bonanza_bg_007_(resized).jpg
bonanza_bg_004_(resized).jpg
Chick-digs-crazy-font_(resized).jpg
Toot_(resized).jpg
Williams1_(resized).jpg
Williams2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20151129_162800_384_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xgizzle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Need opinions from the EM crowd. Bringing a barn decayed Shangri-La back from the dead. Should I just leave the gaping holes and cover it with triple thick or should I least first try to paint in the big areas that I am able to do without making it look crappy? I know there are places that restores these but I'm thinking short term. I got this thing dirt cheap and a pro backglass restore job is not in the budget at the moment(maybe later).

#2 8 years ago

Sorry pic did not go up.

IMG_20151129_162800_384_(resized).jpgIMG_20151129_162800_384_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Xgizzle you are probably aware of the section on the cling wrap trick here:
http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/index1.htm#wrap
but just in case you're not, its works and can save more peeling paint.
Good luck

I glanced through this once before. I shall go through it more carefully.

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

You'll want to seal it first and then do any restoration on top of the clear seal.

I am glad you said that, I thought it was the other way around. I thought that was the final step.

Quoted from chris_silver:

Agreed. Find some scrap glass and practice a bit first. Paint your colors on the test piece and compare. When your comfortable you can turn your hat backwards and have at it.

Thanks for the advice I will try this.

Thank you all for the input.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I have an old EM gun game with a backglass about in the same shape. I got someone to send me some high res pics of their game and printed out the sections that are bad on mine onto plain paper and taped it to the back of the backglass after sealing it with tripple thick first. It looks pretty good. Most people don't notice it unless I point it out. I think it looks much better than some that I tried to repaint with brushes. I don't have an air brush to try that. I would guess an air brush would look better. But this is a quick and easy way to fix it and easily reversible as well. The only hard part was getting the size right. I had to adjust the print size a few times to get it to line up correctly. But once I got the correct size it was easy to print out the sections needed.

That is a good idea I may have to look into. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xgizzle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-do-with-this-backglass?tu=xgizzle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.