Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

desperado (resized).jpg
    R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Forever Autumn by The Moody Blues

Not by the Moodies. Just Justin Hayward on The War Of The Worlds album. A great song.

#102 5 years ago

for me its gotta be "goodbye" by Jessica folcker. I know it's a air supply song but her voice will make your heart tremble. I literally saw my wife break down into tears when i let her listen to it in my car for the first time.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I wont cry
    I'm Chuck Norris
    But I will not listen to
    Have a beer - Luke Bryan
    Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

This 100%

And this song as well gets me everytime. Cant help but think of my dad, his dad and one day me...

Highway Man

#104 5 years ago

Because of the tragedy that caused Eric Clapton to write this song it tears me up a bit.

Somewhere over the rainbow by Brother IZ, he was just a good dude who is no longer with us, I kind of feel like having this song played at my funeral.

#105 5 years ago

I spent a long time away from my dad after he left when I was a teenager, and last year I had the chance to stay with him for a bit, which brought us closer together, but on his birthday we and his friends went to karaoke night and I watched him sing Willie Nelson's All Of Me. I'd never seen my dad sing in earnest before, except when I was real little and he sang the mockingbird lullaby, but Willie Nelson was always in the tape deck when we went on road trips when I was a kid. I'd never really listened to the lyrics before, and I know obviously it's about a breakup but suddenly it hit me how much I lost when he left back then, and I had to go out into the parking lot in the middle of the song and just sit on the curb and decompress. That all sounds really maudlin but it was intense and every time I listen to it, since I'm living across the continent from him again, it's kind of hard.

#106 5 years ago

Do You Remember Me / Lila's Theme, a song from the movie "Snoopy Come Home". It used to just pull the right strings when I was a kid, but now whenever I hear it, it makes me think of my dogs and cats who are no longer with me and I miss something awful. Can't even think of it without tearing up.....yup, here it comes.....every time.....

#107 5 years ago

“In my life” - The Beatles

Now eff off.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

My dad was listening to ‘Midnight Special’ when he died. Still gets to me.
    I’m just glad he died peacefully in his sleep, and not screaming like the passengers in his car.

I love Credence! Hey, wanna see something *really* scary?

#109 5 years ago

I'm not very emotional and it usually takes a serious tragedy to make me cry. That's what I love about music. It gets emotional for me.

#110 5 years ago

Prince has two that can get me really good.
    "Sometimes it Snows in April" & "Anna Stesia". Power songs, great lyrics. They just remind me where I was in my life at the time when I first heard them and when those albums came out.

"Anna Stesia" is an obscure song he only performed live back in '88. Around 2000, I was at a small show up at Paisley Park, Prince walked up on the stage and just broke out playing this song. I stood there blubbering like an idiot while my very confused girlfriend was trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

“In my life” - The Beatles
    Now eff off.

Yep, that is a really good one also.

#112 5 years ago

I really dont want to go into details......but this song will do it periodically.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Morrissey's entire catalog makes people cry.

His solo stuff is over played for that angle.
    Smiths certain(t)ly have their share; 'Asleep' 'reel around the fountain' 'please please let me get what i want''that joke isn;t funny anymore, 'there is a light...'
    But hey...it was a rough 5 years

#114 5 years ago

Ok. Fine. If you want a serious answer, I have two.
    Rodney Atkins "watching you" was out when my son was born. I was so emotional, my first kid was just born, and as I drove home to get some sleep and leave my wife in peace at the hospital-this thing comes on and I was a wacko driving with tears flowing down my face
    When my daughter was born, Rascall Flatts "my wish" did it to me.
    I'm not even a real country music fan, but both of these songs will forever hold a place in my heart, and bring me to those moments.
    I hope your surgery goes well, dude. I'm sorry you've already been thru so much, but you are obviously strong enough to handle this. Speedy recovery.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Because of the tragedy that caused Eric Clapton to write this song it tears me up a bit.
    Somewhere over the rainbow by Brother IZ, he was just a good dude who is no longer with us, I kind of feel like having this song played at my funeral.

Best version of Over the Rainbow ever! Hawaii shut down when he died. A national treasure.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not very emotional and it usually takes a serious tragedy to make me cry. That's what I love about music. It gets emotional for me.

Excellent song.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

scorpions...winds of change

I agree. Beautiful song.

#118 5 years ago

#119 5 years ago

One song that comes to mind, makes me think of my wedding day. My Mom's favorite song was "Wind beneath my wings," so it was appropriate that when I danced with her, that song was playing. My Mom seems like she was the patron saint of sacrifice, and put everyone before herself. She did so much for me when I was growing up. She helped shape me from a stupid selfish kid, into the family oriented, hard working adult that I would be for the rest of my life.

As far as men go, my Father set the bar so impossibly high. If I am half the man that he was, I am doing great so far. My Dad had always wanted to be able to dance with my Mom at my wedding, but I got married when his time on Earth was running short due to his illness. Even though the end was getting close, he had hopes that he would make it to that day.

When Mom and I were dancing, Dad struggled to get out of his wheelchair, and asked if he could cut in so he have that one last special time with her, since she was also the wind beneath his wings. She held him in her arms and supported him the whole time. They danced to a standing ovation, and that moment was a testament to the life that they shared with each other. He passed away peacefully in the night with his family by his side, shortly after that day. Its hard to think about them and not get emotional. They were great people. Wow, do I miss them.

#120 5 years ago

Anything by Nickelback

#121 5 years ago

Appalachian gospel music

#122 5 years ago

Im not a huge christmas guy (Halloween is more my style), but I can't hear John Lennon sing "Merry Xmas (War is Over)" without getting emotional - seems to bring out sadness in me more than sad but joyful future...idk....

#123 5 years ago

That's The Way - Led Zeppelin
    Hurt - Johnny Cash

(These songs came on back to back on my iPod way back in 03 when I landed in Tx on the way home. Turned on my phone when we landed, and found out my grandfather had killed himself that morning. I cry every single time I hear them.

Others:
    Fathers and Sons - Chris Ledoux
    Goodbye, I'm Sorry - Jamestown Story

#124 5 years ago

MacArthur Park, because you know, the cake got ruined, and he'll never have that recipe again. Sad.

#125 5 years ago

Cat's in the Cradle always gets me!!!

#126 5 years ago

Conway Twitty - That's my Job

When this song came out my dad was a fan of country music and I thought Conway was about the dorkiest thing ever. After my dad passed the nostalgia of it made me appreciate Country and the lyrics of this song are strangely fitting. Conway and my dad passed from the same ailment so there is an odd connection there as well.

Others, many already mentioned. They don't always get you but at a vulnerable moment can be hard to listen to.
    Pictures of You - The Cure
    Wish You were Here - Pink Floyd
    Seasons in the Sun -Terry Jacks
    If I Die Young - The Band Perry
    Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynrd

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

One song that comes to mind, makes me think of my wedding day. My Mom's favorite song was "Wind beneath my wings," so it was appropriate that when I danced with her, that song was playing. My Mom seems like she was the patron saint of sacrifice, and put everyone before herself. She did so much for me when I was growing up. She helped shape me from a stupid selfish kid, into the family oriented, hard working adult that I would be for the rest of my life.
    As far as men go, my Father set the bar so impossibly high. If I am half the man that he was, I am doing great so far. My Dad had always wanted to be able to dance with my Mom at my wedding, but I got married when his time on Earth was running short due to his illness. Even though the end was getting close, he had hopes that he would make it to that day.
    When Mom and I were dancing, Dad struggled to get out of his wheelchair, and asked if he could cut in so he have that one last special time with her, since she was also the wind beneath his wings. She held him in her arms and supported him the whole time. They danced to a standing ovation, and that moment was a testament to the life that they shared with each other. He passed away peacefully in the night with his family by his side, shortly after that day. Its hard to think about them and not get emotional. They were great people. Wow, do I miss them.

This reminds me of 40 years ago when my wife and I got married. She chose Green Green Grass of Home by Tom Jones as her father daughter dance. It was his favorite. My wife is the oldest of 12 with 10 of them being girls. All the girls, at some point, decided to have the same father daughter song at their weddings. Sadly, my father in law died of a heart attack at age 56 when only 3 of the girls were married.

I'll never forget the next sister in law's wedding when her and her husband chose that song as their wedding song instead of a father daughter song. I got goosebumps.

He was a cool guy and I wish my kids would have been able to get to know him. I smile whenever I hear the song.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My wife is the oldest of 12 with 10 of them being girls.

Holy crap! Sorry to hear he died young...one of his greatest accomplishments was probably surviving through raising 10 girls. And if your wife is anything like the person you are, he did a tremendous job with all of that on his plate.

#129 5 years ago

Laughing with God by Regina Spektor

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Holy crap! Sorry to hear he died young...one of his greatest accomplishments was probably surviving through raising 10 girls. And if your wife is anything like the person you are, he did a tremendous job with all of that on his plate.

My wife is nothing like me. She has all the qualities I wish I had.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My wife is nothing like me. She has all the qualities I wish I had.

It sounds like she is an awesome person. If she chose to spend her life with you, it must say something about who you are as well.

#132 5 years ago

Theres a country song called “I love this bar” that makes me cry tears of anger whenever I hear it. Or maybe my eyes are watering as a side effect from my bleeding ears.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

It sounds like she is an awesome person. If she chose to spend her life with you, it must say something about who you are as well.

She says she liked my ass when I was 16. I don't have one anymore.

#134 5 years ago

The Oogachuga song (I Can't Stop This Feeling) knowing that I spent 8 Gs on a GOTG pin. (Relax, I kid..)

#135 5 years ago

"Here" by Pavement. My good friend loved them and died of Lukemia in his mid twenties out of nowhere and it shook my world. He loved this band so much he held an "unofficial Pavement Day" where he tried to listen to every album in its entirety going so far as to make flyers to put up getting people to join him. He was getting better and outlook was hopeful when they reunited for a tour, I bought us tickets confident hew would be well by then, but he passed away a few weeks before the show.

These lyrics get me every time

"And I'm the only one who laughs
    At your jokes when they are so bad
    And your jokes are always bad
    But they're not as bad as this."

Miss you every day Dave

#137 5 years ago

Adagio in G Minor by Albinoni.

Most Australians will recognise it from the movie Gallipoli specifically the landing scene at Anzac Cove.

#138 5 years ago

Faithfully by Journey

#139 5 years ago

Amazing Grace played with bagpipes

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from mjs2:

Amazing Grace played with bagpipes

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Amazing Grace keeps coming up in this thread. Enjoy.

#141 5 years ago

Coward of the county.

#142 5 years ago

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

#143 5 years ago

Johnny Cash - The Caretaker

#144 5 years ago

Staind "Something to Remind You"

#145 5 years ago

We played this version of Over the Rainbow at my Mom's service. Always gets me for some reason.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

#146 5 years ago

INXS, Never tear us apart.

#147 5 years ago

Anyone mention Godley & Cream yet?

Surprised with all the Motorhead fans haven't heard '1916' yet; that's a good one.

#148 5 years ago

There are a lot of songs that bring some kind of emotion.

I always get choked up for our national anthem.

The Star Spangled Banner.

#149 5 years ago

Stevie singing Landslide

#150 5 years ago

My ears cry blood whenever I hear any Cold Play.

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-song-makes-you-cry/page/3?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.