Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would make you most likely to buy a pin?”

• Harry Potter 72 votes
      21%
    • Toy Story 37 votes
      11%
    • Blade Runner 47 votes
      13%
    • Pulp Fiction 38 votes
      11%
    • Star Wars 56 votes
      16%
    • Iron Maiden 35 votes
      10%
    • Jaws 37 votes
      11%
    • Muppets 19 votes
      5%
    • Rush 10 votes
      3%

(351 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chuck-jones-rules- (resized).jpg
    wolfenstein_wallpaper02-C (resized).jpg
    Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpg
    futurama-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161104_003835 (resized).jpg
    Wicked City (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BR (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 7 years ago

With the discussion/speculation about upcoming pins, including what's next for JJP, I thought it would be interesting to know what themes people would be most excited about. It seems that we are getting short on having themes left that would be universally popular, with a few exceptions like perhaps Harry Potter and Toy Story.

I've tried to list most of the themes that I've seen a fair number of people mention that they'd like to see, including ones that I personally wouldn't care for.

For me Pulp Fiction, Toy Story, and Blade Runner would be high on the list.

#2 7 years ago

By the way, please vote based purely on what theme you'd like to see most, regardless of whether you think it will actually be made or not (many people say the Harry Potter license is unobtainium for example)

#3 7 years ago

I said it elsewhere and I'll say it here - a Harry Potter announcement is a day 1 CE pre-order outta me. I know that's everything wrong with pinball blah blah but I think that theme mixed with JJP is a formula for an insane game. I imagine ramps that change positions like the magical staircases, maybe a castle you can shoot the ball around. The launch area could be Hogwarts express. Disappearing ball, or levitating ball. Magic stuff in every part of the box.

Do want.

Edit: ramp that jumps the ball through a quiditch goalpost.

#4 7 years ago

Harry Potter is the holy grail of pinball licensing, but it's not gonna happen as long as JK Rowling is still alive.

Personally, I voted for Blade Runner for my own collection.

#5 7 years ago

A really good pin needs to have a really good soundtrack. I think Star Wars with all the orchestral music would fit the bill nicely. Not sure if the music for Harry potter would work.

#6 7 years ago

Back to the Future

Stern, make it happen

#7 7 years ago

He-Man and The Masters of The Universe

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Back to the Future
    Stern, make it happen

Yes!!!

With a rotating (or LCD) clock tower that changes appearance based on whether you're in 1985, 1955, 2015, alternate 1985, or 1885. I'd be 100% in on a 2015 "future" edition.

That said, I voted for Jaws, but wish I had voted for Blade Runner.

#9 7 years ago

I would love to see a series of pins made; one for each major war our country has fought including the Civil War, World War 1, World War 2, Korea, and Vietnam. If I had to pick just one it would be WW2. There's all sorts of material to tell the story of that war as you progress through the modes, and have the major battles of the war be the different modes. Lots of cool toys, artwork, and audio/video clips could be incorporated. Plus no licensing fees! Think about it.

#10 7 years ago

I'd really like to see Rick and Morty or a more modern SouthPark.

#11 7 years ago

G.I. Joe (Cartoon)
    Evil Dead
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Queen / with Freddie Mercury

#12 7 years ago

Sons of Anarchy

LTG : )

#14 7 years ago

Maiden and Castelvania and NHL.

#15 7 years ago

Harry Potter has a lot of fun possibilities. Get sorted by the Hat, which unlocks different perks. Hit up the Wizard Wheezes for special tricks and bonuses, or Honeydukes for a treat in the form of a mini-mode. Ball saves are indicated by a swirling Remembrall between the flippers. Go to classes to start modes, which slowly reveals the threat of Voldemort, who you fight in the (HEH) wizard mode, struggling to keep his Avada Kevadra beam from outmatching your own and reaching the drain.

Blade Runner would be fun, if they kept the philosophical quirks and really went to town on the neon look, which could be achievable with LE wire. That could literally be a city under the glass.

#16 7 years ago

I voted Jaws but with the caveat that, if done right, I think Blade Runner would be an instant hall of fame pin. i'm picturing the "city under glass" that Trunchbull is referring and that would be amazing. So much potential.

#17 7 years ago

1. Star Wars...the original trilogy.

2. James Bond using the Connery movies.

3. Back to the Future.

4. Pulp Fiction

#18 7 years ago

never enough star wars.

jaws could be cool.

another MM a la monty python.

#19 7 years ago

Not quite Monty Python but Time Bandits would be a hoot. Wacky cast, time/space-hopping, extravagant villain, lots of fun imagery, quotes, and concepts to play with. And a dark sense of humor.

#20 7 years ago

Well you have two on there that would be at the top of my list.... Blade Runner & Pulp Fiction. My other would be The Matrix.

#21 7 years ago

You missed matrix and evil dead

#22 7 years ago

TRON and Willy Wonka

#23 7 years ago

Blade Runner would be great but I also would like to see a Willy Wonka.

#24 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction sounds like it would be a nightmare in terms of licensing the soundtrack.

Jaws would be my preferred choice.

#25 7 years ago

Futurama
    He-Man
    Thundercats

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

G.I. Joe (Cartoon)

That would be awsome! Maybe similar to risk where you fight and take over land and wage battles. A cartoon version would keep thing funny and kids could play it too.

#27 7 years ago

I gotta go with Harry Potter done by JJP,it just seems like a recipe for success.
    Mike

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

You missed matrix and evil dead

My top two themes too!

#29 7 years ago

I will preorder if this theme is announced.....

bladerunner (resized).pngbladerunner (resized).png

#30 7 years ago

Honestly, all of those themes would be AWESOME! Good chance we'll get them all too. Great time to be a pinball fan.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sons of Anarchy
    LTG : )

I love that idea! I second it

#32 7 years ago

I hope this isn't a stern post Robt, don't give them anymore ideas to ruin good game themes with the crap they produce.

#33 7 years ago

Heavy Metal for JJP. Fingers crossed

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

By the way, please vote based purely on what theme you'd like to see most, regardless of whether you think it will actually be made or not (many people say the Harry Potter license is unobtainium for example)

I am starting to really wonder if this idea that HP is unobtainable is an urban legend. Some people have mentioned that J.K. Rowling herself put the brakes on a HP pinball machine. It still really wonder how true these rumors are.

I wonder if it is more of a financial thing. Maybe whomever really owns the rights to something like a pinball machine for HP is making it cost prohibitive.

Either way, if they crack this nut, this very well could be the next MM of pinball. The theme will sell itself....and if it is done correctly, it could very well be epic. Talk about a theme that will cross generations. Crossing fingers.

#35 7 years ago

Most recent rumor I heard, mind you it's just a rumor, is that she has come around on pinball. I choose to believe that rumor because it fits better with my grail machine goals.

#36 7 years ago

I voted Rush, since they are a great Canadian band.

HP would be a cash cow but maybe 10 years from now, it's too late but to fresh at the same time. It would have to be a JJP title though due to the complexity and detail it would need. Blade runner is perfect for Stern.

#37 7 years ago

I don't think it will ever happen, but I would love to see a Battlestar Galactica pinball machine. Then the question I ask myself is would I like an original series or the 2004 version. I loved both series, but the music from the original is brilliant. Here it is below:

#38 7 years ago

I would like to see a retro sci-if theme like you would see on a 50's-60's-era EM. Maybe Buck Rogers would work.

Also would like to see a good Bugs Bunny/Warner Bros. pin. But I'm old

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I am starting to really wonder if this idea that HP is unobtainable is an urban legend. Some people have mentioned that J.K. Rowling herself put the brakes on a HP pinball machine. It still really wonder how true these rumors are.
    I wonder if it is more of a financial thing. Maybe whomever really owns the rights to something like a pinball machine for HP is making it cost prohibitive.
    Either way, if they crack this nut, this very well could be the next MM of pinball. The theme will sell itself....and if it is done correctly, it could very well be epic. Talk about a theme that will cross generations. Crossing fingers.

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

#41 7 years ago

The Blues Brothers!
    tumblr_nywyaxQLbJ1uhgtaao1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_nywyaxQLbJ1uhgtaao1_500 (resized).png

#42 7 years ago

I just don't get the love for Harry Potter. I think I made it through one and a half (or was it two and a half?) movies before I was done.

#43 7 years ago

I have to say that I am very pleasantly surprised that Blade Runner is leading this poll!

It almost makes me tear up...

Messages Image(2202154338) (resized).pngMessages Image(2202154338) (resized).png

#44 7 years ago

I'd like to see Deadpool (but PLEASE keep it raunchy)

This was me today when we all dressed up at work

FuckinFrancis (resized).jpgFuckinFrancis (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

This may have some potential as well.

westworld (resized).jpgwestworld (resized).jpg

#46 7 years ago

I like most of these but caste my vote for Pulp Fiction. It has the potential for spectacular callouts and an awesome soundtrack.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I like most of these but caste my vote for Pulp Fiction. It has the potential for spectacular callouts and an awesome soundtrack.

I sort of agree here. I did vote for Blade Runner, and have wanted that for years and years. BUT, the one thing that BR may suffer is it's lack of any upbeat content, or any faster paced original music for use in multiballs or the like. If you listen to the soundtrack album, you'll find it mostly dour, in a good way of course, but I think there will be a big need for some new music to be put in by, I don't know, someone who might already be working on something like, I don't know, maybe Alien??

#49 7 years ago

Absolutely none of the choices on the poll.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

BR may suffer is it's lack of any upbeat content, or any faster paced original music for use in multiballs or the like

That is why a really good theme must include a killer soundtrack.

Here is the hands down winner in that dept.

Heavy_Metal_Soundtrack_Image (resized).jpgHeavy_Metal_Soundtrack_Image (resized).jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-like-to-see-most?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.