10562722-the-jerky-boys-pinball-the-frank-rizzo-level (resized).jpg
0a5ff9b9c1e50774f604c132dcd10c2a9f4d003b (resized).jpg
c72f1fabeb0bc2138fa936a6c95638aaaacf5b2a (resized).jpg
matrix-phone-booth-scene-465x300.jpg
images (resized).jpg
phone.jpg
34FC0AAF-5CA0-47F1-8431-D87BFE478AC9 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190502-063547 (resized).png
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I cannot see any sense in retheming this game.
The title is quite good, the pin itself is an awfully good game.
I suppose that people who critisize the idea with the cellphone never played this pin.
First of all: This is a desaster pin with some absolutly new features as the camera which is a great and funny toy.

#52 4 years ago

I like Dialed In... really big fan of Pat.

But sometimes its just too freaking corny for me. Seriously a selfie mode... can't stand it. Emoji mode... ugh...

The game is a little too millennial at times so it doesn't fully click with me.

Game is smooth a butter though I wont lie...play it every-time I see one.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Joca:

I suppose that people who critisize the idea with the cellphone never played this pin.

I've played it, and enjoy it. Still a dorky theme.

Quoted from Joca:

First of all: This is a desaster pin

Except that it's called Dialed In, has a life-size ringing smartphone toy, SIM card collecting, selfie mode, emoji mode, and a guy holding up a phone on the cabinet and middle of the playfield. Aside from that it's a disaster game.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Ummm... Dialed In is totally a phone themed game dude. Just because you do other things in it doesn't change that. It has a phone toy, a phone name and phone art.
I know JJP missed their demographic but it being a phone themed game doesn't make it bad.

My god thats what DI fans don't get

#55 4 years ago

I won't say they conveyed it very well, but the 'dialed in' name that everyone keeps saying is about a phone, is actually about watching the news, youtube, etc - as in, dialed in to the TV and current events... Pat even said as much. It played on that by adding the phone idea as well as a term for getting the pinball machine itself set up perfectly..

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The 'dialed in' name that everyone keeps saying is about a phone is actually about watching the news.

Then have the artwork feature a busty weather girl reporting on the disasters (instead of some nondescript guy holding up a phone).

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I won't say they conveyed it very well, but the 'dialed in' name that everyone keeps saying is about a phone, is actually about watching the news, youtube, etc - as in, dialed in to the TV and current events... Pat even said as much. It played on that by adding the phone idea as well as a term for getting the pinball machine itself set up perfectly..

This argument would be stronger if there were no selfie emoji sim card last the guy holding a PHONE all over the game

#58 4 years ago

You guys are wayyy too wrapped up in the phone pic. Go play your pinballs.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Then have the artwork feature a busty weather girl reporting on the disasters (instead of some nondescript guy holding up a phone).

something tells me the days of 'busty' women on pinball are over for now.

#60 4 years ago

Oh my god little hater-girls.

Is it true?

Is this the biggest looser and shit thread in the history of Pinside?

While you hate Dialed In, I go and play another round on my Dialed In........my DIALED IN

DIALED IN DIALED IN DIALED IN DIALED IN

#61 4 years ago

Never question Master Lawlor , Dialed In is great as is.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I like Dialed In... really big fan of Pat.
But sometimes its just too freaking corny for me. Seriously a selfie mode... can't stand it. Emoji mode... ugh...
The game is a little too millennial at times so it doesn't fully click with me.
Game is smooth a butter though I wont lie...play it every-time I see one.

Spot on!

Quoted from Joca:

First of all: This is a desaster pin with some absolutly new features as the camera which is a great and funny toy.

Yes I've played this pin. And your spelling is "absolutely" a "disaster" so I am also going to "criticize" that too.

#63 4 years ago

Who gives a f if it has a cellphone in it anyway? I really don't see why people get so triggered over it.? It's one of the best games I've played/owned. Some features are a little corny/quirky but overall, it's a SOLID game.

I have never seen one episode of TWD....own the pin.
I hate Jon Depp. Didn't make it through the 1st movie....own the pin.
IMDN music is pure crap to my ears....I still bought the pin.
Congo movie was crap...own the pin.

DI is the least shit theme out of the games I own/listed above. I don't care if a game isn't a theme I love, when a game is good...a game is good.

Off to Allentown to play me some ACNC! (btw, I don't like his music either, but it may be my next game)

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What Should Dialed In be Rethemed To?
Nuff Said Bub!
Dialed In to me is Stern's Family Guy.
Pick a theme that would translate well.

Killer Phone

#65 4 years ago

Had they called it Chaos in Quantum City and kept the phone I don't think people would have still thought it was a phone based game. But having a phone and calling it Dialed In......Oops

Still a great game though

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Had they called it Chaos in Quantum City and kept the phone I don't think people would have still thought it was a phone based game. But having a phone and calling it Dialed In......Oops
Still a great game though

If you change the title and art on the playfield and cabinet that would actually go a long way. Chaos in Quantum City is a good choice.

The next thing I’d change if possible is the selfie and emoji modes.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Something tells me the days of 'busty' women on pinball are over for now.

With Elvira 3 due out fairly soon I sure hope not!

#68 4 years ago

"Lawlor Avenger"

"Taking care of pinsiders, one at a time!"

Lawlor Avenger (resized).jpgLawlor Avenger (resized).jpg
#69 4 years ago

"Dial M for Murder". Actually, thinking a combined Hitchcock film Pin could be interesting.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

With Elvira 3 due out fairly soon I sure hope not!

thats a good point!

#71 4 years ago

Zelda?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#72 4 years ago

Jurassic world

#73 4 years ago

Retheme it as Insane Clown Posse. I’m in for a “Magnets, HTF Do They Work” Edition.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Honestly, the theme haters are out of control with groupthink. Let’s take a perfectly great game and turn it into a stupid movie that no one gives a crap about anymore. If all the theme haters have played the game and have seen all that it has to offer and still feel this way my hats off to you, but I doubt most if any have actually achieved some of these levels or you wouldn’t have these opinions.
Gimme a break. Open your minds.

Woah, settle petal. I really don’t think anyone gives a sh*t about re-theming Dialed In, just having a bit of fun.

#75 4 years ago

You guys are all effing crazy.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Honestly, the theme haters are out of control with groupthink. Let’s take a perfectly great game and turn it into a stupid movie that no one gives a crap about anymore. If all the theme haters have played the game and have seen all that it has to offer and still feel this way my hats off to you, but I doubt most if any have actually achieved some of these levels or you wouldn’t have these opinions.
Gimme a break. Open your minds.

It is just a bit of fun and haters will always hate no matter what. Same idea was going around for Iron Maiden as well.

Abba and "ring ring"?

#77 4 years ago

Re-theming any game is going to hit the current owners, if new theme is better. Having said that, re-theme something that many have had trouble to begin with, is not wise for a companies business.

#78 4 years ago

As a former Dialed In owner, I wouldn’t mind a retheme. I didn’t mind the original theme, but I also didn’t love it . If it were to be rethemed with slightly different mechs/toys that would be ok with me. It’s a great design and a fun shooter.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

As a former Dialed In owner, I wouldn’t mind a retheme. I didn’t mind the original theme, but I also didn’t love it . If it were to be rethemed with slightly different mechs/toys that would be ok with me. It’s a great design and a fun shooter.

It lasted 10 days in my house. Loved playing it in the arcade. At home, quickly regretted it.

The layout largely isn't the issue. Packed with shots. PACKED. Hell you just flip and you'll hit something. Lots of flow, esp. for Lawlor.

But the overall package was just a drag. The monotone nature of all sounds. The cartoonish toys. The damn END OF BALL music. UGH.

SDTM Drains from the theatre UNLESS you hit the Slidey McSlider guy to redirect the ball. Drones that spin for a less than a second. The absolutely flawed SIM card shot. I also dislike JJP low EM-style scoring.

Ironically it just really lacks energy.

sprintguy.gifsprintguy.gif
#80 4 years ago

Retheme it to “L1ck my Balls”. Or better yet. Facts of Life. I really liked that Blair girl and joe. Tootie was cool too. Or maybe The A-team with retro Mr. T. That would be GREAT. Or Oceans 11. That movie was exciting. And I like the band Rush. That would be cool. Maybe they do a whole 2112 themed game.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have never seen one episode of TWD....own the pin.
I hate Jon Depp. Didn't make it through the 1st movie....own the pin.
IMDN music is pure crap to my ears....I still bought the pin.
Congo movie was crap...own the pin.

This is just strange to me. Why would I make such an investment if I didn't like the whole package? My friends and family would also be like "Why the f do you own the pin based around a TV show you never saw?" etc.. If I like Corvettes too, but if I hate olive green I sure as hell wouldn't buy one in olive green.

I was quite familiar to the Congo book long before that movie.... so I wouldn't mind owning that title.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this has been covered 1000X.
Dialed In is not a "cell phone theme". One of the many toys in the game is a cell phone. And it's actually a badass toy.

Doesn’t matter. It can be covered 1000x more and will not matter. Phone kills it for me. I see them everywhere, EVERYWHERE! All the time. Title is ‘Dialed In?’ Sounds Phoney to me. Not in my beloved pins, please.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-dialed-in-be-rethemed-to/page/2?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.