(Topic ID: 195495)

What theme is left that you would buy an LE sight unseen?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Maiden01 (resized).png
    MXC (resized).jpg
    Scooby.gif
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0E219E5-67DF-4479-8296-6D3AF3757064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1394 (resized).JPG
    Lost Boys.jpg
    5E794A07-A0D9-42FD-83A9-454C22F6F9C3 (resized).jpeg
    Bluesbrotherssoundtrack (resized).jpg
    Scar2 (resized).png
    BSG (resized).png
    ICP (resized).jpg
    pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png
    dredd (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I got to thinking the other day that there are not many themes left that would entice me to pull the trigger on an LE sight unseen. I have been guilty of getting caught up in the hype and jumping on the LE bandwagon. I have purchased X-MEN LE, Star Trek LE, and Ghostbusters LE sight unseen. I did not care what the game was going to play like because of the theme, I had to have them and was willing to go in blind.

What other themes would you consider going in blind on an LE for now? Star Wars has been a dream theme of mine for some time now, and I finally have the discipline to practice patience and wait for the game to be released first. If I am willing to wait for the number one theme of all time, what other themes would I not be able to exercise patience for? Are the days of LE's selling out over? Is there a need to go in blind anymore if they don't sell out? The business model for the LE has changed and I am curious what the future will bring. Is it a limited edition if they make 800 of them or is it limited at 400-500?

I was only able to think of one theme I would possibly pull the trigger sight unseen and that is Back To The Future.

What theme would interest you enough to go in blind and purchase an LE sight unseen?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

All that's left is Beatles

Beatles may be cool, but at what price? If Stern partners with Kapow again, forget about it. I am not paying 10K plus for any LE period.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If I wouldn't even buy SW(top all time theme) sight unseen, then there isn't anything I would buy sight unseen.

^^^This was kind of the point of my thread.

If I passed on SW LE, there is basically no theme that would have me ordering the machine before I had the chance to play it first.

Another point I was trying to convey is there really is no reason to have to go in blind anymore. Why go in blind if they do not sell out right away? It is about supply and demand and there has to be a significant feature difference and truly limited numbers to make it limited. Now with the risk associated with purchasing a NIB, it will lead more people to sit on the side-lines and wait instead of diving in the pool head first.

#91 6 years ago

Karate Kid would be badass, but certainly not LE worthy for me

LE worthy for me- BTTF LE with custom art, Seinfeld LE-Kramer Edition, Grateful Dead LE with custom art, King Pin LE remake, and maybe a Mission Impossible LE to name a few.

I also like Bemmett's idea of a Funhouse 2

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Girls Gone Wild?

Well they do have the new LCD display

#143 6 years ago

Even if BTTF played like a turd, I think I would still have to have one.

If Star Wars LE did not sell out right away from distributors, I can't see any future themes (titles) that would potentially sell out upon announcement. Those days are hopefully over. If owners have a three month period after game release and delivery to make a determination of whether or not a title is worthy to them, wouldn't that be the way it should be. Play it first and if it is fun for you-buy it.

#194 6 years ago

I just thought of another candidate for LE ....

Indiana Jones 5 release date 2019, if it was done right it would be hard for me to pass up.

1 month later
    #204 6 years ago

I find it interesting that after every new game announcement, the number of people who are willing to go in blind and purchase a LE machine without playing it first appears to be going up. When I refer to sight unseen I am referring to buying a machine without playing it first. Pictures and videos are ok, but I think the only way to truly judge a potential purchase is to play it first. I guess there are plenty of themes left where people are willing to go in sight unseen. Seems like a bit of a gamble nowadays.

#208 6 years ago

Forgot about another potential title that would be hard for me to pass up upon release....

Lost Boys.jpgLost Boys.jpg

3 weeks later
    #253 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They made a huge mistake not doing BTTF in 2015

I think Gary is just blowing smoke. Honestly you can't take anything he says seriously. If there is money to be made Stern will do a BTTF. I would not be surprised if Stern already purchased the rights to get ahead of JJP and American. Why would you not lock up one of the best potential pinball themes of all time. Stern if you are reading this and you have not locked in BTTF, better get to work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-is-left-that-you-would-buy-an-le-sight-unseen?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.