10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 277 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

R-5151776-1389486820-2859.jpeg (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Köln Karneval (resized).PNG
    joetex (resized).jpg
    7270D050-D783-4875-A8D5-56A33D27086F.gif

There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 10 months ago

The Woodbox Gang - Dusty, Dozer, and Grandpa

See if you can make it through this one. Can't even listen to it anymore.

#52 10 months ago

Stevie Wonder's "You are the sunshine of my life" was the song I shared with my Mom. On the other hand Stevie always makes me smile uncontrollably when I hear "I Wish"

#53 10 months ago

Well Amazing Grace has been played at 4 funerals of friends and loved ones I’ve lost over the last two years. Especially on bagpipes when I’m a pallbearer (all 4). Other than that, some of the versions of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” have been known to choke me up. I’m not so sure it’s a sad song but I know it’s a beautiful one.

#54 10 months ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Stevie Wonder's "You are the sunshine of my life" was the song I shared with my Mom. On the other hand Stevie always makes me smile uncontrollably when I hear "I Wish"

My favorite Stevie track is Stay Gold. Powerful and brilliant all the way through.

#55 10 months ago

Forever Autumn by The Moody Blues

#56 10 months ago

Hurt - Johnny Cash

#57 10 months ago

Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks. Kind of a happy and sad song all at the same time

#58 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:Hurt - Johnny Cash

Great song! Even better than the original.

#59 10 months ago

Here are 2 sad songs. Have not gotten me to cry but both are sometimes hard to listen to.

"Seasons in the Sun", Terry Jacks. (and o-din posts it while I was typing)
    "Dance with my Father", Luther Vandross.

#60 10 months ago

This one makes me laugh and cry at the same time. My late dad bought the 45 in 1956 and used to play it a lot.

#61 10 months ago

Thunderbird by Quiet Riot.
    Always makes me think of my brother that passed in 2013. We were 80s kids.
    I generally try to focus on things that make me happy though

#62 10 months ago

The National Anthem.

#63 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ok what about Cats in the Cradle? That is a serious tear jerker there.

That might have me tearing up I. The car since my son whom I love more than I can say, even though he is an asshole, is going to college in 3 months.

#65 10 months ago

Cats in The Cradle sure hits home when your kids are all grown up.

#66 10 months ago

Vincent Black Lightning

By Richard Thompson

#67 10 months ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Thunderbird by Quiet Riot.
    Always makes me think of my brother that passed in 2013. We were 80s kids.
    I generally try to focus on things that make me happy though

If you don't mind me asking, how did your brother pass away so young? If I offend you, just ignore the post. I am curious because I have a lot of medical problems and have had strokes and am about to have open heart surgery number three, and I am under 40. The reason I started this thread is because I have to go under the knife again and I'm scared for my daughter if something happens to me. I listened to the Album Streets by Savatage and started bawling my eyes out. I'm not normally sentimental, but major surgery has a way of bringing that out.

#68 10 months ago

scorpions...winds of change

#70 10 months ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

scorpions...winds of change

Great. Classic. Tune.

#71 10 months ago

What's the song from Karate Kid 2. "Like a knight in shining armor, from a long time ago" that is straight nostalgia for me

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

More
    If you don't mind me asking, how did your brother pass away so young? If I offend you, just ignore the post. I am curious because I have a lot of medical problems and have had strokes and am about to have open heart surgery number three, and I am under 40. The reason I started this thread is because I have to go under the knife again and I'm scared for my daughter if something happens to me. I listened to the Album Streets by Savatage and started bawling my eyes out. I'm not normally sentimental, but major surgery has a way of bringing that out.

Best of luck dude. I hope you come out of it better than before.

#73 10 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

More More
    Best of luck dude. I hope you come out of it better than before.

Thanks. I appreciate that. As Tom Petty once said, " The waiting is hardest part".

#74 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Nothing but heart felt best wishes to you and your whole family. Here's to a speedy recovery!

#75 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

More More
    Nothing but heart felt best wishes to you and your whole family. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Thank you.

#76 10 months ago

I'm not a religious man in the least, but I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe gets to me.

I really like this version.

#77 10 months ago

Bang Bang, Nancy Sinatra

#78 10 months ago

Not quite cry, but seriously humbling. Street Spirit by Radiohead.

#79 10 months ago

At my wedding my wife came down the aisle to the Force Theme. It was timed perfectly so at 51 seconds in when the music swells she turned the corner and that’s when I and everyone else first saw her. I feel like my chest is gonna burst still when I hear this song.

#80 10 months ago

American Pie who reminds me of my dad he used to sing it I remember when that song came out I believe it was in the early 70s

#81 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

More

My brother was 43 at the time and the cause was found to be an enlarged heart.
    There was a lot of tragedy about it because it was an instant all of the sudden thing ,he was in a bad place in his life etc and I could go into great detail but it is just how things went down.
    Whatever it is you are facing I wish you the best and hope you focus on the positives as much as possible.

#82 10 months ago

Cats and the Cradle hits home for me, just weeks before I retired and would finally have time to spend with my Dad I lost him. As a kid I always remember him singing this song to me, still can hear his voice singing it loud and clear just like Harry.

#83 10 months ago

Just because of where I was, and not because of the lyrics or anything, but "Jesus is Just Alright" by the Doobie Brothers. My brother died of leukemia when I was in high school. He had just got married and was in his mid-twenties. He picked the songs for his funeral. I remember this blasting at the church, and knew he would have liked the looks of some of the older folks faces expecting more traditional type music.

#84 10 months ago

I'm Going Home Hootie and the Blowfish. The day my mother passed away, I was walking the dogs at night as usual, listening to music. This song came on. I had never really HEARD it before. For those that don't know it, first verse:
    Mama please don't go
    Won't you stay one more day
    I've been your boy for so long now
    There so much more I still have to say

Brought me to tears...still does today

#85 10 months ago

Not sure if anybody watched The Leftovers...awesome show. If Max Richter’s music doesn’t make you cry, it definitely makes you think. It’s almost like theme music for a sad event. End of Our Exploring and November are two of the best.

#87 10 months ago

While I tend not to be the emotional type, I will admit to noticing feelings when I hear Willie sing "Always on my mind."

#88 10 months ago

Eric Clapton's My Father's Eyes

#89 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Just like the title says, what song makes you cry

I’m a man, so none.

#90 10 months ago

Reminds me of my kids every time

93 Million Miles

#91 10 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

At my wedding my wife came down the aisle to the Force Theme. It was timed perfectly so at 51 seconds in when the music swells she turned the corner and that’s when I and everyone else first saw her. I feel like my chest is gonna burst still when I hear this song.

Probably my favorite scene in any movie. John Williams is amazing and also just a great shot.

#92 10 months ago

Adagio for Strings
    Samuel Barber

#93 10 months ago

The Hoff....

#94 10 months ago

Welcome Home by Metallica. Just because the song is so powerful.

#95 10 months ago

Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw

#96 10 months ago

Ok, this actually does make me tear up watching the movie Inception...especially after having my daughter. And movie was beyond excellent...Leo was robbed for the Oscar. Time by Hans Zimmer.

And a great live version at the premier...

#97 10 months ago

Cat Stevens
    Father and Son

My son moved out today to his first apartment three hours away. He just got a great job.

I am a proud dad. Been crying all day

#98 10 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not sure if anybody watched The Leftovers...awesome show. If Max Richter’s music doesn’t make you cry, it definitely makes you think. It’s almost like theme music for a sad event. End of Our Exploring and November are two of the best.

Good call. The music in that show just drove the stake deeper with the heartbreaking theme of that show, which I agree was excellent.

#99 10 months ago

The National Anthem

#100 10 months ago

I’ve got two....

In This River......Black Label Society

Tears of a Dragon........The great Bruce Dickinson

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,499.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 9.95
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 6.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    There are 277 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside