Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would make you most likely to buy a pin?”

• Harry Potter 72 votes
      21%
    • Toy Story 37 votes
      11%
    • Blade Runner 47 votes
      13%
    • Pulp Fiction 38 votes
      11%
    • Star Wars 56 votes
      16%
    • Iron Maiden 35 votes
      10%
    • Jaws 37 votes
      11%
    • Muppets 19 votes
      5%
    • Rush 10 votes
      3%

(351 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chuck-jones-rules- (resized).jpg
    wolfenstein_wallpaper02-C (resized).jpg
    Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpg
    futurama-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0068 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161104_003835 (resized).jpg
    Wicked City (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    BR (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago

Saw...

I want to play a game.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#152 7 years ago

I didn't see Rush before I clicked Toy Story... It'll never get made but I'd buy Rush, only after playing it course!

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ninja Scroll and so many more Japanamation films

Wicked City would be kick ass!

Wicked City (resized).jpgWicked City (resized).jpg

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I truly believe Pinside now has to ability to will pins into existence.

Might be able to will pinball out of existence too.

#156 7 years ago

Original themes.

IMG_20161104_003835 (resized).jpgIMG_20161104_003835 (resized).jpg

#157 7 years ago

If the game is for location - Harry Potter for sure. Will attract a younger crowd to try a pinball. Still will appeal to lots of adults too.

For home, which is the older crowd - The Three Stooges or Monty Python. Some game that is very humorous. One where the callouts would really make fun and antagonize the player for poor play. Moe calling the player a bunch of names would be hilarious.

#158 7 years ago

For me, I don't think you can go wrong with a good music pin. Just something about good music with a pinball machine. Plus each band seems to have their own unique look from an art standpoint. I'd love to see a new Guns N' Roses table with their greatest hits. Zeppelin would be cool too.

Beatles, Grateful Dead (imagine the artwork!), Nirvana, Prince, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Maiden, Hendrix, Michael Jackson, and Aerosmith would all make fun tables.

I guess what I'm saying is if you make a cool music pin, I'll be into it.

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

If the game is for location - Harry Potter for sure. Will attract a younger crowd to try a pinball. Still will appeal to lots of adults too.
    For home, which is the older crowd - The Three Stooges or Monty Python. Some game that is very humorous. One where the callouts would really make fun and antagonize the player for poor play. Moe calling the player a bunch of names would be hilarious.

Agreed that Monty Python could be a good option. Basically it would be a sequel to MM. Lots of potential there.

I have trouble seeing Three Stooges. The callouts alone could get really annoying very quickly. Plus I am thinking there is a generation and a half that doesn't even know how to spell Three Stooges.

Harry Potter for sure. By far the best choice for location as well as the home. Best choice for sustainability with pinball. Someone needs to crack that licensing nut. If I was Jack, I would be on a plane to England to work J.K. Rowling over. There has to be a way to make that work.

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I have trouble seeing Three Stooges. The callouts alone could get really annoying very quickly. Plus I am thinking there is a generation and a half that doesn't even know how to spell Three Stooges

Considering the 2012 movie got 5 stars on imdb, I'd guess even those that know it don't care about it anymore
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383010/

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Considering the 2012 movie got 5 stars on imdb, I'd guess even those that know it don't care about it anymore
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383010/

HP Gross sales for the last of 8 movies grossed about $10 Billion. That is the money from just the movies.

imdb is showing $44 Million for Three Stooges.

The original Blade Runner grossed $34 Million. Although I think that was poor marketing because I loved the movie.

The problem is that the majority of the films people are proposing are for Boomers (maybe some X-r's). That market is dying off by the millions each year. Need to rope in the next generation. That is why someone has to catch the whale, HP.

#162 7 years ago

Blade runner would have to feature aspects of the frank Lloyd write house used for his apartment scenes.

1 week later
    #163 7 years ago

I don't know how many others would be interested, but I would love to have a new Guns N' Roses pin. I had the Data East one for years and it's a good pin, but I would love a modern take with the sound quality that Spike II has.

You have the 30th anniversary of Appetite coming up next year and they are on the road again.

#164 7 years ago

JJP HP would probably be my first NIB.

#165 7 years ago

Star Wars, as long as it's not based on the crap that Disney's churning out.

2 months later
    #166 7 years ago

Blasto!

I know I know never will happen but I loved this game. Phil Hartman made it so funny. A man can dream lol.

IMG_0068 (resized).JPGIMG_0068 (resized).JPG

IMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPG

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG

IMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPG

IMG_0084 (resized).JPGIMG_0084 (resized).JPG

#167 7 years ago

futurama-01 (resized).jpgfuturama-01 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #168 7 years ago

Barcade theme
    50 shades of grey

Family theme
    Nintendo super smash bros game

Rich investors theme e.g Berkshire Hathaway shareholders
    Warren Buffett

I personally like Nintendo but nowadays pinball companies want to sell SLE. Warren Buffett's pinball machine sounds logic to me. Warren Buffett started making money with his pinball machines when he was teenage. I am sure Bershire Hathaway shareholders will have the money and room for a pinball machine. If Stern or JJP can get Warren Buffett's licensed pinball. I believe Warren Buffett's pinball machine will be sold out in 30 minutes as long as Stern or JJP launch Warren Buffett's pinball at his Shareholders meeting. Unfortunately I am not his shareholders.

#169 7 years ago

Any pinball machine based on a Nintendo franchise. Imagine: a game with deep rules like LoTR, but it's theme is The Legend of Zelda or Metroid. I'd sell my kidney for a game like that.

#170 7 years ago

As long as we're doing throwback and/or music pins (well, throwback music pins), can't we have a Talking Heads "True Stories" pin? Lots of humor, great soundtrack, plenty of good concepts for playfield action and modes. Plus, all the music video segments lend themselves really well to an LCD display.

#171 7 years ago

In terms of Monty Python... I'd be down for a Flying Circus pin. May not be a popular opinion; but I think Flying Circus was loads funnier than any of the movies.... and not just the parrot and silly walk bits. Stuff like the Oscar Wilde sketch, the job interview sketch, and the Woody and Tinny words sketches. That's the real genius stuff.

#172 7 years ago

I would love to see more original themes like Medieval Madness, Black Knight, Junkyard etc....

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I would love to see more original themes like Medieval Madness, Black Knight, Junkyard etc....

How cool would BK3K be (hypothetically of course?) I know... WMS property... Steve Ritchie works for Stern... yadda yadda. If someone could make BK3K work... they'd have to involve SR of course... and Brian Schmidt for music, naturally. Upper playfield with RGB lights surrounding the edges... the mind boggles.

#174 7 years ago

I voted star wars off this threads list.For the sake of bringing in the youth,Harry potter and toy story sound good.I always thought a spongebob squarepants pin would kill in pizza type locations,Not sure what the licensing with nickelodeon would take.As far as adult music themes,Ozzy/Blacksabbath would be a must have.I recently bought rob zombie and along those lines my wishlist would have deathklock on it,Beavis and butthead could be a cool music/cartoon crossover also.The inner nerd would love to see the hitchhikers guide go to public production,Monty python could be cool on the brit humor.Futurama with depth to go next to family guy,south park and tspp would also be a must have for me!Dream on!

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Any pinball machine based on a Nintendo franchise. Imagine: a game with deep rules like LoTR, but it's theme is The Legend of Zelda or Metroid. I'd sell my kidney for a game like that.

Castelevania has been my vote for years if done right.

#176 7 years ago

Groo!

#177 7 years ago

LEGO for the win.

#178 7 years ago

Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpgReturn-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Free-Download-11 (resized).jpg

wolfenstein_wallpaper02-C (resized).jpgwolfenstein_wallpaper02-C (resized).jpg

#179 7 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I have trouble seeing Three Stooges. The callouts alone could get really annoying very quickly. Plus I am thinking there is a generation and a half that doesn't even know how to spell Three Stooges.

Plus they are more or less nonexistent in the rest of the world. Most pinball companies depend on international sales.

HP is off the charts, thank god. I'd rather get old peoples themes than children themes. I do believe it would sell very well, though.

Evil Dead would sell well I think, it's still my dream theme. You'll get the Evil Dead fans, the "campy 80s movies" crowd and the many horror fans in general. The possibilities for artwork and "features" like the iconic reading of the book of the dead are outstanding. Plus there's a very humorous tone to all the Evil Dead movies, something that is so heavily missing in modern pinball today.

A lot of themes listed here are way to niche and lack a more general underlying topic that radiates into other, broader target audiences.

#180 7 years ago

Donkey Kong pinball.

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

LEGO for the win.

Man... lego could be cool. Many different directions they could take that game. Would be cool if it was like junkyard in the sense that you have to build things.

#182 7 years ago

Always Sunny in Philadelphia could make for some entertaining call outs and theme music. Enough running jokes in the series to use for multi balls / rule set.. lock the ball at paddy's pub.

#183 7 years ago

Roadrunner.....could incorporate catapult, magnets, cliffs etc....

chuck-jones-rules- (resized).jpgchuck-jones-rules- (resized).jpg

#185 7 years ago

Harry Potter or Star Wars of the games listed in the survey would be cool. A non licensed themed disaster pin Killer Bees is my personal dream theme.

#186 7 years ago

Isn't LEGO the world's largest toy company? My kid has a few thousand bucks worth of sets I bet he's collected over the years. Almost 14 and still loves them. So many very cool ways to go and how easy to mod with some homemade mini-figs and stuff! That theme I would buy LE unseen most likely.

3 months later
    #187 6 years ago

Someone needs to make Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Someone needs to make Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Better have a lot of 'Return' in it! I'd be in.

#189 6 years ago

I asked my five year old what theme she would most want and she said Harry Potter. So...right now that's also going to be my answer.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-like-to-see-most/page/4?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.