(Topic ID: 20723)

What SUV do you have that fits pins in the back?

By cscmtp

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ryan1234
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bus_leroy.jpg
    afm-loaded.jpg
    2012-04-15_16.36.28.jpg
    2011-10-28_13.35.35.jpg
    DSC05288.JPG
    DSC05287.JPG
    DSC05285.JPG

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

We are looking at getting a new SUV and wondering if anyone has any of the following SUVs and have been able to fit a pin in the back

Honda CRV
    Chevy Equinox
    Toyota RAV4
    Subaru Forester
    Ford Escape
    etc.

Would hate to buy a new SUV that couldn't haul a pin!!

#2 7 years ago

I can help you some here, I own(ed) all three:

* Yukon XL (same size as Suburban) = 2 pins easily
    * 2011 Ford Escape = 1 pin comfortably
    * Chevy Equinox = 1 pin snugly - it the height that is very close and position carefully - the top come
    very close to hitting with the head at the back

#3 7 years ago

Explorer

#4 7 years ago

Hyundai Santa Fe can fit a machine easily plus you can fit NIB Stern in there.

#5 7 years ago

Equinox, no system 3s will fit

#6 7 years ago

'03 Acura MDX fit my STTNG

#7 7 years ago

My Forester fits 1 machine, a passenger and some stuff. I put a large piece of cardboard down in the back, so the pin slides in without hanging up.

#8 7 years ago

Toyota FJ Cruiser can fit a pin easily...however a NIB Stern needs a little help (bungee cord)

DSC05285.JPG DSC05287.JPG DSC05288.JPG

#9 7 years ago

2011 Ford Edge.

#10 7 years ago

4-runner, perfect fit for NIB.

#11 7 years ago

Hyundai Tucson (2006) is great for one pin.

#12 7 years ago

Who needs a suv... Dodge caravan holds 3!! Dedicated pin mover

#13 7 years ago

Hey,

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander. Hauled more or less everything. Wouldn't haul a NIB, but I've had a TSPP, BK, PinBot, WhiteWater, Flash, and an older EM in there easy (not at the same time, obviously).

Luke

#14 7 years ago

This is very helpful, thanks to all who responded! Anyone have a Honda CRV? That is near the top of our list so far, although still considering a few other models.

#15 7 years ago

Acura RDX..... pins fit great, moved newer sterns and older bally's no problems.

#16 7 years ago

I recently learned a 2012 Escape can even take a NIB -- with about 1/2" of tolerance. I'd measured it out, but I was sweating that one when it came time to shut the hatch. It didn't look like I had a chance.

#17 7 years ago

2002 Rav4 will fit at LEAST:

Williams System 9 (Space Shuttle)
    Williams System 11 (Pinbot)
    Gottlieb Wedgeheads (Top Card, head removed of course....EASY EASY EASY!)
    Williams WPC Widebody (STTNG. Kinda tight, but it does fit with head folded down.)

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

This may be best small suv pin hauler. NIB stern with pallet still strapped on, NO PROBLEM. Rear hatch closes too.

#19 7 years ago

My Honda Element SC fits them easy as does my buddies new CRV.

#20 7 years ago

2010 Honda Pilot. Pinwiki says you can fit two in there, but that seems like a ton of work. I am able to fit an appliance dolly and pinball lifter in there though, with a pin.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Ditto. Or two, if you're very creative. I managed to fit two PinBots in my wife's Tucson a few years ago

#22 7 years ago

Tahoe. 9 pins and counting. No NIB yet, but I bet they would fit.

#23 7 years ago

The Rav fits them

2011-10-28_13.35.35.jpg 2012-04-15_16.36.28.jpg

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

'03 Acura MDX fit my STTNG

The newer ones don't fit a pin very well. When they redesigned them in '07, they lowered the height of the rear hatch to make it look sportier and differentiate it a bit from the Honda Pilot. My TAF barely fit and left marks in the ceiling.

#25 7 years ago

I can barely fit a pin in my 2012 KIA Sorento only if I unbolt and remove the back seats because they don't fold all the way flat.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

This is very helpful, thanks to all who responded! Anyone have a Honda CRV? That is near the top of our list so far, although still considering a few other models.

I bought a CRV about a month ago, and from the measurements, it looks like an easy fit. I haven't actually done it yet, though. We were also looking at Nissan, and both the Rogue and Murano were a no-go.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from beepnutz:

My Honda Element SC fits them easy as does my buddies new CRV.

Ditto on the Element SC I've hauled every type of pin including NIB and even an engine for my MGB best pin hauler I've ever owned!

#28 7 years ago

I can use my wife's 2011 Edge, and I have a 2011 shortwide Chevy. I'm covered. I feel better using the Edge. Nice and snug. I don't know if a NIB will fit in it though. But if they don't fit in the FJ above, I doubt it

#29 7 years ago

Ford Expedition. Swallows 2 pins with no issues what so ever. 2 rows of seats lay completely flat which make it perfect.

#30 7 years ago

2002 and 2005 Escape - One machine fits perfectly! Haven't tried NIB.

#31 7 years ago

So here's a question that's related. Anyone know of a vehicle that you can get at LEAST a pin with head folded down in and still have two spaces for child seats?!

#32 7 years ago

I have a 2008 Honda CRV and have carried many pins. I fold the back seats down and place one end of the machine on top of them. The back door closes fine.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So here's a question that's related. Anyone know of a vehicle that you can get at LEAST a pin with head folded down in and still have two spaces for child seats?!

Just about any minivan.

#34 7 years ago

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport will fit a pin but its a tight fit getting the backbox part past the back lip. Need to push up on the plastic edge/lip at the back to slip the backbox past it.Once past that lip it has plenty of space.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from tekhmaster:

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport will fit a pin but its a tight fit getting the backbox part past the back lip. Need to push up on the plastic edge/lip at the back to slip the backbox past it.Once past that lip it has plenty of space.

2005-era Liberty fits like a glove. I had heard conflicting things about the new style. Thanks for the confirmation that the new ones will work...will be a big influence on my wife's next vehicle!

#36 7 years ago

I use my friend's 2002 Mazda Tribute to haul pins and it works great! TZ fit just fine, and here's a pic with AFM being loaded (yeah those are totally stolen UHaul blankets):

afm-loaded.jpg

#37 7 years ago

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit all types. Widebody, standard B/W and new Sterns (Not in box)

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Something I am considering as well. I was thinking about getting a used Ford Explorer Sport-Trac (bascially a 4 door pickup, but a little more refined). My wife enjoys the pin trips as much as I do, and I have to get my kid loving the trips as well.

2 years later
    #39 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

I just ran across this thread as I now have a Hyundai Tucson as a rental as my Explorer got into an accident. I might be picking up a machine this weekend but unsure if it will fit. I think the Tucson I have is a newer model ... 2013+ for sure. Any ideas if that will fit a machine?

#40 4 years ago

I have a 2006 Cadillac SRX that they just fit in the 31" opening . The only game I could not fit without removing the back box was a Stargate ! So SRX's 2004-2009 same, 2010 and up no .

#41 4 years ago

My girlfriend has a 99 Honda CRV. I've moved 2 pins in it (not at the same time) because pins don't fit in my Mazda Miata.

One had the head off, one was folded down. Height is fine but it is a snug fit length-wise. If you load it far end first, watch the plunger when you close the door.

#42 4 years ago

2015 Mazda CX5

My old '99 Grand Cherokee was good also. Thought I was going to lose a ton of room with the Mazda but they are about the same.

#43 4 years ago

Chevy Avalanche. Works great. Easily two pins. Probs more if I need to. Fits 5 people or I can fold the rear seats down, take out the back window if I need to, and then open the partition between the cab and bed. Also has storage to keep some shrink wrap, and pvc to roll pins on instead of sliding, and other stuff. Awesome vehicle. And if I take it easy, I can get 20+ mpg.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

bus_leroy.jpg

If I recall this seats one adult, two teens, one pre-teen, two children, and all the gear for a 5 piece band. It should have plenty of room.

#45 4 years ago

2013 (F25) BMW X3 fits a WPC era game (Whitewater) beautifully. Had room for a dolly too.

#46 4 years ago

I just bought a 2007 Jeep Liberty need to haul a Tron next week anyone ever use a Jeep Libert?

#47 4 years ago

I just bought a CRV, and have done 2 pin moves with ease. The seats fold flat at a pull of a handle.
    27/33 MPG, and base model features are outstanding.
    But what sold me was resale value...What I paid for base model was less then 1 year old of same with mileage.

Whatever you choose, if you think you will keep 5 or 7 years, look at the value held for the same vehicle thats 5 years old. Its very surprising.
    Between this, gas mileage, Tires, and service ratings/cost, I found close to a 30% difference, or from $5K-7.5K difference in cost when amortized between vehicles to own.

Your needs may be different based on Snow/hills, 4WD,....Family size, and personal taste....but I am so glad to finally be hauling my own!
    (My friends are happy I am not bugging them too!)

Congrats and Enjoy whatever you may decide!

#48 4 years ago

2011 Acura MDX will fit a SST (sega showcase back box), but the top clearance is very, very close.

#49 4 years ago

I have a Honda Element that handles everything but a Hercules and can take two Gottlieb wedgeheads. Pin2000 games need to have the head loaded in the front passenger seat.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I just bought a CRV

Last summer I bought a '08 and sold my '01. Got $3,000 for it, 13 years old and 225K miles. No work ever required on the drive train in that time (aside from scheduled maintenance). Still had compression at factory spec! Such a great car, just wanted to upgrade to side and curtain airbags. Brought home my first two pins in the '08!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside