Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pecos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150815_151153.jpg
    TAF_056.jpg
    AFM_305.jpg
    Picture_004.jpg
    20150531_114333.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballkid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

One thing I am curious about it - in the case of an EM - what would those of you who own or have played cleared EMs say about the difference in gameplay once a playfield is cleared? I am having an internal debate about whether or not I want to find someone to restore my Space Odyssey playfield. I have swapped out all the GI and such and cleaned everything up as best as I can, but I am pretty badly color blind and super nervous that I would screw up the color matching so I am hesitant about taking the plunge into playfield restoration. It kind of bothers me now because when you walk up to the table it looks so good with all that GI really blazing and it's very eye catching. I've got a CPR repro backglass and I have redone the lighting in the head as well. Then you get up close and the playfield is definitely rough. Not beat to hell, but pretty worn down.

I am really curious what people think about the feel of cleared EMs. I would hate to lose the feel of mine. I am really good about keeping mine waxed and the ball moves very fast and almost has a "floaty" feel to it. I notice it even more since I got my second pin. I'm sure a cleared playfield would be even faster and smoother, likely significantly so. Looking forward to reading responses from some of you who have played EMs with cleared playfields. I'm especially curious of any of you feel that clearing an EM makes it play completely different.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballkid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-rave-with-clear-coat?tu=silverballkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.