Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hawkmoon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ok so I was playing a game today when the ball went to the subway or post up lock cant remember.
Then out of know where there came a ghost screech and a hateful looking ghost on my DMD.
It startled me enough and was loud enough that I though my wife would run down to see whats up.

Anyone else share this experience?
What the heck was that all about?...and it would have been great at a party lol.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ok so I was playing a game today when the ball went to the subway or post up lock cant remember.
Then out of know where there came a ghost screech and a hateful looking ghost on my DMD.
It startled me enough and was loud enough that I though my wife would run down to see whats up.
Anyone else share this experience?
What the heck was that all about?...and it would have been great at a party lol.

Yup. I had to turn it off. No way to adjust the volume for the scream. Great when people are over!

#3 7 years ago

Yer scream mod, enough to shit yaself

You can switch that off in the menu if you want

#4 7 years ago

I found it startling enough that it now adds an appropriate "edge" or sense of dread when I play. It WILL scare the crap out of you and maybe the neighbors too

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Yer scream mod, enough to shit yaself

That is cool. Thank you for the video.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago

That's really cool.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

No way to adjust the volume for the scream.

Really? Or do you just mean that you can't adjust its individual volume away from the overall volume/sounds? I hope you don't mean it's fixed at a certain volume all of the time... those poor apartment night players with their game set at 1 volume!

#8 7 years ago

I love that scream. Very chilling. The first time I heard it at the arcade I thought it was an actual woman screaming. It gets great reactions.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Really? Or do you just mean that you can't adjust its individual volume away from the overall volume/sounds? I hope you don't mean it's fixed at a certain volume all of the time... those poor apartment night players with their game set at 1 volume!

nope, the game turns the volume all the way up just for that scream, no matter what volume setting you have the game at!

I discovered this the hard way. i was playing in the basement at about 1 am and "the scream" happened. My wife got out of bed and ran downstairs to see who was being murdered. I apologized and turned the game volume down to "3". Two hours later, I got the scream again. full blast, loud as hell!

I love this feature, by the way. It adds a real scare and makes everyone in the room turn and look and go "holy crap", even in a crowded bar.

i am not sure what triggers it, but it seems to only happen during the "We Got One" mode start animation.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

nope, the game turns the volume all the way up just for that scream, no matter what volume setting you have the game at!
I discovered this the hard way. i was playing in the basement at about 1 am and "the scream" happened. My wife got out of bed and ran downstairs to see who was being murdered. I apologized and turned the game volume down to "3". Two hours later, I got the scream again. full blast, loud as hell!
I love this feature, by the way. It adds a real scare and makes everyone in the room turn and look and go "holy crap", even in a crowded bar.
i am not sure what triggers it, but it seems to only happen during the "We Got One" mode start animation.

Wow. I would imagine that is going to get a lot of complaints! Especially the emergency-scare kind, like in a busy arcade. At least it can be turned off. Shocked it is on by default. I love it, but I'm surprised they would include it!

#11 7 years ago

Yep. Seen it twice only but the first time I was playing late-night with all the family asleep. Hit the left scoop and game turns off for a sec and then the full volume scream. About crapped myself before I started laughing. Luckily nobody awoke.

#12 7 years ago

Lol yeah seen it once. It just so happens it's my 6 year old daughters favourite game and she had been nagging me to play so I turned it on for her and it's the first game for her since I did the code update. She wouldn't of even been playing it a minute then this scary face comes up screaming it's head off and she jumped off the stool and bolted out of the room crying. She hasnt been in the games room since and that was 4 days ago. I still can't get her back in their to play it.

#13 7 years ago

I had a few friends over, we were all playing some pins and when we heard the scream we thought for a second someone got electrocuted or something and everyone stopped playing for a moment. My heart was pretty much racing and I thought to myself what the hell just happened, that was too intense. Everyone kinda was in shock - I didnt know how I felt about that for the moment- but its kinda cool I guess.

#14 7 years ago

Mattsball Is there already a code update??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 26.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-hell-was-that-gb-crazy-ghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.