(Topic ID: 195495)

What theme is left that you would buy an LE sight unseen?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Maiden01 (resized).png
    MXC (resized).jpg
    Scooby.gif
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0E219E5-67DF-4479-8296-6D3AF3757064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1394 (resized).JPG
    Lost Boys.jpg
    5E794A07-A0D9-42FD-83A9-454C22F6F9C3 (resized).jpeg
    Bluesbrotherssoundtrack (resized).jpg
    Scar2 (resized).png
    BSG (resized).png
    ICP (resized).jpg
    pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png
    dredd (resized).jpg
    There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 6 years ago

Harry Potter for sure by JJP and probably still if made by stern even though I'm sure it would be a bit cheapened. I would not be able to afford SLE level so no there but I'd start selling some of my games immediately if HP was real

#103 6 years ago

The old saying goes. "he who buys pinball based on theme alone, really has a shitty collection."

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

For me it was Game of Thrones and Star Wars. All that's left is Beatles.

Well we have similar tastes Boob. I have GoTLE and recently reaquired STLE. (Sold it big mistake and traded MMRLE to get it back) so the only theme left for me would be Blade Runner. Starts with a B

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The old saying goes. "he who buys pinball based on theme alone, really has a shitty collection."

Yes but don't you have to like the theme to consider it in the first place. There are themes I like but didn't like how it played. Think JJP TH. Then there are games I like to play but hate the theme/music so can't bring myself to have it in the collection. Think Stern Metallica. We are a funny mob us pinball enthusiasts.

#106 6 years ago

movie theme: Back to the Future / Harry Potter
    music theme: Rush
    vault edition: Jurassic Park

#107 6 years ago

For years I've said Iron Maiden is a no-brainer insta-buy for me. Up the Irons, but I'm not buying a Stern site unseen.

#108 6 years ago

I would not buy any game sight unseen . But if Stern does make Slayer I might want one .

#109 6 years ago

Kung Fury

#110 6 years ago

OK,Pinheads,just a heads up!!! At CAX last week,Mr Ritchie discussed that vey theme! It seems Stern has already asked Ms Rawlings about a license for Harry Potter and she said""My heavens,no! Pinball machines belong in dens of iniquity"So,My vote,ladies and gentlemen THE BEATLES Forever!

#111 6 years ago

After seeing Dialed in & Star Wars.... nothing.

There is nothing I would ever buy sight unseen.

Trust no one

Wait, X-Files would be a great LE. I'd buy one sight unseen!

See what I did there?

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I got to thinking the other day that there are not many themes left that would entice me to pull the trigger on an LE sight unseen. I have been guilty of getting caught up in the hype and jumping on the LE bandwagon. I have purchased X-MEN LE, Star Trek LE, and Ghostbusters LE sight unseen. I did not care what the game was going to play like because of the theme, I had to have them and was willing to go in blind.
    What other themes would you consider going in blind on an LE for now? Star Wars has been a dream theme of mine for some time now, and I finally have the discipline to practice patience and wait for the game to be released first. If I am willing to wait for the number one theme of all time, what other themes would I not be able to exercise patience for? Are the days of LE's selling out over? Is there a need to go in blind anymore if they don't sell out? The business model for the LE has changed and I am curious what the future will bring. Is it a limited edition if they make 800 of them or is it limited at 400-500?
    I was only able to think of one theme I would possibly pull the trigger sight unseen and that is Back To The Future.
    What theme would interest you enough to go in blind and purchase an LE sight unseen?

Jaws. That's about it. I am ALL super-heroed out, and the latest movies are good, but not PINBALL good. Maybe BTTF or even the latest planet of the Apes franchise.

#113 6 years ago

SCOOBY DOO or JAWS or VAN HALEN
    but I love original themes so it surprises me when I play it and creates its own identity i.e.. DI, WNBJM, RADICAL

#114 6 years ago

Rosemarys Baby
    Bladerunner
    Beverly Hills Copulator

Sight unseen.

#115 6 years ago

If Heighway survives, and Alien thrives, then a Heighway built PredatorLE would be a buy for me.

#116 6 years ago

Maybe a Hooters pinball.
    I appreciate wings and women. It's only one I'd buy sight unseen.
    Call me whatever you want, but I know I wouldn't ever feel cheated on an LE or if the node board fails.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

If Heighway survives, and Alien thrives, then a Heighway built PredatorLE would be a buy for me.

Dude let's just schedule the intervention now.

#118 6 years ago

No purchase sight unseen.
    But I would love to see

Smokey and the Bandit (yes there is a one off with a few quotes).
    Johnny Quest
    Scooby Doo
    Monty Python.

#119 6 years ago

Nightwish or Sabaton. Lucky for me and my wallet I never see those happening.

#120 6 years ago

I wouldn't buy anything 100% sight unseen - but I'd consider the following based on photos alone:

Harry Potter
    Parks and Recreation (never happening, but I can dream)
    Toy Story
    Jurassic World
    South Park (not a Vault, entire new game)
    Daft Punk (again, never happening)

Can't think of much else at this point. To be honest I'd prefer some more original themes, apart from Harry Potter and Parks and Rec.

Edit: Trailer Park Boys. Can't believe I didn't think of that one.

#121 6 years ago

AC/DC VE was an instant buy as soon as I saw the playfield changes and that it was still going to be SAM. But I already knew it was a great game with great software. I didn't buy it for theme, I bout it for the whole package.

The downside of it was that a game I love had to be taken down. I'd never do that on theme alone. And there are no other games like that. So another Vault wouldn't have the same reaction... except Stargazer... but I doubt they are going to ever release a classic series without ruining it.

#122 6 years ago

Fantastic Four (comic based)
    Avengers (comic based)
    Rush
    Van Halen
    Archer
    Harry Potter
    Monster Bash

ONLY if JJP makes them. Would never buy a NiB Stern again.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude let's just schedule the intervention now.

Ha...completely agree....in truth, to this point, I've only bought 4 NIB games for my lineup (this would include Alien, if I ever get it). All my others were bought second hand.

I truly don't have another theme that I'm excited about enough to contemplate and LE NIB, except that crazy Predator choice, and that would only be if Alien and Heighway live.

There are some older titles that appeal to me more, which would probably feed my addiction at this point......

#124 6 years ago

There is a new KING KONG trilogy coming.....just sayin'.....

#125 6 years ago

Deadpool. Highlander. That's probably about it.

#126 6 years ago

My Little Pony

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Assuming I had the money... a would buy a Homestarrunner.com themed pin in a heartbeat. The callouts would be fantastic, a Strong Bad Pinmation style toy would be a given, and the potential for a deep, creative ruleset would be super high!

You could burninate the whole playfield for a wizard mode

#128 6 years ago

Transformers G1, if Gomez doesn't do it.

#129 6 years ago

Back to the Future. By Stern or Jersey Jack. Only new game I'd buy on theme alone. TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

#130 6 years ago

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. I'd buy that just for the music and the dialogue. Ball drain: "Sorry Shorty."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/quotes

#131 6 years ago

Mine WAS Wrestlemania.

Boy did I dodge a bullet there by not buying sight unseen...

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from bdaley6509:

Transformers G1, if Gomez doesn't do it.

I would love to see a G1 re-theme of TF, although a re-design like BM66 would be even better, get an actual transforming toy in there and I might just bite, but without the silly BM66 pricing.

#133 6 years ago

I can't believe no one has suggested Rocky Horror picture show yet, that would be an awesome theme IMHO and I'd definitely strongly consider buying it (barring crappy implementation)

Some good suggestions by others, e.g Harry Potter. Love pink Floyd too but the mellow music may not be the best match with fast paced pinball

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I can't believe no one has suggested Rocky Horror picture show yet, that would be an awesome theme IMHO and I'd definitely strongly consider buying it (barring crappy implementation)
    Some good suggestions by others, e.g Harry Potter. Love pink Floyd too but the mellow music may not be the best match with fast paced pinball

Whoa....forgot about that one...Id be tempted if it was a JJP release.....

#135 6 years ago

Nintendo
    Mario World
    Mario Kart
    Zelda

#136 6 years ago

A new Judge Dredd based on the 2012 film Dredd, would be hard for me to pass up!

dredd (resized).jpgdredd (resized).jpg

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Voltron (80's cartoon)

If they did a voltron now it'd probably be the current Netflix Voltron reboot. Which I guess would kick the door open on Netflix themes? Stranger Things? Eh? EH?

#138 6 years ago

Toy story done by JJP

#139 6 years ago

the question implies that theme alone is important enough to justify purchasing a pin sight unseen. I haven't really grasped the wish to have an LE pin - although the green accent colors on the GBLE are kind of striking.

The question also implies that we trust the designer to do the theme justice to such an extent that we'd spend significantly more money on it than we've ever spent on cds, dvds, movie tickets, concert tickets or merchandising stuff combined. I do think, however, that a "less interesting" theme forces a pinball designer to make more out of it creating the overall better pin whereas a "more interesting" theme allows the designer to be less innovative and still have a successful theme.

So I'd say the suggestion for a catchup based pin might have some potential.

#141 6 years ago

Black Knight 3000!! Give me your money!

Although not "new" I'd pull the trigger on a TRON VE pretty quickly too.

#142 6 years ago

For those who are familiar with the Pro Pinball computer sims, I would love to have a physical copy of The Web.

pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).pngpc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png

#143 6 years ago

Even if BTTF played like a turd, I think I would still have to have one.

If Star Wars LE did not sell out right away from distributors, I can't see any future themes (titles) that would potentially sell out upon announcement. Those days are hopefully over. If owners have a three month period after game release and delivery to make a determination of whether or not a title is worthy to them, wouldn't that be the way it should be. Play it first and if it is fun for you-buy it.

#144 6 years ago

0, in fact I will never buy another NIB Stern seen.

#145 6 years ago

Thinking about this a little more, a Batman Arkham Asylum pin with original voice work from Conroy and Hamill would be fun.

#146 6 years ago

World of Warcraft, it could work I tell ya'

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Even if BTTF played like a turd, I think I would still have to have one.

There's already a BTTF that plays like a turd. Just get that one.

#148 6 years ago

Elvira 3
    Scooby Doo

#149 6 years ago

Tootsie, Terms of Endearment, On Golden Pond, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Joy Luck Club, Hard Copy, The A- Team.

#150 6 years ago

I'm order of giddiness

1. Legend of Zelda
    2. Star Fox
    3. The Last Starfighter
    4. The 'Burbs

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-is-left-that-you-would-buy-an-le-sight-unseen/page/3?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.