Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WaddleJrJr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

i'm just curious what stern games out there are deeper than bdk? (withought the expceptions of lotr and tspp)

#2 9 years ago

i think those were about it

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

i think those were about it

you sure bdk in heinsight the rules are average its just getting lucious and harvey dent which can be challanging(long drawn out) other than that its fairly simple well for me anyway just pulled out 508 mil today (factory settings, 3 balls , no ex. balls)

#4 9 years ago

Xmen is way deeper then BDK. I think AC/DC and Metallica might be too? But definently Xmen.

#5 9 years ago

Ac/dc is a lot deeper than a lot of people think, even down to picking the songs in order of when they were released for more points.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Xmen is way deeper then BDK. I think AC/DC and Metallica might be too? But definently Xmen.

What about ST?

#7 9 years ago

Umm everything. Wpt has insanely deep and complicated rules, second only to tspp.

BDK is quite shallow.

#8 9 years ago

24 had got a ton going on. Fantastic game!

I would also consider POTC deeper than BDK. Alot of the modes on BDK are same-same. I never found it that deep. Crane is a blast and Joker MB is a ton of fun as well. Love stacking them as well.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What about ST?

Yeah I forgot about that one. With 18 modes it would definently be way deeper then BDK.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What about ST?

I'll disagree all day about ST. I can't think of a game where modes are less distinguished from one another. It doesn't even matter what mode you're in - just keep shooting lit shots till Away Team is lit. The modes are the least compelling thing about that game, by far.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'll disagree all day about ST. I can't think of a game where modes are less distinguished from one another. It doesn't even matter what mode you're in - just keep shooting lit shots till Away Team is lit. The modes are the least compelling thing about that game, by far.

I agree with this statement, but it is still "deeper" then BDK though.

#13 9 years ago

Guys, seriously, tell me a game that isn't deeper than BDK. I can't believe this question was even asked.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

you sure bdk in heinsight the rules are average its just getting lucious and harvey dent which can be challanging(long drawn out) other than that its fairly simple well for me anyway just pulled out 508 mil today (factory settings, 3 balls , no ex. balls)

There is a factory extra ball after the 2nd gadget.

#15 9 years ago

The age old question of what makes a game "deep" comes to mind.

If, for example, "deep" means completing the wizard mode on factory settings, then offhand, I would say finishing Gotham City on BDK is more difficult than the finishing Final Battle on T3.

#16 9 years ago

"deep", to me, means "are lot of things in it, some of which are behind other things or interact in interesting ways that require discovery".

Shooting the centre ramp over and over in BDK to get Fox finished isn't deep, it's just tedious. BDK doesn't have lots of rules in it, all told. Is is well balanced? Mostly, so you see more of the rules than in lots of games where you do the same thing over and over.

I agree with the posters above that BDK's a fairly 'shallow' pin. A lot of the rule complexity of games like X-men and AC/DC is sufficiently hidden that people don't notice it, though...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-stern-games-are-deeper-than and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.