Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 5 years ago

Just like the title says, what song makes you cry or pulls on the old heartstrings. Wedding songs? Something else? For me it is Believe by Savatage and if you have not heard it and have kids, bring some tissues. How about you guys?

#2 5 years ago

Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round the Old Oak Tree

#3 5 years ago

Changed my mind. Minnie Riperton " Lovin You ".

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round the Old Oak Tree

I'm being serious, I guess the Norse god of pinball never cries. Do you have kids?

#5 5 years ago

It was either that or Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. And yes I have a daughter.

#6 5 years ago

I did this post because I heard this song for the first time in many years today and I was weeping like a little girl. Check it out on YouTube please and tell me it isn't powerful as hell. Savatage-Believe. ( that's a challenge Odin) if you have a kid there is no way you will not shed a tear unless you're not paying attention to the song.

#7 5 years ago

Ok what about Cats in the Cradle? That is a serious tear jerker there.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Check it out on YouTube please and tell me it isn't powerful as hell. Savatage-Believe.

jesus that sounds like a cock rock sketch song from SNL

#9 5 years ago

Living years by Mike and the Mechanics

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was either that or Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. And yes I have a daughter.

Time in a bottle is a good one. Check out my song. It's "metal" but a theatrical ballad is the best way to describe it. Savatage is the band that became Trans Siberian Orchestra.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

jesus that sounds like a cock rock sketch song from SNL

I love you and you know that. This is a pure ballad no "cock rock" at all. It sounds like a Broadway tune done by a metal band.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

It sounds like a Broadway tune done by a metal band.

That's pretty much the definition of cock rock

Is it too late to say anything by the Spin Doctors or 4 non blondes?? Usually the I don't how many bullets are in my revolver and sometimes I cry after 2 clicks

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ok what about Cats in the Cradle? That is a serious tear jerker there.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Living years by Mike and the Mechanics

Two songs I won't listen to.

#15 5 years ago

Thank

Quoted from TheLaw:

That's pretty much the definition of cock rock
    Is it too late to say anything by the Spin Doctors or 4 non blondes?? Usually the I don't how many bullets are in my revolver and sometimes I cry after 2 clicks

No, cock rock tries to be macho. These guys do not. Did you listen to the whole song? What do you consider a powerful song? I know it's not Iron Maiden

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Two songs I won't listen to.

Mike and the Mechanics are great. I loved Peter Gabriel era Genesis and the first two or three Collins albums as well. Carpet Crawlers is Genesis' best song.

#17 5 years ago

When I was a kid old yeller made me cry.
    Now I am old. Last week I passed a kidney stone and almost cried, almost but not quite.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

No, cock rock tries to be macho. These guys do not. Did you listen to the whole song? What do you consider a powerful song? I know it's not Iron Maiden

Cock rock is the antithesis of macho. Cock rock is all that late 80s shit with the tough guys belting out shitty ballads all the time (no offense Savatage I don't mean to say you think you're tough). I couldn't listen to it straight through no.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rabbit:

When I was a kid old yeller made me cry.
    Now I am old. Last week I passed a kidney stone and almost cried, almost but not quite.

I herniated a couple discs in my back and that was way worse than my two open heart surgeries. I was screaming bloody murder!

#20 5 years ago

7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif

#21 5 years ago

It has gotten to the point where I almost cry anytime I hear an Iron Maiden song with Bruce singing on it.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Cock rock is the antithesis of macho. Cock rock is all that late 80s shit with the tough guys belting out shitty ballads all the time (no offense Savatage I don't mean to say you think you're tough). I couldn't listen to it straight through no.

Agree to disagree then. This song just puts a dagger in my heart and twists. I love prog rock and metal from this era. I was a teenager when this album came out, it all just fits for me. Kinda how you must feel about the Del Vikings and Perry Como

#23 5 years ago

The Macarena

#24 5 years ago

I'll agree with that one, and Cotton Eyed Joe

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Agree to disagree then. This song just puts a dagger in my heart and twists.

That's fair. When I get your guys' age I'm sure I'll be more emotional to this type of thing. And a little more angry aboot other things. And forget a bunch of stuff. And shit and piss all over myself.
    EDIT: this was another weird incorrect avatar posting that I replied to...it said o-din made your post...but what I said still stands

Quoted from Frippertron:

and Cotton Eyed Joe

Uff that one is bad fo sho

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It has gotten to the point where I almost cry anytime I hear an Iron Maiden song with Bruce singing on it.

O-D I'm really pissed they didn't include any Di'anno stuff. If it wasn't for him Number of The Beast would never have happened. He was a big talent back in the day that lacked professionalism. Too bad for him, he should have done a lot more with his talent. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, I guess.

#27 5 years ago

Gloomy Sunday

Please Bleed/Roses from my Friends/The Drugs Don't Work

#28 5 years ago

LTG : )

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Gloomy Sunday
    Please Bleed/Roses from my Friends/The Drugs Don't Work

Gotta check those out.

#30 5 years ago

Amazing Grace. Or Elvis doing his trilogy. Silver Blue and Gold by Bad Company. That's it. Oh forgot, Not Dark Yet by Bob Dylan off Time Out of Mind. Not tear jerking but fantastic and haunting late life introspection.

#31 5 years ago

For me, it's "Everything I Own" by Bread.

Wife says hers is "Somebody" by Depeche Mode.

#32 5 years ago

Pinball Wizard ... By The Who

#33 5 years ago

Elliot Smith's "Needle in the Hay", Radiohead's "True Love Waits", and pretty much every Jeff Buckley song.

#34 5 years ago

This song is so bad it made me cry, but it's the only sad song I could find that mentions pinball.

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/DP/2003/07/365-Days-Project-07-22-krone-larry-i-cant-do-anything-over-the-rainbow.mp3

Thank God for that! It appears that he is/was from here but I have never heard of him.
    http://www.larrykrone.com/im-never-going-to-st-louis-again-2/

#35 5 years ago

I will add Pictures of You by The Cure. That song was popular when my grandfather died and it sticks in my head for that reason. My grandmother died when Seal's Kiss From a Rose was all over the radio, so that song has those memories attached to it.

#36 5 years ago

Morrissey's entire catalog makes people cry.

#37 5 years ago

This song always gets me. Our boys that went to the Nam shipped out of San Francisco.

Not all of my friends returned.

LTG : )

#38 5 years ago

The Doors [The End} ,and Riders on the Storm, always makes me sad to not know what happened to the Shelby Mustang in this video.

#39 5 years ago

Almost anything from Nick Drake's three albums.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Just like the title says, what song makes you cry or pulls on the old heartstrings. Wedding songs? Something else? For me it is Believe by Savatage and if you have not heard it and have kids, bring some tissues. How about you guys?

Given that you like European metal, you should give a listen to Within Temptation - Our Farewell. Maybe it was the fact that I had a beloved pet die about the time I was listening to this album, but it's definitely an emotional song for me.

#41 5 years ago

'Dis one. The wife's and me's song.

#42 5 years ago

James Taylor “You got a friend” My dad told me when I was 7 years old when he moved away to Florida that every time you hear this song think of me.

I will never forget the day he passed away when I got to my work to tell my coworkers about his passing that song came on the radio as I was telling them.

I still cry every time I hear that song.

#43 5 years ago

My dad was listening to ‘Midnight Special’ when he died. Still gets to me.

I’m just glad he died peacefully in his sleep, and not screaming like the passengers in his car.

#44 5 years ago

The Living Years by Mike & The Mechanics....

#45 5 years ago

Seriously, these two bring a tear now and then:

'My Girl' by The Temptations. Came out when I was dating my first "love", Melissa Holcomb.

And the song my wife Carol and I picked for our wedding song, and sung by my wife's sister Jane: 'Never My Love' by The Association.

#46 5 years ago

When I Get Where I'm Going by Brad Paisley

#47 5 years ago

While it's not what the song is about, while my mom is going through stage 4 cancer, I've been crying a lot to this one lately

#48 5 years ago

I wont cry

I'm Chuck Norris

But I will not listen to

Have a beer - Luke Bryan

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

#49 5 years ago

Ask the Lonely by the Four Tops with the Andantes & Soul Brothers is another good one. When you lose love, through no fault of your own, it is an awfully lonely feeling.

The version without the Four Tops vocals inserted is really good. The video attached to this one is greta.

#50 5 years ago

Only Women Bleed by Alice Cooper.

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.