(Topic ID: 29174)

What started you on buying Pinball machines?

By Cobra

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshawn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 11 years ago

I grew up with a GTB Bank-A-Ball from when I was little. Spent vast amounts of time in bars and arcades in the 70's and 80's where I developed a love for old penny arcade games. Did the whole videogame thing from the late 70's until around 83 and went back to pinball 100%. A few years ago I started collecting old machines to do restoration work on them and learn EM repair and spiraled out of control. Thank god I'm still an EM guy through and through because I can always find a project for a decent price, gun games, mutoscopes, EM games and pins, etc. Now I'm actually regressing to even older machines, love testers, fortune tellers, WWII era arcade machines are where my heart lies these days, but pinball is always there. It's a great hobby as long as your actually satisfied with what you have and ignore the small amount of greed and arrogance in the hobby and try to avoid being a hoarder. I see so many guys that are stockpiling pins in their basements, 100 games stacked on each other than are never going to be enjoyed, but that's part of the greed I guess.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshawn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-started-you-on-buying-pinball-machines?tu=pinballshawn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.