(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#128 12 years ago

I would like a small section about the people that run Pinside cause I think you do a great job. Like maybe if you click the 'Contact' like at the top there is a short bio and email links for the staff.

EDIT: Nevermind... just found The Story of Pinside.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/help/how-it-started-the-story-of-the-pinside

You've officially thought of everything.

#132 12 years ago

How about donations to Pinside counting towards Karma? I think 1 Karma point for every penny donated.

Example - $10 is 1000 Karma.

#134 12 years ago

Perhaps a small improvement. Not a huge deal.

- Move 'Add a tag' to the bottom of the a thread. I'm always adding tags to threads accidentally when I'm really trying to search the forum (I always delete them after). Could just be me.

#143 12 years ago

Maybe some sort of browseable/searchable wiki knowledge base with common questions and solutions. Anyone could answer and other users could vote for the best answer (possibly flag or vote off poor answers). It could start with simple things like "What should I polish my playfield with" or "Where should I buy LED upgrades?" and maybe progress to include technical repairs info for specific pins.

Kinda like Yahoo! Answers I guess.

#146 12 years ago

Maybe a listing of people that can called upon for servicing our pins? I like to do a lot of it myself, but having a trusty tech nearby would be a bonus.

#148 12 years ago

Perhaps mod edits to vague topic titles (you don't really know what the topic is until you click and read the post). It was a pet peeve of mine when I ran a forum. Example bad topic title:
    "Does anyone here..." would be changed by a mod to "Does anyone here like Data East pins?"

2 weeks later
    #157 12 years ago

Maybe filtering in the market for more advanced searches... Like the option to search only within my area or within a certain price range.

#160 12 years ago

One more thing for the market. Show the listing state so you don't have to click the map to see where Sasaskatoon (or whatever) is.

1 week later
    #167 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The biggest difference you could make to improve the forum and encourage more involvement by members in each thread would be to give the ability to subscribe to threads and receive email notifications whenever someone posts to a subscribed thread.

+1

Would love that. Sometimes I forget what threads I've posted in.

#175 12 years ago

Is there an obvious "Compose New Message" button for Pinside mail that I'm just missing? I always seem to have trouble when trying to send a new mail to someone.

Also, If you could start typing a name for the recipient of the Pinside mail on a new message and it would try to auto-fill a member name based one what you are typing that would be a great feature too.

#200 12 years ago

Are EM going to be mixed in with the SS rankings? I personally hope they're separate because, while I do enjoy looking at them, I don't have as much interest in them.

#204 12 years ago

If I ever get back into iPhone programming I might try to write an App that lets you easily rate machines in the wild. Don't know how many people would use it... but I would!

#206 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

If I ever get back into iPhone programming I might try to write an App that lets you easily rate machines in the wild. Don't know how many people would use it... but I would!
    That would be great for using at shows. But until then we can print these like I'm gonna do for the York show on the 7Th Oct.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/print-off-for-rating-pinball-machine

Oh, cool! Didn't see that thread until now.

#209 12 years ago

Maybe a little larger photo navigation for viewing images in the archive for people on phones? Currently have to zoom way up to hit the forward and back buttons. Page numbering links in the forum could be a little larger too.

#224 12 years ago

Collector groups for owners of specific machines to talk amongst themselves.

So instead of sending a Pinside Mail to a specific person you could send a mail to everyone with Terminator 2 (as an example) listed in their current collection. Giving a person the ability to unsubscribe from a group would be good too.

#228 12 years ago

TF autolink to Transformers?

#231 12 years ago

Thanks!

PM for Pinball Magic?

#233 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I haven't added that one because many people here use that abbreviation for PinsideMail or Private Message (which is essentially the same thing). []

Makes perfect sense!

1 month later
    #242 12 years ago

This idea is kinda out there... But maybe some way to aid collectors in figuring out which machines they should buy or look for. Would be cool if it was somehow tied into ratings. Like after you rate a pin it would say 'you may also like' or 'people who rated this machine highly also like'.

#246 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Good idea! Like recommendations? "If you like Demolition Man and Dirty Harry you will also like Johnny Mnemonic". That's a good idea. I'll see if I can come up with some smart mechanism to make these []

Exactly! It might help collectors who are on the fence about buying a certain machines make up their mind.

Another similar thing would be visual relationship map. No idea how hard that would be to implement... but it would be neat to look at.

Examples:
    http://www.musicplasma.com/
    http://www.music-map.com/metallica.html

#249 12 years ago

How about if someone has something for sale in the market it does something to their mini-profile info (the stuff to the left of each post)?

It could maybe put a green dollar sign next to the heart. Clicking the dollar sign would take you to the listing in the market.

Just a little extra advertising for sellers.

2 months later
    #254 12 years ago

Maybe an indexing / archive of old articles an stories that have been on the front page. Seems like once they leave the front page they get a bit tricky to find. Some type of browsable knowledge base would be really nice.

Then, maybe some of the stickies in the forum that are more like articles (and less like discussions) could be moved to this archive.

3 weeks later
    #261 12 years ago

Very small bug.

The phrase "Add tags to this topic..." shows up in the trending keywords.

1 month later
    #293 12 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

If there is not a way currently, a way to jump to the last unread post would be awesome.

In case you're still following this thread. You can now jump to the latest unread posts by clicking the "# New" badge on topic titles.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rascal_h.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-be-next-on-pinsidecom?tu=rascal_h and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.