IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).JPG
IMG_0802 (resized).JPG
IMG_0801 (resized).JPG
IMG_0800 (resized).JPG
IMG_0797 (resized).JPG
IMG_0799 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

First off, I should have posted this in pinball horror pics. But I cleaned all the corn stalks, sticks and leaves out of the playfield and bottom cabinet before I thought about it. That alone almost filled two five gallon buckets. This came out of a barn and I probably should have left it there.

Anyway, what should I do with this? Part it out? Find another bottom cabinet? Send it along to some other masochist? Backbox is OK. The playfield looks like it's in good shape, except for some wear around the 6 bonus insert. Some rust on a lot of metal. Some flaking on the bottom of the backglass. I plugged it in, and the GI and the neon works. The MPU has no corrosion and boots on the bench, so the machine would probably work, but the power supply is missing the 5v. What do you guys think?

P.s. I Novused around the bonus area just to see what it looked like, so it looks a lot cleaner than the rest of the playfield.

IMG_0797 (resized).JPGIMG_0797 (resized).JPGIMG_0798 (resized).JPGIMG_0798 (resized).JPGIMG_0799 (resized).JPGIMG_0799 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0800 (resized).JPGIMG_0801 (resized).JPGIMG_0801 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

I have a zaccaria bottom cabinet. It's actually for pool champion but should all be the same.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a zaccaria bottom cabinet. It's actually for pool champion but should all be the same.

Was just thinking "He should talk to CaptainNeo or Trillogy".

#4 3 years ago

Would post this to the Zaccaria club thread!
Sure you would find your answer there!
See you have been offered a bottom cabinet for this

#5 3 years ago

none of the wiring was damaged in that back corner?

#6 3 years ago

Miraculously, no. None of the wiring looks damaged anywhere on the machine. I might take you up on the cabinet offer. I wonder what shipping would be?

#7 3 years ago

Cheaper to build your own cabinet than pay for shipping.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Bodean:

First off, I should have posted this in pinball horror pics. But I cleaned all the corn stalks, sticks and leaves out of the playfield and bottom cabinet before I thought about it. That alone almost filled two five gallon buckets. This came out of a barn and I probably should have left it there.
Anyway, what should I do with this? Part it out? Find another bottom cabinet? Send it along to some other masochist? Backbox is OK. The playfield looks like it's in good shape, except for some wear around the 6 bonus insert. Some rust on a lot of metal. Some flaking on the bottom of the backglass. I plugged it in, and the GI and the neon works. The MPU has no corrosion and boots on the bench, so the machine would probably work, but the power supply is missing the 5v. What do you guys think?
P.s. I Novused around the bonus area just to see what it looked like, so it looks a lot cleaner than the rest of the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you were closer I’d be driving there right now. I picked up a far worse, underwhelming 4 Aces that had several generations of mice including a whole mummified family inside it. It was nasty.
Still working on it, and I just got my absolutely trashed Stop N Go working properly.
I love basket cases, lots of surprises and fun to get them working.

#9 3 years ago

Actually from what you did on the bottom area it looks like the play field will clean up rather nicely. Couple pieces of plywood and some paint and the cabinet could be fixed and repainted. If it were my machine I think I'd take on the challenge and make it a players machine

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from the9gman:

Actually from what you did on the bottom area it looks like the play field will clean up rather nicely. Couple pieces of plywood and some paint and the cabinet could be fixed and repainted. If it were my machine I think I'd take on the challenge and make it a players machine

If memory serves cab needs to be screen printed. No way to make it correct unless someone has screens

#11 3 years ago

in that condition unless you want to do a full restore its only 3 colors so I think I would go with stencils. Would still be better than some of the machines I've seen on ebay

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from the9gman:

in that condition unless you want to do a full restore its only 3 colors so I think I would go with stencils. Would still be better than some of the machines I've seen on ebay

sorry stencils don't work on zacs. The detail work is insanely fine. Never would happen and look presentable. Only way he could do it, is with full printed decals. wouldn't look original, but would be closer than trying to stencil it. There is a reason I had a full set of screens made for robot.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sorry stencils don't work on zacs. The detail work is insanely fine. Never would happen and look presentable. Only way he could do it, is with full printed decals. wouldn't look original, but would be closer than trying to stencil it. There is a reason I had a full set of screens made for robot.

Because you’re crazy?

#14 3 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to build a cabinet. So sourcing one would be my only option. Unless, maybe a cabinet maker could replace the side, back, and bottom? I'll get in touch with Neo and see how feasible that option is. I hate parting out machines, so that would be the last option.

I've also had a couple people express interest in the whole machine. I'll think about it for a couple of days and see what direction I want to go. Thanks for everybodys input. Decisions, decisions..........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-do-with-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.