(Topic ID: 95450)

What theme would you choose for a pinball??

By Mancave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SuperHomer
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1457350668431_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    2303519-darksiders_by_shalizeh_d3llwsl_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2013-05-04-at-11.17.04-AM_(resized).jpg
    doom_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster.jpg
    boomstick.jpg
    HM40th.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    untitled.png
    MI0002465825.jpg
    strange-brew-original.jpg
    images4QMIFGHS.jpg
    Mindcrime.jpg
    There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 9 years ago

off the wall I guess but maybe crazy fun, "Cheech-n-Chong's Up In Smoke".
    pick up Tommy with his balloon boobies, get deported for a free bus ride to a wedding, steal a T-Bird, escape Sergeant Stadenko (orbit loops hurry?), battle of the bands Alice Bowie "Earache My Eye" multiball or wizard mode, turn the Ajax Lady blue drop target bonuses etc. so many things happen in the movie very quickly, like mini chapters to inspire targets, modes, artwork.. then theres all the potential for hysterical callouts (byebye lardazz). hit targets to make "the love machine" (impala) bounce, curse that damn finklestein s#it kid.. none of it anything "politically correct" at all, but it sure could be an entertaining game.

a "retro" that might be really cool, old EpicPinball's (PC game) "CyberGirl" table turned real.
    it isnt really complicated, was just fun to play and get her hair/eyes all lit up etc. a machine like that could probably be created to be very good and reasonably priced. someone else thought it worthwhile and converted it to virtual pinball, kinda says something in its favor.

#152 9 years ago

The Munsters

#153 9 years ago

100 percent new - South Park, referencing 15+ years of material, color dmd and no real game objectives. Well other than don't Kill Kenny.

#154 9 years ago

Original Theme always first and foremost is what I want...

... buuuuttttttt ...

If I had to go licensed nothing better than Donkey Kong Country... and Jersey Jack would have to do it...

donkey-kong-country-box-artwork-snes-16-bit-high-res.jpgdonkey-kong-country-box-artwork-snes-16-bit-high-res.jpg
    jjpinlogo.pngjjpinlogo.png

#155 9 years ago

I would gladly pay for an NHL pin.

#156 9 years ago

Forbidden Planet

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

My dream would be to see a Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Pinball. Not that new garbage but the Gene Wilder movie. So many good ideas for that one.

This. Jersey Jack needs to give Wonka the WOZ treatment, IMO.

#158 9 years ago

To make money, it would have to be Harry Potter. Lego could do really well too. Classic Star Wars lego would be pretty bad ass, but they could also do Lord of the Rings or Castle themes ones.

If it was just me I'd like to see Twin Peaks or Beastie Boys pins.

#159 9 years ago

Can I say TBL? Eek.

#160 9 years ago

Xmas pin...everybody loves Xmas

#161 9 years ago

Nintendo or and 80's arcade theme

I would sell my car for the money and take the bus if it looked promising enough

#164 9 years ago

Metroid!

It's a classic, popular Nintendo title that is more mature and not so kiddy like SMB. The lead character has the ability to morph into a ball and roll around narrow passageways. Very pinball-esque. Also has dream-like, ethereal worlds, badass weapons, crazy enemies and ingenious level design. Look for yourself (from Metroid Prime 3) and tell me this wouldn't be a popular, fun pinball.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#165 9 years ago

Hot Wheels !

#166 9 years ago

They could make the ramps the same color as that classic Hot Wheels orange!

#167 9 years ago

Street Outlaws
    Moonshiners
    Just a couple of fun shows that should have their own pin.

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Catch-22. Ideally it should have a Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade mode where you have to hit the loyalty oath target before you can make each shot.

I love it!

"I see everything twice!" double scoring mode.

An ever-increasing number of missions (loops?) to start multiball.

An around-the-world hit all ramps game to increase the value of the Syndicate bonus. Score the Syndicate bonus by dropping all the targets in your base.

Orr's raft for a second chance ball.

Catch 22 kickback (you can only leave if you're crazy, and if you want to leave then you can't be crazy, so get back in there).

Kinda surprised you didn't suggest Red Dwarf, given your avatar.

#169 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

To make money, it would have to be Harry Potter. Lego could do really well too. Classic Star Wars lego would be pretty bad ass, but they could also do Lord of the Rings or Castle themes ones.
    If it was just me I'd like to see Twin Peaks or Beastie Boys pins.

A Lego-themed pinball machine would be great. You could have all sorts of structures built out of Lego as targets with the objective being to destroy everything on the playfield. Then after each game is complete you take off the glass and build a whole new playfield with different targets you create in different spots. I can't see how they could go wrong with that. Not happy with the layout of your current games? Well just design a whole new game every time you play it!

#170 9 years ago

A-Team

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Kinda surprised you didn't suggest Red Dwarf, given your Avatar.

That would actually be a good use of an LCD screen, have Holly looking down at the game commenting on (bagging out?) your performance. And if you don't score enough points on your first two balls Holly gets replaced by Queeg.

#173 9 years ago

Just thought of another one... March Madness!
    Choose your team whether favorite or underdog and try to capture the championship
    bracket by bracket. All the greats would of course be included like Duke, NC, Mich St, Ucla, Kentucky, Syracuse and Kansas. However with well over 300 schools from 32 conferences participating EVERY game could be different because no two brackets would be the same!

#174 9 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Choose your team whether favorite or underdog and try to capture the championship
    bracket by bracket. All the greats would of course be included like Duke, NC, Mich St, Ucla, Kentucky, Syracuse and Kansas. However with well over 300 schools from 32 conferences participating EVERY game could be different because no two brackets would be the same!

This might be the only game I would ever prepay for haha. Great idea. Somehow incorporating it with the real brackets that come out each year would be awesome too. This would need internet connectivity of course, or an update that runs shortly before the tournament.

#175 9 years ago

Sponge Bob. Would do well on route to attract new players. Anyone who collects pins and has a wife and kids, like myself, would give this pin a serious look for purchase. Great family pin.

#176 9 years ago

I can't afford a NIB pin... But if they made Either Metroid pinball (as stated above) or a new Doctor Who with the latest 4 doctors I'd have to own them somehow.

#177 9 years ago

Experts of Dangerous would make for an exciting / must buy theme ...or NOT!

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Rather a NHL pin for the real and only trophy in sports, the Stanely Cup!

#179 9 years ago

neverending2.jpgneverending2.jpg
    #180 9 years ago

imgres-2.jpgimgres-2.jpg images-3.jpgimages-3.jpg images-1.jpgimages-1.jpg
    #181 9 years ago

The Crow.

#182 9 years ago

A machine base on the Cartoon Network show Rick and Morty.

#183 9 years ago

I would love a pin that revisits Cyclone, Hurricane and Comet all combined into one pin.
    I real tribute to these titles all done in a modern way. Backboard spinner and Ferris wheel are a must!

#184 9 years ago

If I could have anything I want, whether or not it's possible...

#1 - Futurama! (Would buy LE NIB)
    #2 - NASCAR (but wait until after Sprint leaves as title sponsor)
    #3 - The Venture Bros.
    #4 - Weird Al Yankovic (based on UHF or music)

Would be interesting to see:
    - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    - The Princess Bride
    - The Big Bang Theory

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

A machine base on the Cartoon Network show Rick and Morty.

This 100times dot com. Even though the show is really new, if the creator of the show got in involved and did voice work it would be amazing. So many balls jokes.

#186 9 years ago

definitely agree about Futurama, that'd be a fun theme. as for the others I'd rather see Dethklok, Cheech-n-Chong's "Up in Smoke", and just maybe Frank Herbert's DUNE could be interesting.
    Alice in Wonderland might be a forever away, I like the American McGee style Alice artwork and game.
    other old PC game themes maybe fun, "Unreal", "DooM", "Carmageddon" (Death Race 2000-ish).

#187 9 years ago

Would love a Great Escape machine. Some type of tunnel with a jump shot over barbed wire. Steve McQueen died way too young.

#188 9 years ago

Police Academy!

Police-Academy-80s-films-328195_1024_768.jpgPolice-Academy-80s-films-328195_1024_768.jpg

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This 100times dot com. Even though the show is really new, if the creator of the show got in involved and did voice work it would be amazing. So many balls jokes.

...like "Ball Folders"?

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from SuperHomer:

Would be interesting to see:
    - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    - The Princess Bride
    - The Big Bang Theory

Yes if you want to put them into bankruptcy. These would make for horrible themes.

#191 9 years ago

I think Minecraft pinball would get a lot of kids playing pinball that might not normally consider it. For music theme, I'd love to see a Pink Floyd pinball with "welcome to the machine" as the attract music or Tool pinball machine.

#192 9 years ago

clash of clans

#193 9 years ago

Been saying it for years: ESPN Sportcenter.

Too bad Stuart Scott is dead now...

#194 9 years ago

the-three-stooges-three-stooges-32136897-928-1600.jpegthe-three-stooges-three-stooges-32136897-928-1600.jpeg
    #195 9 years ago

Been saying it for years: ESPN Sportcenter.

Too bad Stuart Scott is dead now his voice would have made the game.

#196 9 years ago

DIE ANTWOORD for the win.

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

DIE ANTWOORD for the win.
    » YouTube video

Dear lord.

#199 9 years ago

-

Die Antwoord is as scary to you, as KISS was to your parents.

That's what the kids are into. Well, that, and bath salts......

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

-

Die Antwoord is as scary to you, as KISS was to your parents.
    That's what the kids are into. Well, that, and bath salts......

Haha. I'm hip to the funky shit, but that was crazy.

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-choose-for-a-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.