(Topic ID: 133665)

what should i buy next? Ironman? TZ? IJ?

By rcbrown316

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150801_173014.jpg
20150801_172949.jpg
unnamed_13.jpg
unnamed_14.jpg
unnamed_12.jpg
unnamed_9.jpg
unnamed_8.jpg
unnamed_7.jpg
unnamed_6.jpg
unnamed_4.jpg
car.jpg
jeep_1_2014_pic4.jpg
20150528_082449_zpssxiukdpp.jpg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

as i mentioned before I have brought in 27 different titles only 3 of which I had ever played so the feedback and reviews are critical in my decision making process

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If you got sick of SM fast, I bet it will be the same with IM. It's a super fast game, but not worth the price it commands IMO. Just wasn't enough to keep me interested other than trying to catch lightning in a bottle. My GF was pretty disappointed you hardly ever hear Tony Starks voice too. It is kind of weird.
TZ and IJ offer way more, just not sure speed is one of them comparing to IM.

Thanks man. I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I do have plenty of speed in my collection for sure. I'm affraid what will happen is that if I bring in an iron man I will be comparing it to afm which is probably not fair to IM. The reason I am considering IM is because it does tend to get good reviews from most people and i didn't want to let my disappointment with SM to limit me from trying another stern

#53 4 years ago

this is now in the mix. looks like they jump from about 5500 up to 11k. I'm more of a 5500 kinda guy. can the pro be modded to look like the other. gotta have those lighted ramps for sure

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

this is now in the mix. looks like they jump from about 5500 up to 11k. I'm more of a 5500 kinda guy. can the pro be modded to look like the other. gotta have those lighted ramps for sure

I own a pro, so I'm allowed to say this. They are different games. No matter what I put on my pro (currently installing a bunch of stuff and shopping it), it is still a pro. The LE has drops instead of the 4 standups on the left, and software differences (Daft Punk multiball, some call outs that are not there on the pro). And I always find the side ramp shot easier on the LE (I never understood why, but it seems HUGE on the LE). But both are fun games. I think the pro plays faster, but that may be that most of the time I play an LE it is setup easier than mine. Overall I think the game is a keeper, but your mileage may vary. It is always that opening shot that I love (plunge to the upper flipper, up the side ramp to the left flipper, up the right orbit, back through the side ramp, and into the scoop from the left flipper for a nice big End Of Line bonus... and it is very rare for me to do it, but I try on every plunge.

And a big reason Tron stays is that every once in a while, I try to get back to Portal Multiball. I've been to the Portal exactly once on my game since I bought it in January of 2012. So I've been at it 3.5 years, and it still remains out of reach for me most of the time. That is exactly how I like my games. I can complete any of the objectives if I try, but I can't do them all in one game. In Tron I can get to SOS, but I'll gag on one of the shots when the pressure mounts that this might be the game I finally get back to the Portal.... and then I'm swearing at the game as I'm hitting the start button.

#55 4 years ago

I had a nice TZ and sold it about a year ago. Regretted it ever since and have since repurchased. I have owned both an IM & TZ and would for sure tip my hat to TZ. IM was a fun game, but for my small collection, it just didn't keep as interested as TZ does. I am a big sucker for toys and gimmicks, though.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I own a pro, so I'm allowed to say this. They are different games. No matter what I put on my pro (currently installing a bunch of stuff and shopping it), it is still a pro. The LE has drops instead of the 4 standups on the left, and software differences (Daft Punk multiball, some call outs that are not there on the pro). And I always find the side ramp shot easier on the LE (I never understood why, but it seems HUGE on the LE). But both are fun games. I think the pro plays faster, but that may be that most of the time I play an LE it is setup easier than mine. Overall I think the game is a keeper, but your mileage may vary. It is always that opening shot that I love (plunge to the upper flipper, up the side ramp to the left flipper, up the right orbit, back through the side ramp, and into the scoop from the left flipper for a nice big End Of Line bonus... and it is very rare for me to do it, but I try on every plunge.
And a big reason Tron stays is that every once in a while, I try to get back to Portal Multiball. I've been to the Portal exactly once on my game since I bought it in January of 2012. So I've been at it 3.5 years, and it still remains out of reach for me most of the time. That is exactly how I like my games. I can complete any of the objectives if I try, but I can't do them all in one game. In Tron I can get to SOS, but I'll gag on one of the shots when the pressure mounts that this might be the game I finally get back to the Portal.... and then I'm swearing at the game as I'm hitting the start button.

that's fuggin fantastic. I just felt the dracula feeling when I read that. There is this ironman right here for the taking but now I really need to consider tron instead. I think just the appearance of the game coupled with descriptions like this put it ahead of IM. what does it take to make those ramps light up on a pro? not sure the drops and software stuff is worth 3.5k to me if the game plays just as good and I can light those ramps up

#57 4 years ago

My preference is TeeZee. But this is really up to you. Play them and then decide which one you like the best.

But the best answer is all 3. HA!

#58 4 years ago

IM way better than TZ or IJ in my opinion. IM is far better at making you want to keep pushing the start button than either TZ or especially IJ.

#59 4 years ago

IM ...... I got tired of SM quickly too, though I had an IJ for 15+ years before trading it off

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

IM ...... I got tired of SM quickly too, though I had an IJ for 15+ years before trading it off

wait so you got tired of spidey but not IM? that's encouraging.

#61 4 years ago

" There is this ironman right here for the taking "

What are you waiting for? Go grab it! if you don't like it sell it & then move on to IJ or TZ

#62 4 years ago

One thing Iron Man does really well is it keeps you coming back for one more game. It is very similar to Bram Stokers Dracula in its character, challenge and personality.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

that's fuggin fantastic. I just felt the dracula feeling when I read that. There is this ironman right here for the taking but now I really need to consider tron instead. I think just the appearance of the game coupled with descriptions like this put it ahead of IM. what does it take to make those ramps light up on a pro? not sure the drops and software stuff is worth 3.5k to me if the game plays just as good and I can light those ramps up

I own BSD as well, so I can compare it to IM and Tron (I have all 3).

BSD is similar to IM in the fact that they both have simple rulesets and they are both brutal games. I keep them both because although similar in some regards, they feel very different playing them. But in the end I'm trying for a single objective (Do or Die Hurryup, or "Thirrrrttyyyy Milllionnnnnn"), and I can have bad game after bad game until I put it together and get a huge rush of victory. They are just nasty until they give you a big hug.

Tron is more about flow to me. When you are in sync with the game the ball almost moves by thought along. That opening shot I said before, or when you are getting the super to light Quorra solid. Or hitting the combos for Light Cycle. It feels light and flowy. Completing a mode in it feels very rewarding when it lights up solid. I go back and forth on disk multiball, but I like the latest version with the restart. I wasn't completing it enough in the older software, so the restart gives you a fighting chance. And as I said before, the call of the Portal. I could make my setup easier to get there, but where is the fun in that.

All three of them will suffer in an easy setup. BSD is downright boring when easy. And I firmly believe that IM needs to be unfair to be fun. Tron sort of falls in the middle. It needs to have an edge, but not too sharp or you miss the flow.

And all three are great games. I know simpler games get knocked, but they have their place. Not every game needs to be a massive quest.

For the Tron ramps... http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

#64 4 years ago

Let's keep this simple. Go buy the IM. Play it.

If you grow to love it, keep it. If not, it's easy to sell....

I really enjoy my IM. Feels different than any game I've ever owned. I did find that I needed to mod some color and flash into it to make it more appealing to the senses...but it is an awesome game.

#65 4 years ago

Personally I love these type of threads, keep them coming. I have IM and it's good but I would rate my ST, Indy 500 and Mustang higher.

Good luck.

#67 4 years ago

I think he's made his choice he has a wtb ad for TZ, all good choices but I love me some TZ!

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

wait so you got tired of spidey but not IM? that's encouraging.

Yes, I only kept SM a year or so ...... I liked the game but didn't love it. IM I bought cheap to play during the summer, then sell/trade for something else that fall. That was 3+ yrs ago and its still in the gameroom getting regular play. I think the software on it is fine tuned perfectly, and the fast pace with a simpler layout makes me continue to play it. I may buy another SM in the future, but no way is IM going anywhere

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think he's made his choice he has a wtb ad for TZ, all good choices but I love me some TZ!

the deal is done! Crispin sold me his. the thing is a beauty! I will post a few pics shortly

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

the deal is done! Crispin sold me his. the thing is a beauty! I will post a few pics shortly

Uff, you picked the wrong one dude...hope you don;t mind selling it in 30 days!

Just kidding, congrats!

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff, you picked the wrong one dude...hope you don;t mind selling it in 30 days!
Just kidding, congrats!

wtf! lol. good one man. check these pics out. unless he's lying and sending me fake pics I think I picked the right one

unnamed_4.jpg

unnamed_6.jpg

unnamed_7.jpg

unnamed_8.jpg

unnamed_9.jpg

unnamed_12.jpg

unnamed_14.jpg

unnamed_13.jpg

#72 4 years ago

Looks fantastic! Please let us all know what you think of the game when you get a session in. I think you'll love it!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Looks fantastic! Please let us all know what you think of the game when you get a session in. I think you'll love it!

i have no doubt I am going to like it. i have it on pinball arcade on my ps3. that is a great tool to evaluate games before you buy, or more importanly, don't buy.

1 week later
#74 4 years ago

I hate TZ on Pinball Arcade, but love it in real life. Yours looks like a great example.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I hate TZ on Pinball Arcade, but love it in real life. Yours looks like a great example.

awfully glad you just posted this cuz I played it last night on arcade and walked away feeling like "no big deal" that was after getting 28 million or billion (whichever one is realsitic) on funhouse. same feeling. funhouse is arriving tonight at 6 and TZ tomorrow between 10 and 1

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

awfully glad you just posted this cuz I played it last night on arcade and walked away feeling like "no big deal" that was after getting 28 million or billion (whichever one is realsitic) on Funhouse. same feeling. Funhouse is arriving tonight at 6 and TZ tomorrow between 10 and 1

Sounds like you won't be playing Pinball Arcade for a while now!

#77 4 years ago

I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. THIS GAME IS AWESOME. THANKS TO CRISPIN FOR SELLING ME A GEM. I TWEAKED UP A FEW THINGS AND CHANGED OUT THE LEDS TO MATCH MY TASTES.

20150801_172949.jpg

20150801_173014.jpg

#78 4 years ago

you bought a game from Crispin Glover. Did you have him sign it?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you bought a game from Crispin Glover. Did you have him sign it?

I tried...

#80 4 years ago

You think that is out there. You should hear his music CD he put out. I play it for everyone that hasn't heard it. I can't tell if he's bat shit crazy, or it's all part of his style.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
$ 22.50
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside