Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would make you most likely to buy a pin?”

• Harry Potter 72 votes
      21%
    • Toy Story 37 votes
      11%
    • Blade Runner 47 votes
      13%
    • Pulp Fiction 38 votes
      11%
    • Star Wars 56 votes
      16%
    • Iron Maiden 35 votes
      10%
    • Jaws 37 votes
      11%
    • Muppets 19 votes
      5%
    • Rush 10 votes
      3%

(351 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chuck-jones-rules- (resized).jpg
    wolfenstein_wallpaper02-C (resized).jpg
    Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpg
    futurama-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161104_003835 (resized).jpg
    Wicked City (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BR (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

With the discussion/speculation about upcoming pins, including what's next for JJP, I thought it would be interesting to know what themes people would be most excited about. It seems that we are getting short on having themes left that would be universally popular, with a few exceptions like perhaps Harry Potter and Toy Story.

I've tried to list most of the themes that I've seen a fair number of people mention that they'd like to see, including ones that I personally wouldn't care for.

For me Pulp Fiction, Toy Story, and Blade Runner would be high on the list.

#2 7 years ago

By the way, please vote based purely on what theme you'd like to see most, regardless of whether you think it will actually be made or not (many people say the Harry Potter license is unobtainium for example)

#43 7 years ago

I have to say that I am very pleasantly surprised that Blade Runner is leading this poll!

It almost makes me tear up...

Messages Image(2202154338) (resized).pngMessages Image(2202154338) (resized).png

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

I did vote for Blade Runner, and have wanted that for years and years. BUT, the one thing that BR may suffer is it's lack of any upbeat content, or any faster paced original music for use in multiballs or the like.

There is some faster paced original soundtrack music in Blade Runner, but like any pin, there would probably need to be some additional original music added as well

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Still, I would have thought Blade Runner would have much greater appeal to this small demographic.

I voted for Blade Runner, but I'm actually surprised that it has done as well as it has. It's kind of a cult movie that movie buffs love, but there's not a huge public affection for the film in general. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Either way, glad to see it get as much love here as it is.

Personally I agree with not getting the love for Harry Potter. I've never read the books, but after watching the first two films I was left scratching my head as to why there was so much love for the films. And people still want a HP pin.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

If the poll was structured to allow multiple choices the poll would likely end up different.

Which is exactly why I didn't allow for more than one choice.

I wanted to know what people wanted to see the most.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

A blade runner pinball machine would need slow moving two hour games. Then it would be just like the movie.

It's no slower than BSD, and that theme works just fine for pinball.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll play any game they come up with. I've never been too picky unless it's one I'm looking to buy.
    Why don't we just let the pinball makers go back to deciding what games to make. Maybe the less input pinside has the better.

It would be interesting to know what kind of market research Stern and the other pinball companies do in order to determine what the next theme will be.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They don't have to spend a dime on research anymore. Just skim pinside for the next speculation thread. Give the people what they want. Unfortunately pinside doesn't speak for all the people.
    If they had used pinside as a guide in the past, we may have never seen AC/DC, Tron, or even Big Buck Hunter to name a few.

I remember lots of people wanting both AC/DC and Tron as a theme for a pin. BBH? Not so much. But I have no problem with BBH as a theme myself.

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Really? I friken love that movie.... now and when l was a teen. It's funny because I remember all my friends going "what the fuck did we just watch?" And I was thinking "that was a cool ass movie!"

Like I said in an earlier post, the majority of movie buffs are going to love Blade Runner for numerous reasons. People who were expecting Blade Runner to be more like Star Wars were going to be disappointed.

American Film Institute ranked Blade Runner as the 6th best SciFi film ever made.

I think they rated it too low.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-like-to-see-most?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.