Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round the Old Oak Tree

#5 5 years ago

It was either that or Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. And yes I have a daughter.

#7 5 years ago

Ok what about Cats in the Cradle? That is a serious tear jerker there.

#21 5 years ago

It has gotten to the point where I almost cry anytime I hear an Iron Maiden song with Bruce singing on it.

#50 5 years ago

Only Women Bleed by Alice Cooper.

#57 5 years ago

Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks. Kind of a happy and sad song all at the same time

#65 5 years ago

Cats in The Cradle sure hits home when your kids are all grown up.

#109 5 years ago

I'm not very emotional and it usually takes a serious tragedy to make me cry. That's what I love about music. It gets emotional for me.

#154 5 years ago

The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot

#213 5 years ago

John Belushi doing Joe Cocker's Beatles impression.

4 weeks later
    #249 5 years ago

I figure there is no point starting an eargasm thread with this one already going, but that's what this song is all about.

I give you Florence and the Machine.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:While different, for some reason I can't help thinking I could see it being a Tori Amos song....but then again, maybe that's just because of my kryptonite for most any redhead. Lol

It really needs to come out of big speakers to give you the whole vibe. It's a few years old now but I remember a couple of the first times I heard it I was blown away.

Florence and the Machine are very big in the UK along with that entire alt scene and they play festivals of 1000s , but it seems for the most part the USA is content to ignore it. Except in a few places.

#256 5 years ago

Big Speakers! Bigger Audience!

I've got the MTV live channel and they show all these festivals.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Zombie by Cranberries

I still hear that a lot on a local station and to me if there was ever a theme song from the 90s that was it. I can still remember what we were doing when that song was on.

1 year later
    #315 4 years ago

Billy Don't Be a Hero

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That was my favorite song when I was young.

Hard to admit, but it was a super catchy tune at the time.

I was bummed I couldn't make it to Knott's Berry Farm to see Bo Donaldson's local appearance when that song came out.

But I equate that to leaving Magic Mountain early with my 9 year old daughter the night the Jonas Brothers, one of her favorite bands at the time, played. I still kinda regret that but it it was known to not be one of the best places to be after dark and with her, I wasn't taking any chances. She understands.

#326 4 years ago

I'll be darned but Paper Lace of Night Chicago Died fame did that song first and it was a big hit in the UK.

It was easy for a kid to get addicted to all the variety of pop music in the early 70s, but once Ballroom Blitz hit the airwaves, that changed my musical tastes forever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.