(Topic ID: 195495)

What theme is left that you would buy an LE sight unseen?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 188 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3581 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Maiden01 (resized).png
    MXC (resized).jpg
    Scooby.gif
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0E219E5-67DF-4479-8296-6D3AF3757064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1394 (resized).JPG
    Lost Boys.jpg
    5E794A07-A0D9-42FD-83A9-454C22F6F9C3 (resized).jpeg
    Bluesbrotherssoundtrack (resized).jpg
    Scar2 (resized).png
    BSG (resized).png
    ICP (resized).jpg
    pc-63793-21451909706 (resized).png
    dredd (resized).jpg

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 6 years ago

I got to thinking the other day that there are not many themes left that would entice me to pull the trigger on an LE sight unseen. I have been guilty of getting caught up in the hype and jumping on the LE bandwagon. I have purchased X-MEN LE, Star Trek LE, and Ghostbusters LE sight unseen. I did not care what the game was going to play like because of the theme, I had to have them and was willing to go in blind.

What other themes would you consider going in blind on an LE for now? Star Wars has been a dream theme of mine for some time now, and I finally have the discipline to practice patience and wait for the game to be released first. If I am willing to wait for the number one theme of all time, what other themes would I not be able to exercise patience for? Are the days of LE's selling out over? Is there a need to go in blind anymore if they don't sell out? The business model for the LE has changed and I am curious what the future will bring. Is it a limited edition if they make 800 of them or is it limited at 400-500?

I was only able to think of one theme I would possibly pull the trigger sight unseen and that is Back To The Future.

What theme would interest you enough to go in blind and purchase an LE sight unseen?

#2 6 years ago

I would never buy a game sight unseen.

#3 6 years ago

Beatles or Pink Floyd for me.

#4 6 years ago

Pulp fiction

#5 6 years ago

Who the hell would buy anything like that unless you have money to burn?

#6 6 years ago

Guess I will never buy anything unseen, but what I would buy LE if I had the money would be Mass Effect Trilogy or/and Iron Maiden, but depending on the programmer.

#7 6 years ago

I would NEVER buy a game sight unseen regardless of theme. That's just crazy!

#8 6 years ago

Harry Potter would be closest for me, though I wouldn't buy it sight unseen.

#9 6 years ago

I'm not an LE buyer but for G1 Transformers the Movie I would be.

#10 6 years ago

With the current model stern is using I am probably done with le's. Between price and the fact that premiums will be available with the same gameplay I will probably go that route.

#11 6 years ago

For me it was Game of Thrones and Star Wars. All that's left is Beatles.

Quoted from snyper2099:

Who the hell would buy anything like that unless you have money to burn?

Because I never met a pinball game that didn't put a smile on my face. And if it's a dream theme, then you're just combining two of your favorite things in the world. What's the worst case scenario? You play it for a while and if you hate it, you sell it quickly for a minor loss.

#12 6 years ago

Sight unseen...? I would never do it but if I take your meaning, you mean a machine that you have never played or seen in person. I have bought 3 LEs from viewing photos, Avatar, Tron and Star Trek and was quite pleased however, I admit, it is a roll of the dice. Be that as it may, I would say that the themes are limitless, people will always take a chance on a Theme they enjoy...for me, I want to see a Montey Python and the Holy Grail machine.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

All that's left is Beatles

Beatles may be cool, but at what price? If Stern partners with Kapow again, forget about it. I am not paying 10K plus for any LE period.

#14 6 years ago

Evil Dead
    Or
    GI Joe (cartoon)

#15 6 years ago

Hello Kitty and My Little Pony

#16 6 years ago

jaws_pin (resized).pngjaws_pin (resized).png

#17 6 years ago

Harry Potter - so much potential for LotR style code!

#18 6 years ago

Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder version) done by JJP

#19 6 years ago

I would buy a Futurama pin without hesitation.

#20 6 years ago

Bewitched...Brady Bunch...I Dream of Genie..
    But no F-Troop. Hogan's Hero's would be fun with a La Bo tree trunk drop hole!

#21 6 years ago

After the B66 debacle, I would never believe anything Stern says and would never take a risk on NiB. There are plenty of people dumb enough to take that chance so that I don't have to. For those wonderful people I say "thank you" for beta testing my games before I buy them.

#22 6 years ago

I don't look at it so harshly. With theme in mind, there is never a game where a theme would STOP me from buying. Likewise, there is never a game where a theme would ENTICE me to buy either.

#23 6 years ago

Die Hard- based off first couple movies

Yippee ki yay mother f@$#%&s!!!

#24 6 years ago

Possibly Harry Potter if made by JJP.

But, NIB prices have just gone too far for me.

#25 6 years ago

Braveheart
    Funhouse 2 - Rudy's Revenge by Pat Lawlor

#26 6 years ago

Ditto. However, Beavis and Butthead is close.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I would never buy a game sight unseen.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gizmonic:

Ditto. However, Beavis and Butthead is close.

How about a George Takei pin?

#29 6 years ago

Iron maiden or a ghost Rider Pinball.

#30 6 years ago

Not sight unseen, but Beavis and Butthead would be awesome!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Harry Potter would be closest for me, though I wouldn't buy it sight unseen.

I agree, I was thinking there wasn't one, but damn my daughter would kill me if I didn't buy a Harry Potter and that's one I'd consider an LE.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballNut:

I agree, I was thinking there wasn't one, but damn my daughter would kill me if I didn't buy a Harry Potter and that's one I'd consider an LE.

Same here - my um...daughter, er...wife, they really want it. Definitely not me

#33 6 years ago

Planet of apes
    Jurassic world

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Same here - my um...daughter, er...wife, they really want it. Definitely not me

Oh don't get me wrong I would want it, but if the game sucked I'm pretty sure I'll still have to buy it.

#35 6 years ago

Beavis and butthead for a cartoon theme,Slayer for a music theme,Cyclone remake/update for a classic all would have me writing a check!

#36 6 years ago

Howard the Duck.

#38 6 years ago

Maiden exorcist evil dead motley crue

#39 6 years ago

Definitely a Catsup themed pin ....but I don't think I would do it if it was just ketchup...you know, too common.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

Matrix

#41 6 years ago

Voltron

#42 6 years ago

I would buy a Big Trouble In little China unseen

IMG_7944 (resized).JPGIMG_7944 (resized).JPG

#43 6 years ago

For non-Stern manufacturers, the only one that comes to mind is Friday the 13th.

While there are a lot of other themes I would jump at an LE for (Fifth Elements, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, for example), the rest have virtually no likelihood of ever being made so I'm not counting those. Still holding out hope for a F13 game though (are you listening Charlie...?)

For Stern: No.
    Not Stern-bashing, its just that:

1. I generally think their Premiums look the best.

2. They've shown they can take a dream-theme of mine (GoT) and make it so I don't really care to own one. Sure, GoT plays well and a lot of other people like it, but with limited space and being a huge fan of the source material, it just doesn't get there for me, especially at today's prices.

3. I don't feel the need to jump in early because most of their LE's seem fairly available on the secondary market.

#44 6 years ago

I'd be in a serious crisis if they announced Jaws, Adventure Time, or Gold Rush.

ooooh, or Death Note. Or Castlevania. Or Iron Chef! Not to mention Bethesda...

I'm a sucker for theme.

#45 6 years ago

I'll second The Matrix and I'll throw in Toy Story but only if Jersey Jack makes it

#46 6 years ago

None. Never again.

After one of the best themes ever becoming the worst game ever (GB) and my favorite movie ever becoming a huge scandal & debacle (Lebowski) - I'm completely cleansed of the desire to have my favorite themes as pinball. It's no longer something I crave in my life.

If a game with a theme I liked came out, had finished code, and was actually really really good - I'd consider it then...but never up front, ever.

#47 6 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy, Matrix, Disney, Lego are all themes I'd seriously consider.

#48 6 years ago

The Warriors.
    Star Wars, ordered a Stern LE, but any other ones, I would order
    Maybe Michael Jackson - Woo!
    Maybe Harry Potter - I watched the movie like hundred times, still dont know what is going on
    South Park - a new version
    Simpsons - a new version

And as poster up above, 100% for sure Futurama.

#49 6 years ago

Moody Blues
    Roadhouse
    Mustang II...you know...the car that was mysteriously left off the one from 2014.
    Underdog

So, that takes care of band, movie, car and superhero.

#50 6 years ago

Mad Max / Road Warrior movies

Repo Man

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-is-left-that-you-would-buy-an-le-sight-unseen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.