Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nosro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

With many of the threads here about Stern with the lack of updating their machines eg. Star Trek. I was wondering out of all the games that stern pinball have released over the years which ones have 100% completed code or near completed code.

#2 9 years ago

LOTR. There...that's my contribution.

#3 9 years ago

TSPP, I guess. I haven't been able to get that far to actually prove it yet.

#5 9 years ago

This could turn out to be a short thread.

#6 9 years ago

Umm WPT? Metallica and ACDC seems very completed and nicely rounded. Definitely not Wheel of Fortune!

#7 9 years ago

I think Tron is finished

#8 9 years ago

Probably need to specify era. Pretty sure Flight 2000, Seawitch, Meteor, Nine Ball, and Star Gazer all have complete code.

#9 9 years ago

Iron man feels perfect to me

#10 9 years ago

I'm too bad of player to even tell ya.

#11 9 years ago

The only games I knew that was completed was Lotr and tspp and possibly acdc I was wandering if there was any others that's all

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from dloe007:

Definitely not Wheel of Fortune!

And definitely not ij4 despite lyman helped code it

#13 9 years ago

X Men

#14 9 years ago

Is it just me, or is it just the new releases that are awaiting finished code?
I get that StarTrek has some minor additions required, and that Stern may even do a major update instead.
Although there have been some comments regarding ACDCs cannon modes, and/or devil horn inserts, there's never been a game I've played on either when I've thought: "If only they'd completed the code! We're really missing something here."

Isn't it really just TWD, Mustang, & StarTrek?

#15 9 years ago

Wheel Of Future could be even better, although I do like it, had Stern finished the code on it. Was playing a friends STLE last night and he likes some of the new code additions but disappointed with the bugs and that at least one cool gameplay item no longer works with the newest code.

#16 9 years ago

Everything before 2006?

#17 9 years ago

Just about all of them are finished. This doesn't mean they're all perfect or include everything everyone could ever want. This "unfinished" stuff is getting carried away. Walking Dead and Mustang need work yet. ST is supposedly getting more but it's not unfinished.

People claiming games like tron, ac/dc, metallica, xmen, and iron man are incomplete are expecting way too much imo.

#18 9 years ago

ACDC is not completed as it has the cannon inserts that do absolutely nothing accept turn on and flash. Pretty darn close though I do have to say.

Wish list for ACDC:

Make the lower playfield accessible during Mball for the appropriate songs.
Put in actual cannon Modes as they are all the same at this time if exist at all.
Add Ball saver for ball release from cannon after playing lower level if cannon isn't lit for a player controlled shot. Also after player controlled shot from cannon if hits a lit Album target then goes Sdtm.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I was wondering out of all the games that stern pinball have released over the years which ones have 100% completed code or near completed code.

It's a good question. Pinball collector's have higher expectations than operators, this is clear. What is also clear is when Stern gets it right, they really get it right. For example, Klingon Multiball, in STLE, they got that right and the coding is spectacular. A (the) high moment in the game. As well, the Hero mode of SM is amazing fun.

I want more of that amazing end of game fun, this is a main reason Im buying pins and spend my time playing them. But, there is also when parts of game play seem buggy. When your in Vengeance multiball, the second one I think and you hear "Khan, your nothing but a mass murderer" repeatedly, in succession, well, sounds buggy and needs a quick fix, it gets annoying.

So, here's hoping that Stern can keep delivering on great code, cause when they get it right, they really get it right!

#20 9 years ago

How do you define "finished" code? Most of the complaints center around improvements/wishes and those are subjective. By saying unfinished, it makes the pin sound unplayable or that certain modes are flat out missing. Yes, I know that some games came out with code that needed a lot of work but Stern has made updates that improve things quite a bit.

#21 9 years ago

"Complete" could be a slippery definition. Possible definitions include:

1) All toys, inserts, and targets do something. ( Both AC DC and STLE would be incomplete by this definition.)
2) Promised or advertised content is delivered.
3) Bugs are fixed.

The third is probably the most difficult to do and for outsiders to quantify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-stern-games-have-finished-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.