• 4 total pins 6 votes
    8%
  • 5 total pins 9 votes
    13%
  • More than 5 pins 30 votes
    42%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Unknown (resized).jpg
20190831_160924 (resized).jpg

#1 52 days ago

I previously owned TNA and LOVED it but it was my only pin. I sold it for a pin with more depth and variety. As a home pin it got old playing it by myself but it is the most fun I have had playing pinball with others. I do find myself missing it and want it back.

So that leads me to my question. How big of a collection do you need for TNA to fit in?

#2 52 days ago

Any one game collection will get old. Variety is the spice of life. I would say 3-5 with a TNA would be a good mix.

#3 52 days ago

I think you need a bigger range, but I think 6 pins is a good starter set

#4 52 days ago

I have one alongside a Maiden Premium and a Road Show (with Metallica Premium being delivered today). I still enjoy playing it. My family likes the co-op mode a lot. It has not kept my attention like Maiden due to the shallower rules but it is a good pinball workout. If space is at a real premium it probably would not be ideal.

#5 52 days ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I have one alongside a Maiden Premium and a Road Show (with Metallica Premium being delivered today). I still enjoy playing it. My family likes the co-op mode a lot. It has not kept my attention like Maiden due to the shallower rules but it is a good pinball workout. If space is at a real premium it probably would not be ideal.

So your family enjoys it which is great. With that said would they be sad if you sold it? I would probably give up some of my favorite pins if I found one my friends and family enjoyed more.

#6 52 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So your family enjoys it which is great. With that said would they be sad if you sold it? I would probably give up some of my favorite pins if I found one my friends and family enjoyed more.

I have contemplated trading it for something, even got some good offers, but my daughter and wife were pretty bummed when I mentioned it so I backed off. I only have room for 4 pins at the moment so if I am going to make any lineup changes TNA is the most likely to go. Maybe another 6 months of TNA will make them OK with a trade.

#7 52 days ago

I just went 5 or more coz too many is never enough!

Although, TNA is unique, it seems to get some people into pinball that otherwise might not get into it... great game! We love it!

#8 52 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I just went 5 or more coz too many is never enough!

Agreed. You can always ...slide.... in another.

#9 52 days ago

This young lad is hooked, he can trap better than half of us as well!

20190831_160924 (resized).jpg

He's nearly 8 years old. Rough drains are still agonizing! Lol

Nope we don't give him an exemption to slide either!

#10 52 days ago

id say 4-5 minimum.

#12 52 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

id say 4-5 minimum.

I think it would be ideal for an 8+ pinball lineup.

You are likely going to want something with more than 2 flippers, one or more with ramps, one with multiple playfields, a longer player and a slower player, one with a cool toy, etc.

#13 51 days ago

I think TNA shines as a wildcard game in a varied collection. I equate it to an old solid state, where it is quick, brutal, and unforgiving. So if you already have modern type Stern/WPC games adding TNA would give a welcomed variance in game play. I have been close to pulling the trigger on one for a couple years now, but couldn't find quite the right deal. One day..

#14 51 days ago

I have been to some parties with large collections, 15-20 pins. All had a TNA and I never once saw anyone playing it. The parties did have some casual players, but no one showed much interest in it. I enjoy it when I do get to flip it, but not sure I would want it in my collection.

#15 51 days ago

I have it and revenge from mars. I love it. That being said I want to have more games. I'd probably trade it if someone offered me 2 older games for it from my wishlist to get more games more than anything else.

#16 51 days ago

Not less than 4/5 pin collection. I’d say 5 but the argument can be made for one of 4 because it’s really fun and a hoot for a party game. I don’t think I’d keep it on a 3-4 pin lineup because I play mostly solo.

To me it’s a great odd ball pin. I mean it both great and odd ball. It’s not a great all around pin it’s kind of same stuff all the time. Don’t get me wrong I love it but if I’m casting off pins from my 12 pin collection it would be hard for me to keep it over more well-rounded pins.

#17 51 days ago

It isn't my favorite game but the wife and kids like it more than any other game. It is not deep at all but it isn't an easy game to master. So the challenge is there. Total of 5 pins

#18 51 days ago

Side note, while TNA is a bit like a minor league player who made it on a big league team. It because of all the little details that make it stand out.

Team vs
Co-op
Speed run
Sound and light show (custom music).

If it didn’t have all those extra special features, it’d still be great but maybe not as great.

#19 51 days ago

A collection any size from one game to infinity would fit a TNA.

Unknown (resized).jpg
#20 51 days ago

not sure your question and your problem are related.

If TNA is mostly fun to you as a 'multiplayer' game...

Then the question is not, "How many other pins should I own?" The Question should be, "What other pins are good single player experiences for me?" Otherwise it does not matter how many you have, they will eventually get boring like TNA did.

#21 51 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have been to some parties with large collections, 15-20 pins. All had a TNA and I never once saw anyone playing it. The parties did have some casual players, but no one showed much interest in it. I enjoy it when I do get to flip it, but not sure I would want it in my collection.

TNA is a party game! I sold mine but if I had friends(sad face) that came over regularly I’m sure I would’ve kept it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside