(Topic ID: 45340)

What should I do about this? (Playfield damage)

By copperpot

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How should I fix this weird playfield damage on TSPP?”

• Don't, its not a big deal, when you sell it, drop the price by $XXX dollars (how much should I drop the price?) 5 votes
    10%
  • Color Match and Spot Clear (what's your recommended paint brand/type and clear solution?) 28 votes
    54%
  • Pay someone to do it. You are neither handy nor artistic, Copperpot. 1 vote
    2%
  • Don't mention it, sell it, maybe the next sucker won't notice. 1 vote
    2%
  • Whoever chose the option above is a d-bag, don't listen to them. 2 votes
    4%
  • F**KING BURN IT, WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. 15 votes
    29%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TSPP_(9_of_58).jpg
#1 11 years ago

I found an... issue, with my TSPP while I was cleaning up a TSPP I recently acquired. It's a small gouge above the right flipper inlane. It doesn't affect gameplay. I'm considering just patching it up and clearing it (I can do some color matching and spot clear, shouldn't be too hard given the location), but I figured I'd throw this out to the pinside wolves and see what the general consensus is first...

Advice Appreciated, but potentially ignored .

-Wes

TSPP_(9_of_58).jpgTSPP_(9_of_58).jpg

#2 11 years ago

Tiny spot easy fix - you can do it.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Tiny spot easy fix - you can do it.

So far the votes are tied between 'Fix it' and 'BURN IT DOWN'.

#4 11 years ago

put a small circle of Mylar over it. I did that to a similar blemish on my TRS.

#5 11 years ago

That really is a tiny spot. I might drop a tiny bit of water thin super glue and buff it out to prevent it from getting worse. If I was doing a total teardown and planned on doing a full restore looks like an easy touch up. I've seen some bad touch ups, this one is probably better left untouched.

#6 11 years ago

I'd put a little dab of color matched paint or a paint pen personally. That looks really small, I would think spot clearing might make it more obvious.

#7 11 years ago

Alright, the votes are in. Luckily, the winner by a fair margin is 'fix it yourself'. I have a friend pretty proficient at doing this type of work so I think I'll enlist his help to make sure I don't screw it up...

-Wes

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 11 years ago

I'd do a full teardown and clear coat. I'm a little anal, though, and think of every machine I own as an investment. I also have the skills, pin rotisserie, and shop to do it myself.

#9 11 years ago

Hey,

Not to derail this, put this is what I enjoy about pinball (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). A bunch of guys who are all of the mind, "I have a spot on that machine that's the size of the tip of a pencil, and that spot needs to be GONE." I'd color match, but don't know if I have the guts to spot clear anything I do quite yet. FIX IT!

Luke

#10 11 years ago

just play it

#11 11 years ago

Color match with enamel paint. Enamel is pretty hard wearing and for a tiny spot that size shouldn't need clearing

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Color match with enamel paint. Enamel is pretty hard wearing and for a tiny spot that size shouldn't need clearing

+1

Then put a little mylar over it if you want.

#13 11 years ago

I'd cover it with mylar for now. Then, at a later date when you decide to do a complete teardown and playfield restore, take care of it then.

For now, protect it to make sure it doesn't get worse and just play the dang thing!

#14 11 years ago

that's so small. Easy fix. I'd either spot color it or just ignore it all together. If you plan on selling I'd mention in the ad if you don't fix it. It probably won't even hurt the value to the right person, a lot of the more casual buyers out there won't even care about that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-i-do-about-this-playfield-damage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.