(Topic ID: 334420)

What the hell happened to NYC location pinball scene ?

By pookycade

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

So I was up in NYC for a conference. We looked to go play some games. I was stunned. We have more pinball by a mile in my little hometown of 50K people than in all of greater NYC so it seems. Jackbar was about it for anything other than onesey/twosey places to go. And I sure as hell weren’t going to Barcade given the slap down for an errant hashtag they felt trampled on their rights a few years back. What gives ? Is it just so astronomically expensive to run a business there than pinball is a non starter ? Or do we just need to wait for the post-covid repopulation here for these establishments. Color me surprised given the plethora of restaurants per square block in the city.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What about Sunshine? Did that close ?

Yes, unfortunately. That was the first name that came to mind. Closed. Permanently ? Seems so but unsure

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guess yer stuck with 1 star Jackbar lol.
    Bucket list destination for me. Someday...

No complaints about Jackbar at all. I would have just expected I could visit several locations while in NYC and was stunned to see the seeming veritable wasteland.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-hell-happened-to-nyc-location-pinball-scene-?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.