milwaukee, or Boston, or Singapore price guide says.
    I also don't care what the so-called "Expert" you know says. I don't care what the local Pinball Museum Guy or girl says.
    I don't care what Chart showing sales for the past 2 years says either.
    I don't succumb to mockery either, "Where did you get this stupid price"
    NO HAGGLE means either look at it and buy it or shake hands and go away. Not Post somewhere with your experience mocking the
    stupidity or hard head of the Seller. Or point out the issues you see that should lower the price so you can easily repair them and list it for 2 or 3 times the price.
    PRICE IS FIRM No I won't go down, and I do not intend to listen to your stupid opinion as to what it is "Really Worth"

I feel a lot better now,thanks!

#141 6 years ago

Thanks guys - this was a great read, especially since I've experienced most of these!

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-they-really-mean-when-they-say/page/3?hl=rammstein99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.