10562722-the-jerky-boys-pinball-the-frank-rizzo-level (resized).jpg
0a5ff9b9c1e50774f604c132dcd10c2a9f4d003b (resized).jpg
c72f1fabeb0bc2138fa936a6c95638aaaacf5b2a (resized).jpg
matrix-phone-booth-scene-465x300.jpg
images (resized).jpg
phone.jpg
34FC0AAF-5CA0-47F1-8431-D87BFE478AC9 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190502-063547 (resized).png

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

What Should Dialed In be Rethemed To?

Nuff Said Bub!

Dialed In to me is Stern's Family Guy.

Pick a theme that would translate well.

#2 4 years ago

The movie "Phone Booth."

#3 4 years ago

bill and teds excellent adventure.

#4 4 years ago

Boobs, skiing, and 1980s music!

#5 4 years ago

"Legends of Tomorrow"

#6 4 years ago

Experts of Dangerous

although it's currently fits the Disaster Trilogy well.

#8 4 years ago

Sim city 2000

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The movie "Phone Booth."

Dr Who is another possibility then.

#10 4 years ago

Back to the future.

Please, can JJP or Stern come with a proper BTTF machine....

#11 4 years ago

“Can you hear me now”?

#12 4 years ago

1989 Keaton Batman. Although I honestly believe it could be turned into any theme and it would be better than Dialed in. Whatever the theme, a few things needs to happen.......get rid of the phone monitor completely, get rid of the moving character. Both of these elements are awkward.

#13 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190502-063547 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190502-063547 (resized).png
#14 4 years ago
34FC0AAF-5CA0-47F1-8431-D87BFE478AC9 (resized).jpeg34FC0AAF-5CA0-47F1-8431-D87BFE478AC9 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

A proper phone-based game

phone.jpgphone.jpg
#16 4 years ago

No rethemes! Not at today's prices, no way. Original designs only please. Let all games stand on their own and each be unique.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What Should Dialed In be Rethemed To?
Nuff Said Bub!
Dialed In to me is Stern's Family Guy.
Pick a theme that would translate well.

Willy Wonka

#19 4 years ago

All Dialed In owners hate this idea for obvious reasons. A Toy Story retheme doesn’t help the value of Dialed In.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No rethemes! ...Original designs only please.

Why can't the retheme also be an original design?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sim city 2000

THIS. Simcity is the perfect retheme for this game because Simcity has a city to save from disasters just like dialed in. Also most of us grew up playing simcity.

#22 4 years ago

Honestly, the theme haters are out of control with groupthink. Let’s take a perfectly great game and turn it into a stupid movie that no one gives a crap about anymore. If all the theme haters have played the game and have seen all that it has to offer and still feel this way my hats off to you, but I doubt most if any have actually achieved some of these levels or you wouldn’t have these opinions.

Gimme a break. Open your minds.

#23 4 years ago

JACKED UP it would fill the spots perfectly

#24 4 years ago

Matlock...Barnaby Jones....kojak....Cagney and Lacy....magnum PI....pick any 70s/80s tv detective show and slap it on there. Licensing should be cheap and they would go well with Aerosmith and ACdC pins for all the old farts

#25 4 years ago

Change name to Chaos in Quantum City. Best shooting pin around

#26 4 years ago

Dialed In is a fantastic game.

The haters are just starting to look dumb at this point.

Edit: Case in point below.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

A good playing game with a dumb telephone theme. ANYTHING else would be a better theme.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago

Matrix?

matrix-phone-booth-scene-465x300.jpgmatrix-phone-booth-scene-465x300.jpg
#29 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

A good playing game with a dumb telephone theme. ANYTHING else would be a better theme.[quoted image]

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this has been covered 1000X.

Dialed In is not a "cell phone theme". One of the many toys in the game is a cell phone. And it's actually a badass toy.

#30 4 years ago

Blasphemy

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No rethemes! Not at today's prices, no way. Original designs only please. Let all games stand on their own and each be unique.

Original is overrated I would love to see TZ upper playfield redone

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Dialed In is not a "cell phone theme". One of the many toys in the game is a cell phone. And it's actually a badass toy.

The man holding a phone is in the center of the playfield on the side art and the flyer. The game has a selfie mode as well as a emoji mode last the name is "dialed in" the game is about a phone.

0a5ff9b9c1e50774f604c132dcd10c2a9f4d003b (resized).jpg0a5ff9b9c1e50774f604c132dcd10c2a9f4d003b (resized).jpgc72f1fabeb0bc2138fa936a6c95638aaaacf5b2a (resized).jpgc72f1fabeb0bc2138fa936a6c95638aaaacf5b2a (resized).jpg
#34 4 years ago

Duh, this is an easy one.

iPhone.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Edit: Case in point below.

The deniers seem to have a hard time enjoying there game while admitting what the true theme is

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I'm entitled to my opinion just like you. I disagree with you and think it is a ridiculous toy. I also don't watch Game of Thrones and don't care much for GOT either, and I can't stand KISS - the band or the either of the machines. I can be a grumpy old man and prefer my old school themes such as RFM (which many don't even consider a true pinball machine because of the video monitor) I like Fish Tales, Taxi, Pinbot, Secret Service and many many others. Sorry I don't like your Dialed In.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm entitled to my opinion just like you. I disagree with you and think it is a ridiculous toy. I also don't watch Game of Thrones and don't care much for GOT either, and I can't stand KISS - the band or the either of the machines. I can be a grumpy old man and prefer my old school themes such as RFM (which many don't even consider a true pinball machine because of the video monitor) I like Fish Tales, Taxi, Pinbot, Secret Service and many many others. Sorry I don't like your Dialed In.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but saying that Dialed In is a "telephone theme" isn't your opinion. It's just a false statement. If I say Medieval Madness is a My Little Pony theme, that's not an opinion, I would just be wrong.

#38 4 years ago

Quantum City Chaos. Tweak the art a little, maybe lose the ramp diverter lady. I don't see how it's fun in any way to knock the ball off a habitrail and awkwardly roll it down a clear plastic. Maybe there was too much flow for Pat.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but saying that Dialed In is a "telephone theme" isn't your opinion. It's just a false statement. If I say Medieval Madness is a My Little Pony theme, that's not an opinion, I would just be wrong.

Ummm... Dialed In is totally a phone themed game dude. Just because you do other things in it doesn't change that. It has a phone toy, a phone name and phone art.

I know JJP missed their demographic but it being a phone themed game doesn't make it bad.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

saying that Dialed In is a "telephone theme" isn't your opinion. It's just a false statement.

There's a guy holding up a cell phone on the center of the flyer. There is a telephone on the playfield. Cell phone interaction is a feature. The name of the game is DIALED in. It's not a false statement at all. If you were to say Medieval Madness is a My Little Pony theme, you'd be hard pressed to find a My Little Pony anywhere on that game, so that is a ridiculous statement that makes no sense at all.

#41 4 years ago

Maybe instead of SIM cards, collect quantum chips to build a device that will battle the chaos to restore physics, or whatever. Anything but a dated mobile phone technology reference.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Quantum City Chaos. Tweak the art a little, maybe lose the ramp diverter lady. I don't see how it's fun in any way to knock the ball off a habitrail and awkwardly roll it down a clear plastic. Maybe there was too much flow for Pat.

I've never understood that diverter either.

#43 4 years ago

one of the best games ever made. leave it the hell alone!

#44 4 years ago
10562722-the-jerky-boys-pinball-the-frank-rizzo-level (resized).jpg10562722-the-jerky-boys-pinball-the-frank-rizzo-level (resized).jpg85e7dace9ecd16033aed9a4b2ebe814b (resized).png85e7dace9ecd16033aed9a4b2ebe814b (resized).png
#45 4 years ago

Retheme it with anything pre 1970's and call it "Curmudgeons Quest". The goal is to avoid new technology and themes at all costs.

#46 4 years ago

how about we leave name and theme the same, but we add a new disaster mode called „DI theme haters run amok“. In this mode you have to hit the phone scoop as many times as possible and each time you hit the phone scoop you have to smile for the camera, then your picture appears in an emoji floating across the screen. No smile, no points. You get extra points if you are wearing mom jeans.

#47 4 years ago

Like, how many SIM cards can one phone hold?

#48 4 years ago

Roadshow 2 : Ted's Helmet

#49 4 years ago

Uhh... Predator? The kid could be a Predator holding a human skull. When it takes your pic, it does it in Predator Vision. Make the cell phone a Predator wrist controller. Yadda yadda yadda.....

#50 4 years ago

The game is good. The name not so good. The playfield and cab artwork bad. It's okay to leave the focus on the weather (and other) disasters. Most of all re-do the artwork to replace the guy holding the cell phone with a hot looking TV weather girl drawn in the old pinball style (like the girl bowler on Strike and Spares or like Elvira on Elvira and the Party Monsters).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-dialed-in-be-rethemed-to?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.