Anybody play a Nugent? Very few reviews

By ThePostmaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Nugent Stern Electronics, 1978

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BadBrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago

I enjoy playing my Nugent pinball. Totally agree that it is just crying out to be playing Nugent songs, so I added that ability to mine and it makes for a much more involving experience. However I think the standard sound effects are very comparable to other early solid state machines - and I do like the pop bumper sound.

My playfield is clean and waxed and the rebuilt flippers are nice and strong, and I have it set at a decent angle, so it plays fast and fun, just like all the other Classic Sterns are reputed to. I did play one at the museum in Baltimore that was set up at a slow angle and it really played like a dog compared to what I'm used to on mine.

The theme is obviously not for everyone but some like it and it certainly can be a fun, challenging basic pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BadBrick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-pay-for-a-huo-nugent?tu=BadBrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.