• Star Trek 27 votes
    19%
  • The Walking Dead 38 votes
    27%
  • Ghostbusters 24 votes
    17%

(141 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hey - I've got the pinball bug again. First post in over a year. I'm thinking of getting a Stern premium and these are the choices:

1. The Walking Dead
2. Game of Thrones
3. Metallica
4. Star Trek
5. Ghostbusters

I already have a Metallica Pro, but maybe I should upgrade? Love the colors in GoT. Thought Ghostbusters premium was very promising and liked the magna slings. TWD is fun & so is Star Trek. Just don't have a lot of time on any of these games. I tend to hang onto my games, so looking for a long term game.

Love to hear from anybody in the know. Thanks!!!

#2 7 years ago

Walking Dead or Star Trek hands down. GOT Pro is the way to go to save a couple bucks and Metallica Pro which you already had time on is a very good game, premium adds some gimmicks but not that much more to the table.

#3 7 years ago

Walking Dead all day long. -having said that, I like just about all the pins on your list so you can't really go too wrong.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks! I do like TWD and ST. Has anybody out there had a lot of games on Ghostbusters premium? What do you think?

#5 7 years ago

You're missing the best stern prem. AC/DC prem all day long.

#6 7 years ago

I agree with AC/DC. I'm lucky to have one.

#7 7 years ago

NIB
GB Prem.
TWD Prem.
Really depends on you game taste.
Both of these are great bang for the buck games.

#8 7 years ago

Forget saving a few bucks; GoT Pro is a better game than Prem.

#9 7 years ago

TWD first as GB will made for a while yet. As for ST go pro ..... you hardly loose anything by doing so and have 1800 to boot

#10 7 years ago

GoT pro is just plain fun.

#11 7 years ago

Ghostbusters like Lionel said.......all night long!

#12 7 years ago

AC/DC Premium. The best.

#13 7 years ago

GOT Premium rocks!

#14 7 years ago

Acdc. Metallica is awesome, but premium isn't worth extra. Gb premium is cool, but early to tell. Acdc at this point would be a strong suggestion if you can pry one away from an owner.

#15 7 years ago

Well put an ACDC Prem next to your MET pro and........you have a complete collection.

Any game where you can cradle one ball on each flipper and use your chin to hit the fire button and fire the cannon for a 30 million plus jackpot you need to get. Period.

#16 7 years ago

Acdc and Met are awesome

#17 7 years ago

He already has AC/DC....

Go TWD

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

He already has AC/DC....
Go TWD

He did not update MET Pro to his collection. So "Dude - update your collection to help us help you!"

Yeah I would not sell a MET Pro to get a Premium. TWD is the way to go then.

#19 7 years ago

Star Trek is a truly great game which is coming to the end of its production run. If it were me I would get one while they are still available nib, assuming you like the game. Of course the best thing is to try them all and see which one you prefer.

#20 7 years ago

Star trek....all the way. Amazing

#21 7 years ago

If you want balls to the wall fun with very little extreme highs and lows; go ST PREM.

If you want a challenge that isn't always fun but has extreme highs and lows; go TWD.

Side note, I think TWD is another one you can go pro over premium. It just feels better and walker bombs aren't a total necessity as there are safer shots on the pro.

That all said, my vote goes to ST as it's fun factor lastability wins in my book.

#22 7 years ago

Dupe

#23 7 years ago

keep the Metallica pro
Forget the GB

buy all the others (premium)

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

1. The Walking Dead
2. Game of Thrones
3. Metallica
4. Star Trek
5. Ghostbusters

1. The Walking Dead
2. Star Trek
3. Metallica (lower 'cause you already have the pro..no need to upgrade)

large distance..

4. Game of Thrones
5. Ghostbusters

#25 7 years ago

I vote GOT Prem. Looking to add a Star Trek Prem next.

#26 7 years ago

I also have an AC/DC LUCI and I added TWD this year, LOVE this combination. TWD is a great game and we have had a blast diving deeper into the rules -- has that "one more game" feeling.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you want balls to the wall fun with very little extreme highs and lows; go ST PREM.
If you want a challenge that isn't always fun but has extreme highs and lows; go TWD.
Side note, I think TWD is another one you can go pro over premium. It just feels better and walker bombs aren't a total necessity as there are safer shots on the pro.
That all said, my vote goes to ST as it's fun factor lastability wins in my book.

Totally respect other players' opinions... but I think TWD is one Stern that's way better as a Premium. Same goes for ACDC.

But, different strokes/different folks!

#28 7 years ago

Here to. To much more going on with the extra magnet , lift ramp , color changing GI, spinners , crossbow , walker bombs ,work rails , and real lock down.

#29 7 years ago

TWD or GB by far, along with LOTR they are the best Stern pins IMO. Id also say to consider the pros in both cases as the prem's are not worth the extra cash.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

TWD or GB by far, along with LOTR they are the best Stern pins IMO. Id also say to consider the pros in both cases as the prem's are not worth the extra cash.

I totally disagree with this as in this case, I feel the premiums are worth the extra coin on GB and TWD.

But if money is an issue you can't go wrong with pros either here.

#31 7 years ago

TWD, ST then Met, GOT pro is the best version of that game for me, haven't played a GBpre or LE yet.

#32 7 years ago

Get the Star Trek LE for sale on Pinside for NIB premium price of 7400

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Totally respect other players' opinions... but I think TWD is one Stern that's way better as a Premium. Same goes for ACDC.
But, different strokes/different folks!

I know im in the minority but thats cool. I just dont see the value in the upgrades:

Ramp sucks vs pro
bicycle girl bash toy isnt all that great
xbow kind of blows
The Spinners do rock
Drop in front of woodbury isnt a must have.
lighting is nice but the effects on the pro are there too and thats why the lighting can be cool at times on the pin.
Walker Bombs overrated. There i said it. No one wants to say it but i did

So really, the only thing i'd miss on the pro would be the spinners. Dont know if thats worth $1500 + the headache of the other features.

TWD Prem is a great game dont get me wrong. But in my opinion (thanks for respecting btw) the pro is another bang for the buck pin where you can be happy without all the extras. That's all im trying to say. There are very few pins out there where the prem/le is worth the extras over the pro - in fact, the only one i can think of is STLE....maybe ACDC too.

#34 7 years ago

Do not pass go...go straight to TWD. Don't even question it. Slam dunk decision you will not regret if you like the theme.

Install the Milhouse sound mod and a shaker and you will be in pinball heaven.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I know im in the minority but thats cool. I just dont see the value in the upgrades:

The lighting upgrades alone are worth the upgrade...end of story.

Other features I really like:

* Spinners are awesome
* an extra magnet...magnets are fun
* drop target keeps ball out of Woodbury except when appropriate, speeds up game
* crossbow is not a world beater, but it is a fun different change of pace and still a challenge to me after hundreds of games
* bash under ramp is fun because it changes the flow, the shots come right back to you instead of looping. Variety is a good thing.
* lighted heads in corner are cool and creepy.

None of these features are a must have by themselves (other than lighting) but they add up to a more full featured and interesting game. When a game is as good as TWD -- and likely will be a long term keeper...you want to get the best version.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

When a game is as good as TWD -- and likely will be a long term keeper...you want to get the best version.

so..........you have a pro then?

#37 7 years ago

Star Trek premium as a total premium package is hard to beat. Armor and decal finish is superb plus all the pf Le features.

Plus its production run is at an end.

TWD a close 2nd, Metallica meh

Got is better as a pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-stern-premium-would-you-recommend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.