(Topic ID: 251245)

What size washer do I need with this post?

By gweempose

6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tommy posts (resized).jpg
GnR posts (resized).jpg
GnR Post (resized).jpg

#1 6 days ago

I'm going to be placing an order with Marco, and I need to purchase the correct washers to fit under this post. Can someone please provide me with a link to the correct washer. Thanks!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5127-00

GnR Post (resized).jpg
#2 6 days ago

The washer that goes under the playfield behind the nut? It should be a size 8 or 10 if I remember correctly.

#3 6 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

The washer that goes under the playfield behind the nut?

I'm referring to the washer that goes below the post ABOVE the playfield, but it may very well be the same size washer as the one below. My GnR already has all the washers below the playfield, but for some reason all the ones above are missing. I'm assuming they are supposed to be there, right? There's a washer beneath every post on my Tommy.

#4 6 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to be placing an order with Marco, and I need to purchase the correct washers to fit under this post. Can someone please provide me with a link to the correct washer. Thanks!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5127-00[quoted image]

Don't know if this helps but https:
//rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/Rrs0Wqpi/source-for-gnr-bumper-posts-530-5127-00

So a #6 washer?

#5 6 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

for some reason all the ones above are missing

No, I've never seen washers above with that kind of post. The ones with a hex base seem to have them.

I just buy a box of washers at the hardware store in sizes 6, 8, and 10. And that covers most you will find on a playfield.

And again, I think that one is a 10. 8 maybe.

#6 6 days ago

Looking at some of the Stern manuals they describe it as an 8 with a female 6 on the top.

#7 6 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to be placing an order with Marco...]

Just like, head down to the hardware store man. But a box of 8 & 10s and never worry aboot it again

#8 6 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But a box of 8 & 10s and never worry aboot it again

And pay much less money in the long run.

#9 6 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I've never seen washers above with that kind of post. The ones with a hex base seem to have them.
I just buy a box of washers at the hardware store in sizes 6, 8, and 10. And that covers most you will find on a playfield.
And again, I think that one is a 10. 8 maybe.

That's what I thought too. But apparently this isn't a common size post. And Marcos listing doesn't give any of the specs. So I don't know if that's a 8-32, 10-24, 10-32 or even a 6-32 thread or width. It doesn't give any of the measurements. not even a link for a nylock or Kep nut to hold it in place.

#10 6 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looking at some of the Stern manuals they describe it as an 8 with a female 6 on the top.

That makes sense.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Just like, head down to the hardware store man. But a box of 8 & 10s and never worry aboot it again

Get one of those SS washer sets with multiple sizes and keep them on hand.

#11 6 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That's what I thought too. But apparently this isn't a common size post.

Only a few games appear to use this post, and Marco was literally the only place I could find them. Unfortunately, my newly acquired GnR doesn't have the correct posts. As you can see from the photo, the posts in my game don't have the round metal base at the bottom. That's why I'm ordering the correct ones. I just wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a washer beneath them. As you can see from the second photo, the posts in my Tommy do have washers beneath them, but that doesn't mean they are supposed to be there.

I think I am indeed going to grab a box of washers from the hardware store. That's an excellent suggestion. It seems like I'm always needing them.

GnR posts (resized).jpgTommy posts (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 259.99
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside