Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 5 years ago

Today, it was the national anthem of France. I'm bummed.

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I figure there is no point starting an eargasm thread with this one already going, but that's what this song is all about.
    I give you Florence and the Machine.

While different, for some reason I can't help thinking I could see it being a Tori Amos song....but then again, maybe that's just because of my kryptonite for most any redhead. Lol

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I figure there is no point starting an eargasm thread with this one already going, but that's what this song is all about.
    I give you Florence and the Machine.

On a separate note.....when you said Eargasm....I thought we were going to start a thread about this LP!

R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpgR-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #254 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:While different, for some reason I can't help thinking I could see it being a Tori Amos song....but then again, maybe that's just because of my kryptonite for most any redhead. Lol

It really needs to come out of big speakers to give you the whole vibe. It's a few years old now but I remember a couple of the first times I heard it I was blown away.

Florence and the Machine are very big in the UK along with that entire alt scene and they play festivals of 1000s , but it seems for the most part the USA is content to ignore it. Except in a few places.

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It really needs to come out of big speakers to give you the whole vibe. It's a few years old now but I remember a couple of the first times I heard it I was blown away.
    Florence and the Machine are very big in the UK along with that entire alt scene and they play festivals of 1000s , but it seems for the most part the USA is content to ignore it. Except in a few places.

I'll throw my honesty out there...I remembered the name right away, but that was about it...I listened to song on my phone....

Tomorrow eve, I want to make it a point to (even if YouTube) listen on big stereo and get a better feel now!

#256 5 years ago

Big Speakers! Bigger Audience!

I've got the MTV live channel and they show all these festivals.

#257 5 years ago

Zombie by Cranberries (or the remake). I was listening to it a lot around the time my cat got tongue cancer and died last year. So now it's forever linked in my brain.

RIP Statik

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Zombie by Cranberries

I still hear that a lot on a local station and to me if there was ever a theme song from the 90s that was it. I can still remember what we were doing when that song was on.

#259 5 years ago

Mine is a country song: "She'll tell me the price of the pinball she's sellin' once she does her research on Ebay"!

#260 5 years ago

Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. is one of several for me.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Then if we want to follow this train of thought, Tim Buckley (the guy who wrote "Song To The Siren") son, Jeff Buckley, did "the" version of Hallelujah.
    That song is an instant tear jerk, and has been recorded so many times that the writer, Lenard Cohen, asked that people quit recording it.
    Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"

Great suggestion...the entire Grace album by Jeff Buckley is exceptional. Dream Brother...

#262 5 years ago

Wild Horses, Rolling Stones. I've never even read the lyrics, but for some reason it relates to some heavy shit in my life. Old Stones is magic.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jokerz777:

Butterfly Kisses & Christmas Shoes!

Yes those are both intense songs.

1 week later
    #265 5 years ago

“Love lift us up where we belong...”. but only if someone says “Way to go Paula!” And starts clapping.

3 weeks later
    #266 5 years ago

May have been the cocktails, but this usually up tempo Steely Dan got to me today with lyrics...

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

May have been the cocktails, but this usually up tempo Steely Dan got to me today with lyrics...

Really! What was in those cocktails???

#268 5 years ago

Idk...But this one got me too
    Just a bit nostalgic kinda night I guess

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

I love Credence! Hey, wanna see something *really* scary?

Dan Aykroyd naked?

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

John Belushi doing Joe Cocker's Beatles impression.

Love all three versions of that song.

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

Iron Eyes Cody (born Espera Oscar de Corti April 3, 1904 – January 4, 1999) was an Italian-American actor. He portrayed Native Americans in Hollywood films.[ He also played a Native American shedding a tear about litter in one of the country's most well-known television public service announcements, "Keep America Beautiful".[

He was a disgrace.

#272 5 years ago

Smack my bitch up by Prodigy always brings a tear to my eye. Reminds me of my ex who never learned her lesson. Good times.

#274 5 years ago

If you have been with your ol’ lady long enough (21 yrs for me)...and at any point really wanted it to be over...BLAST this one...BUT you have to really LOVE her...tears every time...........Joey

8 months later
    #278 4 years ago

Surprised this thread dropped off....

Mary Chapin Carpenter

He thinks He'll keep her.....

#279 4 years ago

Lyrics: "I remember I cried when my father died never wishing to hide the tears , at 65 years old, my mother god rest her soul, couldn't understand why the ony man she had ever loved had been taken" can't remember the singer but 70's era
    Great song.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Lyrics: "I remember I cried when my father died never wishing to shed a tear , at 65 years old, my mother god bless her soul, couldn't understand why the ony man she had ever loved had been taken" can't remember the singer but 70's era
    Great song.

Alone again, naturally by Gilbert O Sullivan

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Alone again, naturally by Gilbert O Sullivan

Thanks alot!

#282 4 years ago

No problem. I love that song too.

#284 4 years ago

“Homesick” by Mercy Me.

#285 4 years ago

Three Little fishes always brings a tear to my eye.

LTG : )

#286 4 years ago

Love Hurts by Nazareth
    Last Kiss by J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers

And the song "Lava" about two volcanoes in love.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo.

#287 4 years ago

For anyone who is moved by Cats In The Cradle, I highly suggest "Mama Hold My Hand" by Aloe Blacc.

#288 4 years ago

I'm if in the right mood for it. Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd will hit me in those feels.

#289 4 years ago

Beautiful song. Edit** click on "Watch on youtube", one of those "Blocked on other sites" vids

#290 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure remembering "Honey" was written based on a true happening..

#291 4 years ago

My goodness where do I start. I cry over a lot of songs. Had a lot of screwed up life experiences which made me into a sofety I guess

The singer looks like my older brother who passed away suddenly at the age of 41 because of weight related issues

The video more so makes me cry because it is about two brothers and one of them gets sick and dies. See the above for why it pulls at my heart strings.

My first real girlfriend made this our song. Being we were both young and I was immature the relationship didn't last. We split up and I was an a-hole. Last time I ever saw her I flipped her the bird while driving past her. The next day I got the news she was dead. She was in a bad car accident. Both her and her friend died. The two boys they were with didn't. She lived for some time but died enroute to the hospital of a torn aeorta. I have tried to move on but when I hear this song it brings her back up and I will never let myself live down the last thing I did was be rude to her. If we were still together I would of been driving that day instead of this other friend.

Just a sad song and video

This song coupled with dogs looking sad in cages, shivering, shaking makes me ugly cry, I am a huge animal lover and have to turn the channel as soon as it comes on.

This song makes me think of my friend that killed himself over some chick. He loved AVSF

I actually did a drum cover of so far away for him as well. This song now makes me tear up because of him.

#292 4 years ago

Jeff Carson- the car

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

'Dis one. The wife's and me's song.

That’s a damn good song!!!

#296 4 years ago

The Thunderbirds theme song.

#297 4 years ago

Oh man every one of those made me cry!

#298 4 years ago

Fatty Boo Hoo,... I mean Fatty Boom Boom

1 month later
    #299 4 years ago

My god daughter is in trouble. Drugs, ran away from home. She loves my family and will be staying ay my house and my family will try and heal her. When I heard hopelessly devoted by Olivia newton John it brought tears. It's a song I would like for her to hear.

#300 4 years ago

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry/page/6?hl=isayits4mykids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.