You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PiratesExercises.jpg
378105-1371490243-327083.jpg
dieter_2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a HUO low play POTC. Not sure what I should do right away to it to make sure it stays preserved and if there are any good mods or what not for the game. Any advice appreciated, thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Check out Back Alley Creations, they have a bunch of mods for POTC

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

Click pinball add-ons, then POTC

LEDs of course are a good idea and maybe pinball toppers for speaker grill/speaker light kits.

http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

#3 10 years ago

congrats on the pickup.

#4 10 years ago

Back Alley Creations that thing!!! All of Matt's mods for that game are a must.

Congrats on a great game

#5 10 years ago

Play it.

#6 10 years ago

Beat me to it..

#7 10 years ago

Take the sneeze guard off. Add up the amount of monies you would spend on mods and put that towards the next game.

I would always try a few LEDs in the inserts though to see if they look better/need them.

#8 10 years ago

Send it to Davey Jones locker! ARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr

#9 10 years ago

Solid advice from epthegeek and TheLaw. Enjoy!

#10 10 years ago

I think I will play it now that you guys mention it.... what about installing any protectors and such? Or is that just a waste of time...

#11 10 years ago

All LEDs , topper, play!

#12 10 years ago

Take the sneeze guard off for sure. I have many of the back alley mods. The cannon is great.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Just picked up a HUO low play POTC

I think you got a great deal. I saw this pin on Denver CL. You beat me to it. Have fun .

#14 10 years ago

Thanks Rob, got lucky and saw one first for once, never happens... And yeah Moj those mods look fun, have to try em out.

#15 10 years ago

Great game, I would love to have one of these in my collection....well done!

#16 10 years ago

Play it, pimp it, add a shaker.
Lieber mein minke!

dieter_2.jpgdieter_2.jpg

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Just picked up a HUO low play POTC. Not sure what I should do right away to it to make sure it stays preserved and if there are any good mods or what not for the game. Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Sell it and put a good game in its spot, IMO its a bowl swirler..

JK hope you enjoy it

#19 10 years ago

Best mod I ever added to the game was the cannon LEDs. Easy to install and very cool.

- Don

#20 10 years ago

Contact Neo on the forums here and have him paint your chest

Other than putting the barbosa cannon in ours, painting the chest is the only thing we've done so far and what a difference!

378105-1371490243-327083.jpg378105-1371490243-327083.jpg

#21 10 years ago

it does not need anything.
those cannon mods balls get stuck from normal outlane drains on those and air balls also get stuck on them.

there is no need to add anything to the game. mods only interfere with game play.

leds in the game make it hard to see as the game has many times where all lights shut off including GI. so, when leds go on and off..its like a giant strobe killing your eyes.

#22 10 years ago

Set it on freeplay, press start, enjoy.

#23 10 years ago

Clean and wax the playfield. Replace any worn rubber, burnt bulbs, and lamps that are out.

Keep it classy, and don't cheapen it by making it look like a Honda civic with underbody neon by sticking a bunch of too bright LEDs all over the game.

If you do go that route, don't forget a handful of tree air fresheners, chrome door edge trim, curb feelers and chromed out coin door

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Like a Corvette, keep it factory original. Play and enjoy one of the best games Stern manufactured, and congrats on the purchase.

#25 10 years ago

Thanks everyone, good tips, i'll see how I like it stock for a bit... so now I have 3 pins where you sink ships, Waterworld, Black Rose, Pirates of the Carribean... and I have a Baywatch (ocean theme). Are there any more pirate ship type pins?

#26 10 years ago

Best mod for POTC.......black pinballs. They look like cannonballs and are a cheap add on. I also got the cannon mod for over the shooter lane so it looks like the balls are fired out of it.

#27 10 years ago

you cant see the black pinballs when the gi lights go in and out . very hard to see in darker room.
tried it, doesnt work.

ive played potc probably more than anyone on the planet. ive owned it, played many many others in home settings, location and tournament settings. with led, mods, black balls.
they do not play as well compared to an original machine.
any of the balls NON stock do not roll, bounce,move the same as a normal pinball.
leave it stock.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Are there any more pirate ship type pins?

Hook (Data East 1992) and Pirate Gold (Chicago Coin 1969) come to mind

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Hook (Data East 1992) and Pirate Gold (Chicago Coin 1969) come to mind

How could you forget Buccaneer? (Mid-70's GTB EM)

Agree with suggestions to play and enjoy, don't bother with plastic toys. Also (as with any game) take notes (mental or on paper) of any 'bad' bounces, flaky switches, etc. as you play. Then take the glass off after a few games and adjust whatever isn't smooth to make it so. Then play and enjoy some more!

#30 10 years ago

How could you forget Buccaneer? (Mid-70's GTB EM)

Good call....should have remembered that one

PiratesExercises.jpgPiratesExercises.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-do-to-a-stock-potc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.