(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#298 7 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Would like to see more Pinsiders rating EM'S,EM pinball machines got me hooked on pinball a long time ago!!

I don't think you want that. Many of us find those things boring as hell. If I were forced to rate them, they'd get all zeroes. I know there are folks that like them. I'm guessing they are the ones that are rating them.

I'd like a way to disable sub forums on a per user prefs basis from the new post page so I don't see things like off topic posts about teachers treating autistic kids badly when I come to see what pinball related things are up.

#308 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

tomdotcom said:When you open a thread, it should go o the latest post, not the first one...
    That would be nice for us who are using an ipad or cell phone to check the updates. Good call tomdotcom.

If you are checking updates, it sort of already does that. Just click on the new count to the right and it takes you to where you left off in the thread last time you read it.

#327 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

30FathomDave said:
    Let us post image tags, for crying out loud. I HATE that I have to upload pics, since I prefer to post from my iPhone. It also makes it much harder to integrate photos into telling a story with your pics (without having to edit). I'd love to be able to just post an image tag from my photobucket account.
    I agree with you on this one. And have plans to build some functionality to accomodate this. The reason I am not simply enabling IMG tags to be rendered inline are twofold:
    1) I'm worried for dead image links. How many other forums (and even old threads on RGP, for example) don't have dead links that often make the thread more or less useless. For example, a tech question about the location of a plastic. Someone answers with a picture hosted on their photobucket. But when they decide to quit photobucket, the image disappears and the thread becomes useless. Hope I'm making sense here.
    2) Copyrights. What I could do is recognize image urls, copy the images to the Pinside server and host them from there indefinitely. But then things like copyrights come into play. So I'm not sure yet how to proceed with this.
    So for now, we're stuck with the current uploading implementation.

I think you can handle it using method two. But rather than take an IMG tag, allow an image from URL in the image upload section. Add a checkbox that user agrees he has rights to the image and you should be covered under the user generated content criteria.

#328 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buschjs:

I think the tilt warnings have to go, or be modified to allow users to "un-tilt" a post. From what I have seen it is more often mis-used than used correctly. It seems that people think if they don't like the content for any reason then it is OK to tilt a post... and un-hiding tilted posts is sometimes a nuisance. For whatever reason, the site will not save my "Tilt Hide" setting.

There is definitely a problem with how these work. There are even users that are getting tilted by other users no matter what they post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside