(Topic ID: 122132)

What the fart is up with Marco's international shipping prices?!?

By Triumvirat73

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wiredoug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Triumvirat73.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Holy crap on a cracker!

I was just about to order a $190 worth of small parts I need for some projects I'm working on (nothing large like ramps or big plastics, and nothing heavy either. Mostly star posts, a couple of coils, flasher caps, post screws, post sleeves, springs, etc.) and because I live in Canada I needed to checkout using the iGlobal racket they have running on their website...

It wanted to charge me A HUNDRED AND TWENTY bucks for shipping!!!

I felt a numbness creeping down my left arm, felt a shortness of breath, and had to perform a Canadian defibrillation technique on myself (shotgunning a cold beer).

On top of that I'd be charged customs fees and taxes once the stuff arrived.

Christ on a bike, I guess that rules out Marcos as my one-stop-shop for online parts orders.

What a shame...

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Doug, I'll look into that.

And Noah, no kidding!

I just don't understand it though, it never used to be so outrageous. I KNOW it doesn't cost that much to ship to Canada. I've shipped much larger, and heavier, items to the USA for a fraction of that.

I won't go as far as to cry cash-grab, but what else can it be? It's appalling.

#10 9 years ago

Heya Lee, that's very generous of you! Thanks a million, and I may just take you up on it.

I guarantee that shipping to Utah, and then shipped again to Kelowna, BC is less than half of what they quoted me.

Thanks again and I'll send you a PM if the sour taste in my mouth subsides enough for me to place the order.

P.S. Glad you had a great time at Big White! I hope it wasn't a foggy day up there when you were on the slopes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Triumvirat73.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-fart-is-up-with-marcos-international-shipping-prices?tu=Triumvirat73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.