Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65785a9659553434fecd0fe3ca554c887c41adf0.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I can't seem to find a replacement for this switch. The manual does not give a helpful part number. The screw holes are diagonal from each other. I don't care if it's the same switch, just one that will work. Anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?

This is one of three switches on the upper playfield (Dr. Zekyl switch)

65785a9659553434fecd0fe3ca554c887c41adf0.jpeg (resized).jpg65785a9659553434fecd0fe3ca554c887c41adf0.jpeg (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Looks very similar to a coin door switch, but with a different wireform on it, and the terminals are in different locations as well.

Best I can see from the manual is "Microswith E 51-60E"
    That does reference to a Cherry microswitch part number, which looks correct.
    But you'll have to probably bend the wireform yourself, since that was probably done by Zaccaria originally.

-Hans

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Looks very similar to a coin door switch, but with a different wireform on it, and the terminals are in different locations as well.
    But you'll have to probably bend the wireform yourself, since that was probably done by Zaccaria originally.
    -Hans

Thanks, Hans! I saw "Microswith E 51-60E" in the manual but I swear I can't find one anywhere for sale. I found this:

http://www.intertexelectronics.com/Cherry-E51-60E-Switch-Low-Torque-Counter-Clockwise-Rot-SPDT-P2423.aspx

But it is out of stock.

Anyone know of where to find one, or a switch that would work in it's place? Thanks!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Thanks, Hans! I saw "Microswith E 51-60E" in the manual but I swear I can't find one anywhere for sale. I found this:
    http://www.intertexelectronics.com/Cherry-E51-60E-Switch-Low-Torque-Counter-Clockwise-Rot-SPDT-P2423.aspx
    But it is out of stock.
    Anyone know of where to find one, or a switch that would work in it's place? Thanks!

It's definitely a coin switch. You just need to find one with the terminals on the bottom, and the actuator facing the right way. I found this just searching "coin switch" on marco.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/E-108-92

It looks to me like the actuator might be backwards for what you need, but if you look through enough, you should be able to find one.

edit: looks like you need to find a counter clockwise actuated switch, judging from your picture.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

-Hans

Hans, I was going to say the same thing as the switch looks very close to an old coin door switch. Then I saw the stop for the actuator, it looks like counter clockwise action, so the OP will need to be careful as I believe a similar style coin door switch will have clockwise action.

OP, you might check Pinball Resource, just tell Steve it is the same style as a Cherry coin door switch on classic Bally, but with a counter clockwise action. Also, to Hans' point, you will likely have to manipulate whatever wire form is available and pay close attention to the terminals, too.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

It's definitely a coin switch. You just need to find one with the terminals on the bottom, and the actuator facing the right way. I found this just searching "coin switch" on marco.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/E-108-92
    It looks to me like the actuator might be backwards for what you need, but if you look through enough, you should be able to find one.
    edit: looks like you need to find a counter clockwise actuated switch, judging from your picture.

Beat me to it! I think the counter clockwise switch action will make the switch a little harder to find.

#7 4 years ago

Hmmm, looks like the Cherry E51 series is now done by ZF, and it's now listed as a discontinued part number.
    I'll have to keep digging.

Surprising to see a Cherry part number there, as the coin switches were done by Busy Bee of England.

-Hans

#8 4 years ago

After a little digging it looks like an Omron D2MC series switch might work. The datasheet calls out both cw and ccw models. Of course they are expensive.
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/D2MC-5H1?qs=OrUEi7dqtmloXRl9MeRSRg%3D%3D

#9 4 years ago

So that would make it part number D2MC-5EL

Very Very close dimensions, and a very slight increase in the triggering force.
    But should work. Nice digging.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

So that would make it part number D2MC-5EL
    Very Very close dimensions, and a very slight increase in the triggering force.
    But should work. Nice digging.

About $10 from Mouser, and showing in-stock
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/D2MC-5EL?qs=ISjK4nnpKfG2MDPxKzi4Nw%3D%3D

#12 4 years ago

Wow! Thanks, everyone!

About $18 with shipping but I need it.

So the terminals are the same, yeah? So I will just need to add the diode and I should be good to go with this switch?

The image shows the wire going the wrong way, but maybe that is just showing the CW model for reference?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Wow! Thanks, everyone!
    About $18 with shipping but I need it.
    So the terminals are the same, yeah? So I will just need to add the diode and I should be good to go with this switch?

Probably have to also either transfer over the wireform, or bend the new one to match.

-Hans

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-switch-is-this-zaccaria-magic-castle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.