Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8035 (resized).JPG
    notsmart.jpg
    IMG_20140627_114535_1.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Did ya measure the 2014 Grand Cherokee?

2011 thru 2014 at least will fit a pin.

If you were to read the posts above, you will see that 1999 - 2004 (WJ) & 2011 up (WK2) will fit a pin.

2005 thru 2010 (WK) won't, by about 1/2 inch height (with head on).

Robert

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I bought my Audi Q5 thinking one pin would fit, but damned if I'm going to tear it up trying, if I can help it!
    Bought a nice little 5x8 trailer instead, with mag wheels!

By any chance is it a black Q5 with a "PINBALL" vanity plate? As a fellow driver of a black Audi I saw that one in the parking lot at MGC and thought, "Now there's someone with good taste!". Unfortunately I won't be hauling any pins with my Audi because it's an A5 coupe (though I did fit a boxed 60" TV in there the other day).

How many can you fit in your trailer?

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roo:

By any chance is it a black Q5 with a "PINBALL" vanity plate? As a fellow driver of a black Audi I saw that one in the parking lot at MGC and thought, "Now there's someone with good taste!". Unfortunately I won't be hauling any pins with my Audi because it's an A5 coupe (though I did fit a boxed 60" TV in there the other day).
    How many can you fit in your trailer?

Yep, that's my baby!

I can fit two comfortably in the trailer, sitting on their bottoms, not on end. Never tried more, I think three might just fit that way, and of course more on end if I can even stand them up, never tried and not much head room...

#54 9 years ago

Ford Escape fits a pin with the head folded down nicely.

I have seen photos of a Honda Fit and a Smart car with a pin inside. You can't have a passenger and you have to remove the head.

1 month later
    #55 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

2011 thru 2014 st least will fit a pin.
    If you were to read the posts you will se that 1999 - 2004 & 2011 up will work, 2005 thru 2010 wont, by about 1/2 inch height (with head on).
    Robert

Found this out the hard way- after taking off legs and trying to slide it in my 2007.

Sucks, it literally is about 1/2 inch short.

2 years later
    #56 7 years ago

I bought my Audi Q5 thinking one pin would fit, but damned if I'm going to tear it up trying, if I can help it!

I'm looking at a Q5 to replace our old Volvo XC90. I have moved many pins in the XC90 but the Q5 looks like it might not be large enough.
    Has anyone tried moving a pin in a Q5 since these last posts?

4 weeks later
    #57 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

I'm looking at a Q5 to replace our old Volvo XC90. I have moved many pins in the XC90 but the Q5 looks like it might not be large enough.
    Has anyone tried moving a pin in a Q5 since these last posts?

Missed the question, sorry, you've probably bought a new vehicle by now. The (great!) new forum feature that finds where you've been quoted pointed it out...

Anyway, I have used it for an EM, but have not tried cramming anything bigger in there. (Bought another trailer, too, a 6x10!)

2 weeks later
    #58 7 years ago

Missed the question, sorry, you've probably bought a new vehicle by now. The (great!) new forum feature that finds where you've been quoted pointed it out...
    Anyway, I have used it for an EM, but have not tried cramming anything bigger in there. (Bought another trailer, too, a 6x10!)

No worries. Got the Q5 and we'll see what fits in it. It would be very tight anyway.

#59 7 years ago

Don't believe everything you read on pin wiki. 2015 GMC Terrain will not fit most pins because the seats don't fold flat.

2 months later
    #60 7 years ago
    Quoted from ericthehalfb:

2014 Ford Explorer works like a charm

I have an additional note on this vehicle since I own one and just tried to haul a pin for the first time in it. I agree with this post if you are talking a WPC or probably newer pinball machine. I can attest that a 1986 Bally will NOT fit into a 2014 Ford Explorer. The WPC era appear to be 29" tall when folded with the legs removed, but these Bally games are about 34" tall in the same configuration. Not even close to sliding into the back without backbox surgery and removal.

#61 7 years ago

My favorite is a 95-01 Explorer but I've also found my Ford Flex is an awesome pin hauler too.

1 year later
    #62 6 years ago

Bumping this up, will a new stern fit in the back of any of the New GMC SUVs ? I got a 2017 Escalade and looking to save a few $ to pickup at terminal and slide it in the back ?
    Thanks chris

2 weeks later
    #63 6 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Bumping this up, will a new stern fit in the back of any of the New GMC SUVs ? I got a 2017 Escalade and looking to save a few $ to pickup at terminal and slide it in the back ?
    Thanks chris

You might want to look here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/17#post-4275477

There are a lot of posts to look thru, so it is best to search the thread.

Robert

1 year later
    #64 4 years ago

Might have to get rid of my Yukon XL for mechanical reasons. Don't really need the massive SUV any longer from a family standpoint. Test drove a 2017 Mercedes GLS this weekend. Very nice vehicle. From the looks of it I think a pin should fit. Anyone with first hand knowledge on this? (also have toyed with a full-sized Range Rover. Same question...)

1 year later
    #65 3 years ago

Got a STLE in a 2018 Audi Q7 by removing a piece of plastic on the roof, sliding the head down (but kept all the wiring attached) and had to slide in one corner before the the other, but it worked! Used a thin layer of milk board to help it slide. Luckily the guy I bought it from had a Ph.D. in geometry .

IMG_8035 (resized).JPGIMG_8035 (resized).JPG
    #66 3 years ago

How bout the new bronco sport model?
    Anybody get one in one of those yet?

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-suvs-will-a-pin-fit-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.