Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NoQuarters
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one goes for Iron Maiden”

• Spider-Man original 19 votes
      14%
    • Game of Thrones pro 41 votes
      30%
      56%

(136 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I can only have 4 pins in my basement due to space and in order for me to get a new game, one has to go. I really like the shots and layout in Iron Maiden, used to be a huge fan of their music, new stuff not so much, so this pin has it all for me. I have been content with my current line up for a while now and I hate to think about which one I would sell first. MET is one of my favorites so that one is not going anywhere and I guess it’s hard between SM, GOT, and Avatar. I know most would say Avatar right a way but mine is such a beauty and you don’t see them on location much so I feel if I got rid of that one I would miss it. In fact I think I would miss all of them, so what one would you get rid of?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I can only have 4 pins in my basement due to space and in order for me to get a new game, one has to go. I really like the shots and layout in Iron Maiden, used to be a huge fan of their music, new stuff not so much, so this pin has it all for me. I have been content with my current line up for a while now and I hate to think about which one I would sell first. MET is one of my favorites so that one is not going anywhere and I guess it’s hard between SM, GOT, and Avatar. I know most would say Avatar right a way but mine is such a beauty and you don’t see them on location much so I feel if I got rid of that one I would miss it. In fact I think I would miss all of them, so what one would you get rid of?

Just wait. I base that on my theory that you should NEVER sell a game you still enjoy playing. So wait a year. Iron Maiden will still be available, and by that time you may be tired of one of your current games.

#3 5 years ago

Come on man...just start a new poll now with 1 choice - Avatar

#4 5 years ago

I vote avatar but if it's in such nice shape that you would regret selling it then I vote GOT you can probably get another easily if you want in the future.

#5 5 years ago

Avatar gets a lot of shit for only having one ramp but stacking modes with multiball really gets this game rocking. Plus the call outs and sound are pretty good. Is INMD way better than Avatar? probably so, but sometimes different (Avatar) is good.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Avatar gets a lot of shit for ...

absolutely sucking; and rightfully so.

Look if you don;t want to get rid of Avatar that's fine, then don't list it because it's going to win my a lot.

#7 5 years ago

Nice contribution to the thread.

#8 5 years ago

I voted for game of thrones pro , only because if you regret your decision and would like to get the game you sell back into your collection it seems as though game of thrones would be the easiest to get back .

#9 5 years ago

Just get rid if the one that you play the least. I love my GOT but for whatever reason i find myself playing it the least of all my games here lately so if i were facing the same dilemma as you are, i would have to consider letting it go even if it is a better game than other ones that i have. If its not being played much then replace it with a game that you will play alot. Regardless of which game you choose to let go, you are going to be playing IMDN way more than the game that leaves so its going to be a good trade no matter what.

#10 5 years ago

Got, because it’s prob easiest to replace if you change your mind.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm pretty sure Avatar will be the one to go. I always like to finish a game before I get rid of it and I have not done that on any of my current games. I have seen the final wizard modes on all of them but haven't yet completely "beat" them.

#12 5 years ago

I know how you feel. I have a 4 game collection and needed to sell one to buy Iron Maiden.
    I just played all my games for about a month a bunch to pick the one to go. Then I played that one until I was sick of it.

Good luck
    RVH

Edit: sorry I did not vote in the pole.

#13 5 years ago

A kidney.

#14 5 years ago

Yeah I hear ya, there not gonna get any cheaper though. That’s the problem, you wait a year and the price will be $5800.

#15 5 years ago

You have a wife or any kids you don't need anymore ?

LTG : )

#16 5 years ago

Make some room somehow. Must be some way to get a 5th pin in the basement.

If you are that torn and can't possibly squeeze one in downstairs, add one pin upstairs. If the wife hollers she will get over it - eventually. Maybe.

Buy the Iron maiden and put it in your living room or something. Just get rid of a piece of furniture and put the new pin upstairs.

#17 5 years ago

Probably sell got pro bc that wld be easy to get back if u wanted it.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have a wife or any kids you don't need anymore ?
    LTG : )

Ive heard that hobby hits the wallet hard

#19 5 years ago

You could wear a wig and sell your ass or am I being too cross.

#20 5 years ago

Show some pics of your basement, we don't believe only 4 pins fit.

#21 5 years ago

I vote GOT, oh and dining rooms are a waste of space.

#22 5 years ago

Iron Maiden will most likely still be on the line in a year. If that is too long then wait 6 months. Right after the new year. Then decide which pin goes. Then get Iron Maiden nib and enjoy.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Iron Maiden will most likely still be on the line in a year.

3 years has been how long most new Stern games will be in for production for before it falls off the production list.

#24 5 years ago

Great comments. My basement is a jam room as well, so drums, amps and guitars fill the balance. Dining rooms are overrated I agree but that’s the wife’s room.

#25 5 years ago

Based on what you've stated, Spider-Man is the game to go.

IMDN will more than make up for it in your lineup. Enjoy!

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Great comments. My basement is a jam room as well, so drums, amps and guitars fill the balance. Dining rooms are overrated I agree but that’s the wife’s room.

Jam less, flip more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-sell-to-get-iron-maiden?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.