(Topic ID: 95450)

What theme would you choose for a pinball??

By Mancave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SuperHomer
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1457350668431_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    2303519-darksiders_by_shalizeh_d3llwsl_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2013-05-04-at-11.17.04-AM_(resized).jpg
    doom_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster.jpg
    boomstick.jpg
    HM40th.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    untitled.png
    MI0002465825.jpg
    strange-brew-original.jpg
    images4QMIFGHS.jpg
    Mindcrime.jpg
    There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 9 years ago

A Christmas Story. Skill shot to turn on the Leg Lamp. Drop target are the Bumpis' dogs. On the ball drain you hear "you shot your eye out" or "Soap poisonin!". Black Bart target. Bonus round for the "Major Award". Escape from Scott Farkus mode. So much potential.

#102 9 years ago

Creepshow.

#103 9 years ago

Has anyone said. . .Lego? Imagine how cool it would be to be able to build little things around the playfield. That Lego movie was pretty good, but a general Lego theme would be amazing and look pretty cool!

You could even have translucent Legos on the backglass.

#104 9 years ago

Based off the book not the video game.

di.pngdi.png

#105 9 years ago

1. Futurama with a ship (that rotates ala AF vault, that also has a gateway ramp for the loading/locking, and the rear of the ship's jet has blue leds that have to be lit by a spinner) and bender toy with a mouth that bashes like Elvira SS (dear God I could make this game with rules and flow that would take on MM).
    2. Animaniacs with a water tower for a lock (it tips over for the multiball)
    3. Monty Python's Holy Grail (huge rabbit lock, armless and footless knight AND a Knights of the round table multiball need i say more!)
    4. Three stooges. The pop caps have to be teal.
    5 Journey to Imagination the original Epcot ride with figment, Dreamfinder and his machine for locks. Limitless ideas for modes its all your imagination!

1 week later
    #106 9 years ago

Gameroom junkies asked people what would be in a christmas themed pinball machine and half the ideas weren't bad (42 minutes in):
    http://www.gameroomjunkies.com/podcasts/Gameroom_Junkies_Episode_47.mp3

#107 9 years ago

1. Lego - I agree ability to easily mod your own playfield no two games would ever be the same.
    2. Toy Story - AWESOME theme. Pizza Planet, The Claw, Sid's Room, The Toy Box, Al's Toy Barn etc.
    3. NHL Stanly Cup - Penalty Box, Play-offs MB, Slapshots, Shutouts, Hatricks, etc
    4. World of Warcraft
    5. Peanuts
    6. Call of Duty

#108 9 years ago

I was thinking this would be excellent especially with JJP full LCD treatment

image.jpgimage.jpg

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

3. NHL Stanly Cup - Penalty Box, Play-offs MB, Slapshots, Shutouts, Hatricks, etc

A modern NHL pinball machine would be great! Play-offs and winning the Stanley Cup would be so cool. Wizard mode: Achieving Gretzky Status?

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

A modern NHL pinball machine would be great! Play-offs and winning the Stanley Cup would be so cool. Wizard mode: Achieving Gretzky Status?

I forgot why I liked Minnesota so much. Americans who like hockey!

#111 9 years ago

MEGADETH
    IRON MAIDEN
    TOY STORY
    STAR WARS(new trilogy)
    NHL

#112 9 years ago

Police Academy

This was going to be my next project but decided to do something else.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Super Troopers!

super_trooper_car_ramrod.jpg 21 KB

Oh yes! A Super Troopers pin could be great fun! Well... Once the boys get all that maple syrup in them, and they get all antsy-in-the-pantsy!

Hell, Farva could probably support his own pin! "DO YOU NEED MY ASSISTANCE?"

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The movie or the cartoon?

Ha! I would incorporate all 10 of the movies or how ever many there were. Haha!

#116 9 years ago

Everything I thought about was picked already ... so taking a new direction.

61XX0ZRQTXL.jpg61XX0ZRQTXL.jpg

-Motorboat Multiball
    -Money Shot Jack Pot
    -Something with Isla Fisher and Midnight Multiball ...

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

I would incorporate all 10 of the movies or how ever many there were

They made 7 but it felt like 10. If you DID do it, it would have to have a bunch of sounds by michael winslow

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

They made 7 but it felt like 10. If you DID do it, it would have to have a bunch of sounds by michael winslow
    » YouTube video

Funny story, I believe he lives in the area here. A friend of mine knows him and we could totally get him on board.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was thinking this would be excellent especially with JJP full LCD treatment

image.jpg 31 KB

Dragon's Lair is an awesome idea. I'd love to see the Bluth animations used to make a great JJP game... old and yet new at the same time.

#120 9 years ago

DOOM
    QUAKE

TEKKEN
    MORTAL KOMBAT

IRON MAIDEN
    MEGADETH

#121 9 years ago

Harry Potter
    Legos
    Warcraft
    Halloween theme.

#122 9 years ago

There is a Data East version of Tommy which is the WHO's rock ballad! FYI

#123 9 years ago

the band TOOL!!! With Alex Grey art all over it! It would be the best looking machine ever!!!
    Tool
    Tool
    Tool
    Tool

#124 9 years ago

1. Ghostbusters
    2. Beavis and Butt-head
    3. Battlestar Galactica
    4. Knight Rider
    5. Beetlejuice

#125 9 years ago

I'd like to see Spawn and/or Deadpool get a pin.

#126 9 years ago

Dune.

pic279251.jpgpic279251.jpg
    #127 9 years ago

Mortal Kombat X Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 11.16.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-23 at 11.16.51 PM.png

#128 9 years ago

On a serious note: DARKMAN How could this pin not be on fire if it were spookys next project? It fits their theme and I imagine this license would be affordable.

darkman1.jpgdarkman1.jpgdarkman2.jpgdarkman2.jpgdrake1.jpgdrake1.jpgdrake.jpgdrake.jpg

#129 9 years ago

A new version of Guns and roses
    Star wars
    Game of thrones
    Maybe a yngwie malmsteen pinball
    Number one on the wish list is of course
    Stern vault , lord of the rings widebody white badass speakers and body armor in black gold!!!
    Real good quality 4 the first time. Maybe ad some new missions to the game 2!!
    start to cross my fingers now and hoping hehe

#130 9 years ago

BlackSabbath77.jpgBlackSabbath77.jpg square.jpgsquare.jpg
    #131 9 years ago

I know it's not the fanciest but a modern MLB based pinball game would be right up my alley and also feels like a no brainer. Wide appeal, MLB rules would likely lend itself well to pinball.

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from RichmanBri:

I know it's not the fanciest but a modern MLB based pinball game would be right up my alley and also feels like a no brainer.

Maybe 15 years ago, but I remember hearing the other day that baseball viewership continues to decline every year, while football continues to go up.

Bonds.jpgBonds.jpg
    #133 9 years ago

Heavy Metalimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe 15 years ago, but I remember hearing the other day that baseball viewership continues to decline every year, while football continues to go up.

This is true to an extent, NFL is the most popular sport nationally in the USA now and might even be a better choice for a pinball. MLB #s in comparison to NFL nationally have gone down over the past 15 years but the NFL schedule lends itself to national numbers with a weekly guaranteed time slot and only 16 games giving a regular season game a sense of importance, whereas a Saturday afternoon FOX MLB game is just 1 of 162 and it's not "must watch TV". MLB however dominates locally in primetime in the largest markets in the country for 5 nights a week. I also love baseball and want a pinball machine, hahaha

#135 9 years ago

Betty Page , You can have a Betty Bash toy and Pin up shots all over the place. Real eye candy.

Betty Page.jpgBetty Page.jpg

#136 9 years ago

Catch-22. Ideally it should have a Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade mode where you have to hit the loyalty oath target before you can make each shot.

#137 9 years ago

Bettie Page would be a great theme.

Much better than fake-titted Playboy.

Bettie-Page 1.jpgBettie-Page 1.jpg bettie-page-smile-photo.jpgbettie-page-smile-photo.jpg
    #138 9 years ago

Escape From New York !!

#139 9 years ago

Sons of Anarchy (SOA)

1 week later
    #140 9 years ago

Ooh. I just thought of another. Max Headroom! With the grittier look and feel of the UK pilot episode, not so much the cheesier american take on it.

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#141 9 years ago

Phineas and Ferb would make a great theme.

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Phineas and Ferb would make a great theme

I REALLY want to watch that, but I feel weird watching a kids cartoon in my 40's

#143 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Then this guy could be a bash toy that only appears during wizard mode to save Fantasia.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

image.jpg 177 KB

There was a conversion kit long ago for a bally supersonic (needs to be a modern one made)
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3974

image-1[1].jpgimage-1[1].jpg
    image-9[1].jpgimage-9[1].jpg

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

There was a conversion kit long ago for a bally supersonic (needs to be a modern one made)
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3974

» YouTube video

image-1[1].jpg 124 KB

image-9[1].jpg 60 KB

Wow!!

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Sons of Anarchy (SOA)

I'm in !!! SAMCRO

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Or Super Mario 66. go Pens! I hope we get an NHL pin done right one day.

#148 9 years ago

I don't have time to play with myself!
    1397357-jeu_duke_3d_dorol.jpg1397357-jeu_duke_3d_dorol.jpg

#149 9 years ago

Iron Maiden would be the only one that would make me sell TAF & TZ to fund a LE. Although just thinking about that makes my stomach turn,so I kinda hope it never happens.

Screenshot_2015-02-03-22-28-59.pngScreenshot_2015-02-03-22-28-59.png
    #150 9 years ago

gumby_adventures[1].jpggumby_adventures[1].jpg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-choose-for-a-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.