(Topic ID: 195495)

What theme is left that you would buy an LE sight unseen?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Maiden01 (resized).png
    MXC (resized).jpg
    Scooby.gif
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0E219E5-67DF-4479-8296-6D3AF3757064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1394 (resized).JPG
    Lost Boys.jpg
    5E794A07-A0D9-42FD-83A9-454C22F6F9C3 (resized).jpeg
    Bluesbrotherssoundtrack (resized).jpg
    Scar2 (resized).png
    BSG (resized).png
    ICP (resized).jpg
    pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png
    dredd (resized).jpg

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Because they want to address 3 markets at once with a title
    - young people, bar visitors, etc...
    - collectors like us
    - the guy that does a single purchase in his life
    I think the first group wasn't addressed with a title like this so that could be a reason why we would never see a bttf from stern in the future. With batman you still have batman as a current thing, back to the future is really an eighties thing.

Ghostbusters is an 80's thing. Just sayin'. More young people know and love BTTF than Mustang, Aerosmith, Walking Dead, etc. My friend makes a living with a Delorean rental business - kids lose their minds when they see a Delorean time machine.

They made a huge mistake not doing BTTF in 2015 (the future from Pt. 2). BTTF hype was insane that year.

#252 6 years ago

As long as it's not Stern

Full Metal Jacket
    Three Stooges
    Bevis & Butthead

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They made a huge mistake not doing BTTF in 2015

I think Gary is just blowing smoke. Honestly you can't take anything he says seriously. If there is money to be made Stern will do a BTTF. I would not be surprised if Stern already purchased the rights to get ahead of JJP and American. Why would you not lock up one of the best potential pinball themes of all time. Stern if you are reading this and you have not locked in BTTF, better get to work.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I think Gary is just blowing smoke. Honestly you can't take anything he says seriously. If there is money to be made Stern will do a BTTF. I would not be surprised if Stern already purchased the rights to get ahead of JJP and American. Why would you not lock up one of the best potential pinball themes of all time. Stern if you are reading this and you have not locked in BTTF, better get to work.

Honestly I would prefer JJP to lock BTTF in, let Stern focus on Avengers Infinity War, they need another crack at Avengers to knock it out of the park this time.

Other themes I’d be tempted by, James Bond, Fast & Furious, Jaws, gritty R rated pins - Saw & Dredd.

#255 6 years ago

Back to the future
    Wargames

The licensing would be a pain, but I’d love a generic 80’s theme. Madonna, MJ, retro compute, fashion, Regan, the wall, etc

#256 6 years ago

V - the mini series

3 months later
    #257 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Great choices.
    PS: Let me know when the pugilist exhibition bout is happening up in the Valley Bruce_pickle.
    I want to make sure I have ringside seats to cheer you on.

Hahaha, I only just read this. Those crazy AA peeps!

Cheers

#258 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Hahaha, I only just read this. Those crazy AA peeps!
    Cheers

It's the online equivalent skinner box of classical conditioning.

Sit UBU sit.

Good dog. Woof.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-is-left-that-you-would-buy-an-le-sight-unseen/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.