(Topic ID: 95450)

What theme would you choose for a pinball??

By Mancave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SuperHomer
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1457350668431_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    2303519-darksiders_by_shalizeh_d3llwsl_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    Screen-Shot-2013-05-04-at-11.17.04-AM_(resized).jpg
    doom_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster.jpg
    boomstick.jpg
    HM40th.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    untitled.png
    MI0002465825.jpg
    strange-brew-original.jpg
    images4QMIFGHS.jpg
    Mindcrime.jpg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 9 years ago

I'm curious as to what kind of pinball machines my fellow pinsiders would design and produce given "Free Reign to do what they like. Some of the more recent Stern titles have been either band (Metallica, Ac/Dc), or film titles ( Star Trek, Iron Man, etc). I'm NOT going to jump on the WOZ bandwagon here either, cause going off the response it's garnered in the forum, well, it would be like , BUT if you were responsible for a company making machines for the market, that's, let's face it, is not even close to how it was in the glory days, what would you choose to get MAXIMUM interest??

#2 9 years ago

Memento. You have to play the game in reverse.

#3 9 years ago

I was thinking along the lines of maybe a Monty Python based pinball machine. I can imagine some classic lines from the TV series or the films would fit quite nicely, BUT, i'm of that generation that grew up with that sort of thing. If someone produced a Justin Bieber or a One Direction pinnie i'd be tempted to go on a "Mission" to burn the lot

#4 9 years ago

Personally I think the band Anamanguchi would fit great with a pinball machine, and I've kind of just been drawing one out and writing up some rules occasionally in my free time. Not like I'm ever going to be able to do anything with it but I've just enjoyed doing it to pass the time.

But something I think Stern should seriously be producing right now? Ghostbusters. There's so much oppritunity to fill up the playfield with awesome things. Like not only could they find a way to use ghost catching as a play mechanic, but there are so many unique little items that would look great on a Ghostbusters pinball machine, like the Ecto-1, Slimer, the Stay-Puft man, and of course, the Ghostbusters themselves.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Memento. You have to play the game in reverse.

One of my top ten favorite movies! This would be awesome!

5 months later
    #6 9 years ago

1) Iron Maiden
    2) The Mummy (first 2 movies in Egypt)
    3) Van Helsing (to bring back the Monsters)
    4) Futurama
    5) Star Wars based on the new Trilogy
    6) Scarface

And....funny...Dog the bounty hunter with Beth (dog's wife) super huge oversized pop bumping action LE

#7 9 years ago

If Stern ever let Trudeau do his Beatles pinball, I think I'd be all over it....

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

If Stern ever let Trudeau do his Beatles pinball

I don't think Stern is the limiting factor, it's the license holders.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141092/How-Mad-Men-paid-250-000-license-The-Beatles--FIVE-times-song.html

I really don't think there's any theme that would hit every single audience market. Every licensed theme has it's fans and haters, and Stern has done pretty well to balance it out to get most bang for their buck with buyers (band theme, comic theme, movie/tv theme, car license).

#9 9 years ago

Tron Prequel pin (based on the original movie).

--vv-- Vote here, if you agree (fight for the users) or disagree (long live the MCP)
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball
    --^^--

tron-1.JPGtron-1.JPG

#10 9 years ago

National lampoons vacation movies would make a great pin

#11 9 years ago

With TBL done,just need a Pulp Fiction.I want to see more ''novelty'' style pins and scifi/aliens/monster 50-60's theme

#12 9 years ago

Minecraft. Geez I don't know a single kid alive who isn't addicted to it. Hell, my kids make me play it sometimes (ages 7-28) and I kinda like the creativity. But I would say you make one based on that game and you will instantly have every kid on the planet asking dad for one.

Yea, Minecraft

#13 9 years ago

Krull

#14 9 years ago

Wouldn't be viable today, but I was always surprised that they never made a pin based on Mortal Kombat, seemed like a natural.

#15 9 years ago

BeavisButthead3.jpgBeavisButthead3.jpg

#16 9 years ago

Oingo Boingo

#18 9 years ago

Three Stooges!!!!

#19 9 years ago

Three Stooges

The Who

#20 9 years ago

The Matrix
    Game of Thrones
    Blade Runner
    Monty Python
    2001: A Space Odyssey (Although it might be difficult to figure out what the hell is happening).

#21 9 years ago

Big Trouble Little China!

#22 9 years ago

a pin based on this !

midget-toss.pngmidget-toss.png

#23 9 years ago

Or.... The Lost Boys!

#24 9 years ago

Escape from LA/NY
    or
    Tremors

tumblr_inline_mohjs5luPu1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mohjs5luPu1qz4rgp.jpg

#25 9 years ago

For licensed themes I really like where Dutch Pinball is going with more adult cult films. It's a breath of fresh air. A continuation of that definitely of licensed properties are a must~

Overall I'm a huge fan of original themes. Something dark and surreal I would love along with a mature sound package along the lines of TOTAN~

#26 9 years ago

WWIII

#27 9 years ago

Only if you get to blow shit up!

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Only if you get to blow shit up!

You get to destroy everything!

#29 9 years ago

the freak bros, those mags were funny!! and Cartoons cause those were so cool when i was a teen
    freak bros.jpgfreak bros.jpgcartoons.jpgcartoons.jpg

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

Cartoons cause those were so cool when i was a teen

not thumbing up because I think it would make a good theme, but I loved this comic growing up as well (mid 80's - early 90's)

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

BeavisButthead3.jpg 30 KB

patience...

if you have ideas for modes and stuff let me know. i've got a lot of audio and video clips from episodes, but there's not many pinball-related callouts.

best i've found so far are "your balls are filthy. go to the ball washer, now!" and "i'm just a pleasure machine"

it's tough because over half the content in each episode is the music videos, so the callouts would be mixed with whatever song they're critiquing

#32 9 years ago

hmmm... good point.
    you'd need someone who can mimic them.

huhh huhh

#33 9 years ago

I remember the Freak Brothers too, but it was long before the 80s.
    glenn_2.jpgglenn_2.jpg

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember the Freak Brothers too, but it was long before the 80s.

glenn_2.jpg 94 KB

i think that dude's from austin

#35 9 years ago

some great ideas.. onboard with monty python and beavis / butthead. I've hoping to begin a Fight club pin from the ground up once I finish restoration of my Firepower. I think it has a lot of potential with trying to mayhem missions (roll the ball through the corporate coffee shop), pick a fight, space monkey multiball. Also picturing a couple skyscrapers in the back that sink into the PF after some dramatic lighting/sound effects for the finale/into wizard mode.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

you'd need someone who can mimic them

i asked mike judge about a year ago with no response. i thought for sure he'd be down, given his penchant for crude humor and his physics/programming background

#37 9 years ago

i never tried to confirm it, but for the 1st few years, i think the voice used in recordings at the austin airport were made by him.

if it wasn't him, that'd be the perfect alternate voice-over to find

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i asked mike judge about a year ago with no response. i thought for sure he'd be down, given his penchant for crude humor and his physics/programming background

If he was to do B&B speech, I'd personally love to see this animation with both guys screaming EXTRA BAAAAAALLLL!!! ala frog baseball

image.jpgimage.jpg

#39 9 years ago

i'm working on a beavis and butthead p-roc game. i'm currently debating making it head to head vs. a traditional game.

modes are particularly difficult as there's just not enough substance. they would have to be something more generic like picking up chicks, breaking the law, debating the merits of nachos, how much money rules, etc.

#40 9 years ago

"Beavis, my balls are in your mouth."

B+B pinball, It's already been done. Can't tell you by who or I'd have to lock you in Todd's trunk and send you on a ride....

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

1) Iron Maiden
    2) The Mummy (first 2 movies in Egypt)
    3) Van Helsing (to bring back the Monsters)

Love these, and would add The Office.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

B+B pinball, It's already been done.

i'll believe it when i, uh, believe it or something.

"let 'em go, they're obviously american. mexicans would know the capital of texas. mexicans would care that they're being interrogated by the border patrol"

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i'll believe it when i, uh, believe it or something.

If we let you uh, see it,uh, we'll have to uh, saw off your tweeter!

#44 9 years ago

I would LOVE to see Beavis & Butthead. I would buy a BBHLE so damn fast.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I would buy a BBHLE so damn fast.

buy a p-roc instead!

i think it'd be cool to have mike judge/voice actor re-theme games by treating them like the music videos in the show.

kind of like a mystery science theater 3000 approach for existing games

#46 9 years ago

The beach boys or at least a surfing theme

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Benobutton:

at least a surfing theme

I had a vision of this very thing just last week and I believe the Butthole Surfers deserve a pinball machine. I'm sure Beavis and Butthole would agree.

#49 9 years ago

My grail theme would be the 1990-91 TV series, Twin Peaks. Tons of material that would translate well to pinball. Not to mention, a third season coming to Showtime in 2016!

#50 9 years ago

A lot of real niche things being listed here. To get MAXIMUM interest? You need a big license. I think all of the following would be big and I would love to do any of them, so I guess I would go with whoever was easiest to get/deal with. Leaving out Star Wars and Alice in Wonderland cause they are already happening.

Harry Potter
    Pokemon
    World of Warcraft
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Call of Duty
    King Kong
    Super Smash Bros.
    Mario Kart
    Legend of Zelda
    Psycho
    Silence of the Lambs
    Ghostbusters
    Gizmo and the Gremlins
    Diablo
    Spawn (Todd McFarlane art package...)
    Beetlejuice
    Tomb Raider

Hipster picks for the fun of it:
    Labyrinth (I would love this so much...)
    Fraggle Rock
    Duke Nukem

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-choose-for-a-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.