Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 4 years ago

This song (Hawai'i '78) about how the original Hawaiian's would feel if they saw modern-day Hawaii get's me every time. Especially this version by Bruddah Iz (RIP)

#302 4 years ago

Here's another one. This lady's voice is insane

#303 4 years ago

Queen's "These Are The Days Of Our Lives"

#304 4 years ago

Don't take the girl by Tim McGraw

and Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

1 month later
    #305 4 years ago

ozzy - mama I'm coming home. It's going to sound stupid, but when one of our dogs had surgery and he was literally at the hospital recovering for 3 days all I could play was that song, thinking about him thinking about my wife wondering what's happening and why was he sitting in some strange crate having his stomach cut open, and just waiting for that call that he was recovering and ready to come home.

#306 4 years ago

"Watermelon in Easter Hay" by Frank Zappa.

#309 4 years ago

Plenty of songs make me cry. As I get older, I’ve become much more emotional.

Terry Jacks’ Seasons in the Sun came out within a year of one of my grammar school classmates contracting leukemia. One has nothing to do with the other, but it is a sad song that reminds me of him.

#310 4 years ago

Any song that causes me to pull my nose hairs always moves me to tears.

#311 4 years ago

Queens who wants to live forever.

#312 4 years ago

I don't cry very often, but as others have said Amazing Grace played with bag pipes - especially at funerals - and more so if it is played live.

Another that I haven't seen is Time by Alan Parson's Project. I may do that one at my funereal - if I can remember to tell my wife.

While listening I remember those I have lost - like my father, other family members, and friends. That coupled with my struggles with religion - and that maybe there isn't an afterlife, and that they may truly be gone forever starts the water works a bit for me.

#313 4 years ago

Cant have a rainbow without the rain
    Cant have a painting without the pain

Devo - No Place Like Home

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Cant have a rainbow without the rain
    Cant have a painting without the pain
    Devo - No Place Like Home

Never heard this song before, thanks for posting this. I like it a lot.

Chris

#315 4 years ago

Billy Don't Be a Hero

#316 4 years ago

Lou Reed "Berlin" is tough from start to finish, but I think "The Kids" probably stands out as the highlight (lowlight):

#317 4 years ago

Desperado

desperado (resized).jpgdesperado (resized).jpg
    #318 4 years ago

LTG : )

#319 4 years ago

Not gona lie, silverball by barenaked ladies pulls on my strings.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Billy Don't Be a Hero

That was my favorite song when I was young.

20 years ago after a few too many beers "What about me?" by Moving Pictures would get me a little.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Billy Don't Be a Hero

In the same vein....loved this song as a kid

Run Joey Run

#322 4 years ago

Hell, I still like that song today.

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Time by Alan Parson's Project.

For sure . Give it a listen. I dare you. That tune really gets me.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That was my favorite song when I was young.

Hard to admit, but it was a super catchy tune at the time.

I was bummed I couldn't make it to Knott's Berry Farm to see Bo Donaldson's local appearance when that song came out.

But I equate that to leaving Magic Mountain early with my 9 year old daughter the night the Jonas Brothers, one of her favorite bands at the time, played. I still kinda regret that but it it was known to not be one of the best places to be after dark and with her, I wasn't taking any chances. She understands.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was bummed I couldn't make it to Knott's Berry Farm to see Bo Donaldson's local appearance when that song came out.

My Dad got so tired of me playing that record he threw it out the window of a car. Mom was real pissed, and I was like 6 and confused. Like damn, what was all that about. Always ticked me off how if I remember correctly Paper Lace was always trying to steal Bo's songs.

#326 4 years ago

I'll be darned but Paper Lace of Night Chicago Died fame did that song first and it was a big hit in the UK.

It was easy for a kid to get addicted to all the variety of pop music in the early 70s, but once Ballroom Blitz hit the airwaves, that changed my musical tastes forever.

#327 4 years ago

Cheap Trick “The Flame”

#328 4 years ago

Behind blue eyes - the Who

#329 4 years ago

Currently I listen to new rock/alt, but I still youtube everything I have ever liked.

Stop and smell the roses - Mac Davis
    Why Me - Kris Kristofferson

And songs also like Cliff Richards - We don't talk anymore

Newer sad songs like Pearl Jam - last kiss or something...I am being rushed at the moment

#330 4 years ago

Last Kiss is rough but Breath by Pearl Jam will gut anybody

#331 4 years ago

Lord is it mine

Supertramp

#332 4 years ago

off subject right now State Of Confusion - Kinks, gf is pissed I beat all her high scores, and I was not even trying, I just had a good game.

#333 4 years ago

Alan Parsons Project, old and wise

1 week later
    #334 4 years ago

cry with laughter

#335 4 years ago

I think 80’s kids will agree that the theme song to The Wonderful World of David the Gnome tugs at the ol’ heartstrings.

#336 4 years ago

Heres one that gets me.

#337 4 years ago

This one also has the tendency to sucker punch me in the gut.
    R.I.P. Chris Cornell

#338 4 years ago

Hidden jem bon Jovi --memories tune

#339 4 years ago

Moody blues..Song lyrics...in my world.
    Anyone know the song? Am i right with the band?

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Moody blues..Song lyrics...in my world.
    Anyone know the song? Am i right with the band?

Yep.

#342 4 years ago

Powerful thread ..makes a great collection on its own.

#343 4 years ago

Sensational Johnny Cash

4 months later
    #344 4 years ago

It don't matter to me by bread

#345 4 years ago

This one is brutal. Oh My Brother by Eddie From Ohio. A song about a brother dying in a hospital bed. Her voice.... If you can get through the whole song w/o tearing up, you’re either a better man than I, or you’re a robot.

#346 4 years ago

This always brings a tear to my eye.

#347 4 years ago

this song really makes me all misty eyed. I think just about every guy can relate to this!

1 month later
    #348 4 years ago

Revisiting this thread, I have a new one to add.

Rush - The Garden

It never used to get me all emotional, but it sure does since Neil died, which also cemented it as being their last song.

"The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect, so hard to earn, so easily burned."

#349 4 years ago

My Heart Will Go On, always brings a tear to my eye. The mere thought of poor Jack. Rose telling him "I'll never let you go". And then the first thing she does is lets go of his cold, dead hand. And we watch him slowly sink into the Atlantic. Typical female crap.

#350 4 years ago

Only one piece of music does this to me; Taps. I hope never have to hear it again.

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry/page/7?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.