(Topic ID: 48868)

What theme would you like - Excluding Marvel movies & Old White Rock Bands

By Collin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

msp_cover23_mr.jpg
    L_tschorr_vernetovander.jpg
    stainboyalcatraz_10.jpg
    event-horizon-50742db90735f.jpg
    CocaCola.jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    thetan_ol.jpg
    image.jpg
    th.jpeg
    the_fly_1958-779691.jpg
    Zathura_Title_card.jpg
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

+1 on the Mythology theme..

I would also like to see a War themed pinball....tons of possibilities.
    Maybe a crazed Tim Burton theme?
    If I was looking for pins made just for me - I'm looking for Cheers!

#53 10 years ago

Are old black rock bands fair game? Fishbone? Living Colour?

#54 10 years ago

Scooby Doo, or anything with campy monsters. Something like Ben Heck's Zombie Adventures-

A Zombie Land pin might fit the bill. I like humor with my horror movies.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Are old black rock bands fair game? Fishbone? Living Colour?

If their good. Fishbone I could never stand.

#56 10 years ago

The fly!

the_fly_1958-779691.jpgthe_fly_1958-779691.jpg

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

Maybe a crazed Tim Burton theme?

Nightmare before christmas could be cool.

#58 10 years ago

or-

th.jpegth.jpeg

#59 10 years ago

Classic movie monsters.
    Greek mythology.
    Muppets themed to TV series.

There are a ton but I think these round out the top of the list theme wise for me.

ZL quotes would be great in a pin or as callouts.

#60 10 years ago

Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Night Gallery or Creepshow or actually Tales From The Darkside.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Tales From The Darkside

Would be good. Outer Limits would be cool too.

#62 10 years ago

Clerks could be a fun one.

37 times in a row award.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Clerks could be a fun one.

37 times in a row award.

Drain the ball and the game says " try not to suck any dicks on your way through the parking lot"

#64 10 years ago

I think a pin based on my favorite toys of the late 70s would be kinda cool: Micronauts! But not a new Sterny pin with ramps & tasks, it would have to be a table in the style of a Bally or Williams from the same era, so it would be a conversion with new playfield, plastics & backglass. Hell, throw in new cabinet stencils featuring Biotron and Time Traveler vs the Acroyears. Williams sound fx from that era would be perfect.

#65 10 years ago

an original horror theme be it zombies/vampires/aliens whatever just a non franchise generic horror theme. Either that or a classic horror like evil dead or friday 13th. Also think a clockwork orange pin would be epic. Something cult and iconic.

I'm a massive walking dead (more the comics) and game of thrones fan but I'm not sure they'd make good comics. Live action TV shows just don't fit pins well for me that being said I'd buy a hbo Oz pin in a second.

#66 10 years ago

The Three Stooges as mentioned by others would be a great pin. It really seems to fit with what JJP is doing. I hope they can get licensing.

#67 10 years ago

Archer.

It would look great, be funny as hell and the "new money" in pinball would eat it up.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from redbirdpat:

The Three Stooges as mentioned by others would be a great pin. It really seems to fit with what JJP is doing. I hope they can get licensing.

Yeah I think a 3 Stooges would be good.

On a different note, I wouldn't mind seeing a drag race / hot rod themed pin - especially with today's sound f/x capabilities.

#69 10 years ago

One movie that's always seemed so obvious to me is Phantasm! Between the horror theme, the excellent music, and the fact that one of the main antagonists in the movie is a friggin' silver ball, it'd be perfect!! The pinball becomes "the ball", throw in a gold ball "Powerball"-style, bash a Tall Man toy, spell "B-O-Y" in the rollover lanes...and I'm just getting warmed up.

If Stern doesn't beat me to it, one of these days I'm making a fan-made Phantasm table!!

#70 10 years ago

How about a 50 Years Of James Bond pin?

#71 10 years ago

'Saw' would have endless possibilities. It seems horror type pins always do well

Not a big fan of Eminen but I think property themed....would have a Metallica type results.

#72 10 years ago

It's a classic!
    It must be done!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#73 10 years ago

Cats

i dunno, SkyFall because i don't want to remember Pierce Brosnan, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton.....Prometheus because their are 2 more coming and who knew Jesus was an Engineer....Pink Floyd, Boston or Van Halen, Ozzy because i could put on my silk shirt and relive my youth....

i'd like to see JJPinball do Blade Runner, epic, I'd buy 3 LE's and put them on pinside for 13.5K each.

#74 10 years ago

Outer Limits WOULD be good! Plenty of monsters to choose from!

thetan_ol.jpgthetan_ol.jpg

#75 10 years ago

One movie that's always seemed so obvious to me is Phantasm!

Agreed, it fits the bill.

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm partial to monster pinballs.
    Haunted House
    Underworld
    Army of Darkness
    I'd also like to see James Bond done right.

Any of these would be great. I'd also be into Dexter (though it'd be dangerously close to a repeat of the CSI theme), Adventure Time (or even Spongebob if that's what's big overseas, but Adventure Time is better).

It's actually kind of hard to think of themes that AREN'T old rock bands or movies that would still be popular internationally. Huge license video games like WoW and Elder Scrolls are sort of the other logical genre to tap.

#77 10 years ago

Harry Potter or James Bond....speaking of which I have the 1980 Gottlied bond, and now just need Goldeneye for my James Bond room in my house, a new Bond would make the room perfect.

#79 10 years ago

Silence of the Lambs. Just think of the modes.....

#80 10 years ago

- World-wide product recognition
    - Over 100 years of artwork, slogans, jingles to draw from
    - Highly collectable
    - Good game room décor
    - Family friendly
    - Easy licensing
    - Pinballs popping out the top of an old green bottle for multiball (like Congo's volcano)

CocaCola.jpgCocaCola.jpg

#81 10 years ago

Netrunner, Bladerunner, something Cyberpunk.

Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead for a Zombie theme. Comedic Value is required.

Some sort of Steampunk theme would be awesome with the mechanical nature of pinball. You could pick up the Bioshock license.

In 80s/90s Retro, Goonies is my dream theme. But I wouldn't say no to a Battle of the Hair Bands themed pin either. Whitesnake Vs. Poison! Bon Jovi vs. Scorpions! It could be an MTV theme!

Nightmare Before Christmas, Futurama, and The Muppet Show would be great themes as well.

Monty Python The Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, Flying Circus, and/or Holy Grail.

-Wes

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Silence of the Lambs. Just think of the modes.....

Can;t stand that movie. Make it Manhunter and I'm in!

#83 10 years ago

This is a killer movie that could adapt nicley into a pin. Event Horizon, horrior and sci-fi.

event-horizon-50742db90735f.jpgevent-horizon-50742db90735f.jpg

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from Floyd:

This is a killer movie that could adapt nicley into a pin. Event Horizon, horrior and sci-fi.

Dude, did you ever slow-forward through the imagery flashes? Messed up. Awesome film, mind you. Sam Neil is at his best when he is flipped out insane. Do YOU read Sutter Cane?????

#85 10 years ago

Majestic Loincloth.

End of thread.

#86 10 years ago

WOW... Someone has way to much time on their hands.

Quoted from Rarehero:Majestic Loincloth.
    » YouTube video
    End of thread.

#87 10 years ago

Serial Killers would be a good one. A little dicey for sure though.
    Escape from Ng & Lake's compound!

#88 10 years ago

Now I won't be able to eat my mashed potatoes tonight.

#89 10 years ago

Escape from Alcatraz could be cool!

stainboyalcatraz_10.jpgstainboyalcatraz_10.jpg

#90 10 years ago

Todd Schorr or Mark Ryden/Long Gone John either would have to involve JPOP

L_tschorr_vernetovander.jpgL_tschorr_vernetovander.jpg msp_cover23_mr.jpgmsp_cover23_mr.jpg

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Or Reynold Brown who painted most of the best sci-fi movie posters of the 50's...

Love-Slaves of the Amazons is a classic!

#92 10 years ago

I heard mythology and I like it.

Not the God of war type but Zeus, Poseidon ......age of mythology type

The Roman or Greek type

Religion is a touchy subject but not mythology

Think it would be cool

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-like-excluding-marvel-movies-old-white-rock-bands/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.