Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 5 years ago

One song that comes to mind, makes me think of my wedding day. My Mom's favorite song was "Wind beneath my wings," so it was appropriate that when I danced with her, that song was playing. My Mom seems like she was the patron saint of sacrifice, and put everyone before herself. She did so much for me when I was growing up. She helped shape me from a stupid selfish kid, into the family oriented, hard working adult that I would be for the rest of my life.

As far as men go, my Father set the bar so impossibly high. If I am half the man that he was, I am doing great so far. My Dad had always wanted to be able to dance with my Mom at my wedding, but I got married when his time on Earth was running short due to his illness. Even though the end was getting close, he had hopes that he would make it to that day.

When Mom and I were dancing, Dad struggled to get out of his wheelchair, and asked if he could cut in so he have that one last special time with her, since she was also the wind beneath his wings. She held him in her arms and supported him the whole time. They danced to a standing ovation, and that moment was a testament to the life that they shared with each other. He passed away peacefully in the night with his family by his side, shortly after that day. Its hard to think about them and not get emotional. They were great people. Wow, do I miss them.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My wife is nothing like me. She has all the qualities I wish I had.

It sounds like she is an awesome person. If she chose to spend her life with you, it must say something about who you are as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcclad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry?tu=mcclad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.