(Topic ID: 195495)

What theme is left that you would buy an LE sight unseen?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Maiden01 (resized).png
    MXC (resized).jpg
    Scooby.gif
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0E219E5-67DF-4479-8296-6D3AF3757064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1394 (resized).JPG
    Lost Boys.jpg
    5E794A07-A0D9-42FD-83A9-454C22F6F9C3 (resized).jpeg
    Bluesbrotherssoundtrack (resized).jpg
    Scar2 (resized).png
    BSG (resized).png
    ICP (resized).jpg
    pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png
    dredd (resized).jpg
    There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 6 years ago

Iron Maiden. Caveat: Only if it's Borg/Lyman, otherwise, I'll need to see it first.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from SaneWilly:

Harry Potter - so much potential for LotR style code!

Star Wars was it for me. But I could get a free pass from the family for Harry Potter.

#53 6 years ago

none
    i have bought two NIB sterns without seeing the playfield ,
    now games are 50% more expensive , and Sterns QC is poor

#54 6 years ago

A Jukebox theme, user music with ease, and open source code with friendly interface to adapt.

#55 6 years ago

Flowers for Algernon

#57 6 years ago

Would you prefer the movie version?

77310-050-4eaa6d00 (resized).jpg77310-050-4eaa6d00 (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago

You started earlier than me...or is it leftover from last night?

Why not Teahouse of the August Moon?

#59 6 years ago

If I wouldn't even buy SW(top all time theme) sight unseen, then there isn't anything I would buy sight unseen.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You started earlier than me...or is it leftover from last night?
    Why not Teahouse of the August Moon?

My second choice.

R-1962440-1255275117.jpeg (resized).jpgR-1962440-1255275117.jpeg (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

Never have
    Never will
    Pinball's recent history would scare anyone away

#63 6 years ago

There is currently only one LE which I feel is worth it over the next lower model, and that is AFMr. I will never even consider an LE if it is only different trim, and other minor cosmetic features. AFMrLE offers an impressive topper (I am not really a topper person, but it looks cool), bi-color LEDs in the mini saucers, green trim, and double the warranty over the special edition (same level as Premium, kinda). For $700 over the SE, I think it is worth it. That is the only reason I would choose the LE over the SE. The LE could potentially be the most produced version as well, so I am not sure I agree with its limited status. I would guess there will end up being a lot of SEs, but I can't imagine there will be many Classic editions made or sold. The added value of the SE features, and LE upgrades make the classic a terrible value.

I guess I am biased since I would never buy an LE unseen anyway. There is some possibility, based on how much I like the AFM, that I would buy a future remake unseen, but that is a bit different since I know what the base gameplay is.

I am not a huge fan of TWD or GoT, and those are the themes that should be favorites of mine. I just can't get into the games. For a them to really sell a game, they need to really use the theme. I think STTNG is the best example of that. That theme is really well integrated into the game.

#64 6 years ago

If JJP did a Pink Floyd pin I think I would send my money sight unseen or Heavy Metal.

#65 6 years ago

Conan the Barbarian

Ultra wide body, JJP style.

Major Features:

Cimmerian Wheel Spinner on right orbital that acts like a mystery shot.

Snake Hole that swallows ball and spits it up somewhere else.

Thalsa Doom: Mega Ball - Black balls and the lights go out - 10x multiplier

Riddle of Steal Multi ball - player board magnets(5) that engage to trap ball, on trap spits out new ball until all balls are trapped. Multiplier increases 2x until all balls are trapper or you loose ball. Once all 5 balls are traps 20x multiplier and it release all the balls at one time.

Suboti Speed Ball: White powerball is released, flipers go to double strength, with no flip lock. Drops target worth 20X.

Trapped Ball kenitic hit to support pillar of orgy scene: keep hitting to you bring it down.

I could keep going honestly.

Bad Modes:

Tree of Woe: Spits out a powerball but engages weak flippers at 1/2 score until you hit both ramps.

Camel Spit: Not sure, figure something out.

Cool stuff:

Right and left orbitals can have a switch that lifts a ramp in the back to launch it into the ramp track on specific combos.

Snake swallow spits balls out at different hole locations. Depends where the ball last was swallowed. Multiple snake locations.

Sling magnets that trap or toss balls.

Cimmerian Wheel charges the bumpers up to make them faster for Suboti speed ball round.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

If JJP did a Pink Floyd pin I think I would send my money sight unseen or Heavy Metal.

+1 on Pink Floyd

#67 6 years ago

Pulp Fiction.

#68 6 years ago

Springsteen (JJP of course)

54ef38035644910c804d1f52fae9256a--photos-n-b-the-boss (resized).jpg54ef38035644910c804d1f52fae9256a--photos-n-b-the-boss (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

i've done it for TRON LE... pure gambling, as the 20 available/ordered by our distro for our country were selling more than quickly...
    lucky on that one, will never do it again, even more nowadays, and no need to say why :/

#70 6 years ago

Forbidden Planet
    Elvira 3

#71 6 years ago

Motley Crue

#72 6 years ago

$1100+ for different cabinet art and a manufactured certificate that says "Your machine is special."

Pfft. No thanks.

Now Star Trek LE, THAT was an LE.....these latest games though, what a joke.

#73 6 years ago

Hudson Hawk
    Nekromantik
    Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    2001:A Space Odyssey
    Slap Happy #1
    Felicity

#74 6 years ago

I was hoping for that "AIDS is real" theme to pop up soon.

aidsisreal (resized).jpgaidsisreal (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Voltron (80's cartoon)
    Back to the future
    He-Man (80's cartoon)
    Knight Rider (80's tv show)
    Superman (christopher reeve version)

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version) done by JJP

I have daydreamed for a while now about this pin being real and what it would include. I can imagine several excellent toys, gimmicks, and video scenes for it.

#77 6 years ago

I don't buy games sight unseen and so far I've never bought an LE (just don't see the value in them).

That being said my top two themes I'd love to see done right:

The Matrix
    Blade Runner

Ghostbusters was probably in my top 10 for a theme...didn't care for it (never bought one). Star Wars is probably in my top 3...no plans to buy one becasue none of them are good/great pins IMHO.

Eagerly awaiting my Alien though (an SE with options)...it probably lands in my top 7 theme wise.

#78 6 years ago

None, sight unseen; but if done well my top would be: Outlaw (Western), King of Tokyo, Harry Potter, Knight of the Round Table, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Matrix, and Scooby Doo. I really want a game like Outlaw (Western) or King of Tokyo where you play as the villain. Ex) Compete to cause the most destruction in Tokyo.

EDIT: I also really liked that homebrew Archer. I'm not a huge Archer fan, but the layout looked great.

#79 6 years ago

A Girls of Vivid pin would have my full attention.

#80 6 years ago

Three Stooges
    Led Zeppelin
    Dio

#81 6 years ago

I'd never buy a pin site unseen but possibly un-played.

Back to the Future Trilogy
    Jaws
    Pulp Fiction
    Animal House
    Blues Brothers
    Willy Wonka
    Three Stooges
    Fight Club
    Tombstone
    Goodfellas

#82 6 years ago

None at the moment due to various circumstances both in and out of my control, but I don't think the OP was after more anti-Stern ranting, etc.

So if I were to:

Rush
    Monty Python's Flying Circus
    Ren & Stimpy
    Beavis & Butthead
    Rick & Morty
    Monty Python's Life of Brian
    Futurama
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Mike Tyson Mysteries

#83 6 years ago

Whatever it is, it would have to be made by JJP. They get theme integration.

Stern hasn't gotten a theme right in years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon...or ever.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Whatever it is, it would have to be made by JJP. They get theme integration.

Dialed In was such the perfect integration of theme, the next one should be-

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago

Sasha Grey theme

#86 6 years ago

Future Spa 2

#88 6 years ago

The "Non-Ghosting Insert * Non-Clearcoat Chipping * Non-Playfield Early Damage * Non-Cabinet Falling Apart" theme.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If I wouldn't even buy SW(top all time theme) sight unseen, then there isn't anything I would buy sight unseen.

^^^This was kind of the point of my thread.

If I passed on SW LE, there is basically no theme that would have me ordering the machine before I had the chance to play it first.

Another point I was trying to convey is there really is no reason to have to go in blind anymore. Why go in blind if they do not sell out right away? It is about supply and demand and there has to be a significant feature difference and truly limited numbers to make it limited. Now with the risk associated with purchasing a NIB, it will lead more people to sit on the side-lines and wait instead of diving in the pool head first.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

there is basically no theme that would have me ordering the machine before I had the chance to play it first.

Really?

the-karate-kid-1984-movie-clip-screenshot-catching-a-fly_large (resized).jpgthe-karate-kid-1984-movie-clip-screenshot-catching-a-fly_large (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago

Karate Kid would be badass, but certainly not LE worthy for me

LE worthy for me- BTTF LE with custom art, Seinfeld LE-Kramer Edition, Grateful Dead LE with custom art, King Pin LE remake, and maybe a Mission Impossible LE to name a few.

I also like Bemmett's idea of a Funhouse 2

#92 6 years ago

Star Trek Borg Ramp could be a translucent green tubes so it would look like trans warp tunnels. It would be so much fun to assimilate the galaxy

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I also like Bemmett's idea of a Funhouse 2

It would actually be Fun House 3

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=967

#94 6 years ago

Girls Gone Wild?

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Girls Gone Wild?

Well they do have the new LCD display

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Girls Gone Wild?

I was hoping for the real "TNA" not the nuclear version.

#97 6 years ago

Nothing unseen, but BTTF by JJP would be as close as it gets.

#98 6 years ago

Assuming I had the money... a would buy a Homestarrunner.com themed pin in a heartbeat. The callouts would be fantastic, a Strong Bad Pinmation style toy would be a given, and the potential for a deep, creative ruleset would be super high!

#99 6 years ago

I'd never buy sight unseen, or game unplayed. I'm not that rich. But......Futurama by JJP would probably be as close as I would get to doing just that.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The "Non-Ghosting Insert * Non-Clearcoat Chipping * Non-Playfield Early Damage * Non-Cabinet Falling Apart" theme.

And if I can get all that slap it on a Golden Girls. Betty White mmmmm

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-is-left-that-you-would-buy-an-le-sight-unseen/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.