(Topic ID: 189191)

What they really mean when they say ...

By Yoski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RADIO POWER CORD BAD (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DMD Good (resized).jpg
    DMD Very Good (resized).jpg
    DMD Excellent (resized).jpg
    18359452_460156114326924_3219284468952736681_o (resized).jpg
    IMG_0505 (resized).JPG

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Going through ads I often find the phrases below and their true meaning.

ready for restoration: It's a complete pile of junk which I have no idea on how to ever get it working again.
    rare: It's totally overpriced for no particular reason.
    needs minor work: I have no idea how to fix it
    one of a kind: has a few mods

Any other ones I missed?

#2 6 years ago

Has some playfield touch ups. Means someone did a super shitty job of color matching and slapped on the lowest quality acrylic paint they could find and caked it on because the thought it might look better. Hahaha

#3 6 years ago

Just needs a fuse = needs a new board.

#4 6 years ago

home use only = it was used in my home after spending ten years in a dive bar

#5 6 years ago

Needs TLC: hasn't seen any maintenance since the Reagan administration was in power.

#6 6 years ago

Excellent condition = has spots worn to the wood on the playfield and insert edges
    Excellent condition for its age = has even bigger areas worn to the wood

o.b.o. = I'm running an auction

#7 6 years ago

Mildly shopped = it boots ok

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mildly shopped = it boots ok

Actually Mildly shopped = I changed a light bulb and wiped the playfield down with a dirty rag.

#9 6 years ago

Nice shape but needs tlc = lights up

#10 6 years ago

It got a bit wet = I left it outside for two weeks

#11 6 years ago

Plays great = ball rolls downhill

#12 6 years ago

Barn Find = Neglected for decades

#13 6 years ago

"Just needs a good home" = Neglected for years.

#14 6 years ago

After a week of emails and pictures and setting up a date and time to come get it...."the wife would be mad if I bought it" which really means= "I didn't have the balls to tell her I'm spending $250 on a pinball machine."

UGH !!

John

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

After a week of emails and pictures and setting up a date and time to come get it...."the wife would be mad if I bought it" which really means= "I didn't have the balls to tell her I'm spending $250 on a pinball machine."
    UGH !!
    John

Pro tip- whenever "wife" is mentioned it's complete bullshit. Guy just changed his mind.

#16 6 years ago

"Need to make some room"...for a pin that looks and plays a lot better than this one.

#17 6 years ago

works 100%- something is most defiantly wrong with it but you guess.

#18 6 years ago

Wear in the usual spots = not in the "great" condition it's listed as.

#19 6 years ago

Collectibe kids pinball = please buy my Zizzle machine for more than I paid for it.

#20 6 years ago

Minor cosmetic damage, doesn't affect gameplay. - cab rougher than a dock workers palms... like my ex wife.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pro tip- whenever "wife" is mentioned it's complete bullshit. Guy just changed his mind.

However, if wife is not mentioned and you show up and the wife is the decision maker, you're negotiating a good deal because she wants them gone.

#22 6 years ago

Minty fresh = I just chewed a piece of gum but my pinball machine sux

#23 6 years ago

"Decided to keep it" = Got a better offer from a scumbag buyer but I'm too big a pussy to tell you that.

#24 6 years ago

Restored - Wipe down, new rubbers, LED's and a flipper rebuild (if you're lucky). Game does boot and play though.

#25 6 years ago

"Excellent pin for a family with kids" = The gameplay is boring and I just want to get something else.

#26 6 years ago

No low ballers please, I KNOW what these go for. = I saw one on Ebay years ago but failed to sort for the "SOLD" only results, and ignored the fact it was restored by a professional.

#27 6 years ago

Awesome deep rule-set once you learn them = BORING AS FUCK

#28 6 years ago

"L@@K!!! SUPER RARE WON'T LAST!!!" = I still think it's 1998 and I'm listing on Yahoo! Auctions.

#29 6 years ago

"Shopped with LEDs" - Hey new guy. Would you like to pay double the market value for a pile of clown puke and caked-on wax all over your star posts? COOL.

#30 6 years ago

"Nothing to spend" After you spend $1000 fixing it up!

#31 6 years ago

"Players condition" Machine is fucked and totally worn out. It still works.... only just

#32 6 years ago

"Been in storage for years, but is untested. Looks good." = Missing boards and has a family of raccoons living in it.

#33 6 years ago

Owned and serviced by an electrical engineer =
    Worked at RadioShack in the 70s Hacked potential fire hazard.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dead on Levi.

#35 6 years ago

This is all so true, you guys got me cracking up laughing!
    -Mike

#36 6 years ago

Easy fix, just haven't had the time = Can't fucking figure it out and I give up!

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Easy fix, just haven't had the time = Can't fucking figure it out and I give up!

Or I'm a lazy fuck and don't feel like fixing it!!

I'd be honest and just say that.

#38 6 years ago

Hate to see it go = cant wait to get this fucking machine out of my house.

#39 6 years ago

Forced to sell, My Loss your Gain = Your Loss My Gain (once you realize what you just bought at that price)

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from JonCrox:

cab rougher than a dock workers palms... like my ex wife

ouch !!!!

#41 6 years ago

What does it really mean when Stern says , "Stay Tuned"

#42 6 years ago

From an actual ad around here: Has a few bugs sometimes here and there but so does any collectible like this. I'm taking this as might play, most likely no chance it does

#43 6 years ago

"Excellent condition for its age" = its not working, its cab is horrendously damaged, wood worms live inside the playfield, it is simply one of the worst examples of this particular machine you have ever seen.

#44 6 years ago

Buy before the next code update drops, it will be a major one and should occur within the next two weeks = poster is talking out of his ass and has no real info about the future of the title. If you buy my pin and the code doesn't get fixed, don't blame me.

#45 6 years ago

"I'm only the 3rd owner of this machine!" - I have no idea how many people have had this machine in their collection but I'm pretty sure it's been treated and passed around like a village bicycle, I suggest you disinfect this sucker before bringing it into your house.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Excellent condition for its age = has even bigger areas worn to the wood

Ah crap, you already did this one. Alas, i didn't see it.

#47 6 years ago

"It's my wife's favourite game" = my wife hates pinball and I'm asking a premium price.

#48 6 years ago

Untested = Tested it, and it does not start

#49 6 years ago

"I'm toying with the idea of selling/trading" -- I don't want to pay a few bucks to Pinside so hopefully I can find a deal through PM's before being asked to make an ad.

#50 6 years ago

Original condition = I don't know how to take the glass off

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-they-really-mean-when-they-say and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.