(Topic ID: 95450)

What theme would you choose for a pinball??

By Mancave

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 367 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 96 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1457350668431_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    2303519-darksiders_by_shalizeh_d3llwsl_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2013-05-04-at-11.17.04-AM_(resized).jpg
    doom_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster.jpg
    boomstick.jpg
    HM40th.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    untitled.png
    MI0002465825.jpg
    strange-brew-original.jpg
    images4QMIFGHS.jpg
    Mindcrime.jpg

There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #252 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

You just fallen

Life alert!

#253 4 years ago

I'm not even a fan of this game but I can see the huge potential of this license. Endless game possibilities with popularity that keeps on growing/ breaking sales records in its 18th year. I think a GTA themed machine parked in the lobby of theaters would see a ton of action. More so then just another stale Fast and Furious theme or some specific/ quirky 70's or early 80's theme that would only appeal to a very very small percentage of the public.

actual_1421419184.jpg

#254 4 years ago

A Clockwork Orange. Think of the call outs.

"I was cured, all right!"

"This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

"Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well."

"No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter."

"Missus! It's a matter of life and death!"

For the really big payout (multiball, big points): "Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

Malcolm McDowell could add any extras if needed.

Think of the music: the glorious Ninth in all of its wonder. Not AC-DC but the incomparable Ludwig van. Beethoven, that is.

#255 4 years ago

Said it before, now that the slot machines are out and licensing is finally cleared.

slot.jpg
    #256 4 years ago

Agents of Shield

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I would love to see the orginal Die Hard made into a pin

#258 4 years ago

Led Zeppelin would be a great pin

-Led-Zeppelin-music-27158505-454-700.jpg

#259 4 years ago

GOT or Muppets maybe spaceballs

#260 4 years ago

If Stern wants to get the younger generation into pinball, why do they keep making pinballs geared at the older age audience? AC/DC, Metallica, Walking Dead and rumors of KISS & Game of Thrones? My kids (11 & 12) couldn't give a ratt's butt about any of those titles.

What was the best earning pin last year? Star Trek. Why? Because it appeals to all ages.

Some new ideas that would appeal to all ages have already been mentioned here:

Nightmare Before Christmas
    Harry Potter
    Star Wars (because eventually someone has to get it right!)

If my kids could choose a theme it would be Adventure Time (which actually might not make a bad game if done well).

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

What was the best earning pin last year? Star Trek. Why? Because it appeals to all ages

Best earning pinball of 2013? Metallica, and kids have no idea who they are.
    Stern builds pins for the people buying them. Last time I checked, kids weren't getting $5k in their allowance, and the 50% that do go on route don't earn as it is. When I was 12, the hot games of that year were pinbot and high speed (nothing to do with kid shows). I didn't play pinball for the theme, I played them because they were fun.

#262 4 years ago

Night of the Living Dead. I will trade my TWD for it.

#263 4 years ago

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Anthrax

All the top 4 metal bands of all time!

#264 4 years ago

I think an NHL game would be fun, although I can see a center-shot-dominated game with a goalie that moves back and forth like Mick on TRS. It could still be fun though.

#265 4 years ago

TV Theme - Game of Thrones (first choice).
    Music Pin - Muse (personal favorite band; but probably doesn't have a large enough North American following).
    Movie Theme - Harry Potter
    Animation/Cartoon Theme - Scooby Doo
    Perhaps some of these are a bit dated now (ie - Harry Potter / Scooby Doo); but they would likely attract a larger family audience.

#266 4 years ago

Highlander or Mad Max would be rad.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

If my kids could choose a theme it would be Adventure Time (which actually might not make a bad game if done well).

Unlikely to ever be made sadly, but yes, it would be an awesome pin theme.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

I think an NHL game would be fun, although I can see a center-shot-dominated game with a goalie that moves back and forth like Mick on TRS. It could still be fun though.

I so want one done the right way but don't see it happening.

#269 4 years ago

1. Three Stooges- should have been done already. Would be hilarious
    2. Munsters- another one that should have been done. So much from the show to incorporate.
    3. Looney Tunes- one that doesn't suck like BBBB. So many good call outs.
    4. Super Friends. Could be like a super hero Monster Bash.

#270 4 years ago

I think a rob zombie pin would be neat... With his, or, his style artwork.. And I still would love a wu-tang clan pin, complete with upper level chess board, & 36 chambers. So many ideas for that one...

#271 4 years ago

A real pinball of the movie 'Heavy Metal'. There are so many things could be done with this.

2 weeks later
    #272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

If Stern wants to get the younger generation into pinball, why do they keep making pinballs geared at the older age audience? AC/DC, Metallica, Walking Dead and rumors of KISS & Game of Thrones? My kids (11 & 12) couldn't give a ratt's butt about any of those titles.
    What was the best earning pin last year? Star Trek. Why? Because it appeals to all ages.
    Some new ideas that would appeal to all ages have already been mentioned here:
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Harry Potter
    Star Wars (because eventually someone has to get it right!)

Unfortunately the best time period for Harry Potter to have been released has come and gone. My teen kids also don't care for any of the themes that have been released since Star Trek and when TH is released.
    I hope the movie version of Star Wars 7 is very good and that someone makes an incredible SW pin.

#273 4 years ago

Monty python has my vote, bring out the dead, killer bunny rabbit flying across the playfield to maul the ball, its only a flesh wound with the one legged Knight with no arms and one leg with red LED's flashing like blood squirting, Brian nailed to a cross singing always look on the bright side of life, and now for something completely different as it changes modes in game play, and yes, with the giant foot to squash things. "AWSOME"

#274 4 years ago

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned- Blues Brothers!
    The music
    The characters
    The call outs
    Perfect!
    image.jpg

#275 4 years ago

Id like to see another animated show make it to a pin. How about futurama or Bobs Burgers. I also think a new nintendo themed pin would be awesome: Mario Kart or Zelda

#276 4 years ago

Mindcrime.jpgQueensryche - Operation: Mindcrime, the cover of the album would be a fantastic back glass!

2 weeks later
    #277 4 years ago

I reckon a Salvador Dali themed pin could be really interesting. Lots of great artwork and toys. The Venus de Milo With Drawers could be the ball lock; get a ball into each drawer to start 6-ball multiball.

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I reckon a Salvador Dali themed pin could be really interesting. Lots of great artwork and toys. The Venus de Milo With Drawers could be the ball lock; get a ball into each drawer to start 6-ball multiball.

That would be SO up Jpop's alley, if he wasn't so entangled with the MG deal. I'd also love him to do one based on the Dan Brown/Tom Hanks films DaVinci Code/Angels & Demons/Lost Symbol/Inferno. Either pin could take place in Vatican City, centering around the puzzle devices from the film and the earth/air/fire/water ambigrams. There could a supercharger-esque Hadron Collider toy underneath the playfield. JPop would also make great use of magnets in other ways. Next year there will be a film version of Inferno, the latest DB novel. Interest will still be high, so it could work! I'd love JJP do a pin based in this.

I'd like a center playfield light insert arrangement like this, along with the same design fonts for other areas of the game:

image.jpg

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Big Trouble Little China!

This movie is the total package for a pinball theme. One of my all time favorite movies. I'd also love to see the original tv version of the Addams family and the Munsters. And of course Army of Darkness is top of the list too.

#280 4 years ago

Snoop Dogg would work, family mode included.

#281 4 years ago

An original horror themed pin or an Evil Dead, night of the living dead, resident evil (game universe), walking dead (comic universe). Or just an elvira sequel, maybe use current Elvira and have it set in a nursing home with old monsters.....

Also tony hawks skateboarding based on the psone games would be a blast.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Snoop Dogg would work, family mode included.

Would that be a bad cats follow on?

#283 4 years ago

Considering the recurring themes of the likes of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit by Jersey Jack Pinball, would really love to see a Game of Thrones one! The show has been a very great trend and it'd be very interesting how one would play it out in terms of design and gameplay.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

An original horror themed pin or an Evil Dead, night of the living dead, resident evil (game universe), walking dead (comic universe). Or just an elvira sequel, maybe use current Elvira and have it set in a nursing home with old monsters.....
    Also tony hawks skateboarding based on the psone games would be a blast.

Like Castlevania which I have suggested.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Like Castlevania which I have suggested.

That's a good one, castlevania would be awesome.

#286 4 years ago

Temples of Syrinx, The Discovery in the cave. 2112 is the geazer's dream pin. Sign me up!
    image.jpg

#287 4 years ago

Operation: Starring Bruce Jenner

operation.jpg
    #288 4 years ago
    Quoted from guarda:

The 80's! Sony Music could pull it off.

I second this, as well as 80's movies

Ron Howard Movies (a movie collection pin)

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I second this, as well as 80's movies
    Ron Howard Movies (a movie collection pin)

Ron Jeremy Movies (a movie collection pin)

#290 4 years ago

I'm still down for a real tempexx pin

image.jpg
    #291 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Ron Jeremy Movies (a movie collection pin)

Ron Swanson - the carnivore collection pin

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

image.jpg

Is that a Tempest board in the middle ?

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Is that a Tempest board in the middle ?

in a sorts, it transforms to a minigame where you use the pinball to hit digital targets coming toward the bottom of the pf

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dam! I'm downloading that sucka right now. I hate when tables are posted in forums but doesn't make the main page on gopinall

3 months later
    #295 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

I'm not even a fan of this game but I can see the huge potential of this license. Endless game possibilities with popularity that keeps on growing/ breaking sales records in its 18th year. I think a GTA themed machine parked in the lobby of theaters would see a ton of action. More so then just another stale Fast and Furious theme or some specific/ quirky 70's or early 80's theme that would only appeal to a very very small percentage of the public.

I gotta say that i had completely forgotten about this little ol' thread i'd started way back then and really surprised at just how many posts i had missed. The GTA suggestion is (love it or hate it) probably one of the best to be honest. Put it this way, to have a pinball manufacturing industry survive well into the future it will need to tap into the youth of today, all the old pinnie heads will eventually shuffle off this mortal coil and we aren't getting any bloody younger. It may be that incorporating themes from the most popular home entertainment games will be the way to ensure that pinball machines survive.

#296 3 years ago

strange-brew-original.jpg

#297 3 years ago

I'm not really into humour based pinball but this would be great. Narfle the Garthok multiball.

MI0002465825.jpg
    untitled.png

#298 3 years ago

Iron Maiden
    Star Wars
    Grand Theft Auto
    Lego
    Breaking Bad

#299 3 years ago

ANIMAL HOUSE!

#300 3 years ago

Trump lets make pinball great again

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 219.99
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 367 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside